longer hair with receding hairline?

msh89

10 days post op, buzzed native hair so it was the same length of the transplanted hair and all my problem spots look really good given the condition, so i'm really excited/happy.

however, the one thing i hoped to sort as a last option was my receding hairline, but the grafts were used elsewhere, and i'm okay with that being my first surgery. i'm completely fine with where my center hairline stands on my forehead, kind of makes it look large, but not too bad. however, it begins to recede into the corners further back, and that's the part that kind of bothers me.

i hope to grow my hair out longer/shaggy, and my hair gets curly as well, which would help with looking more dense, but not sure if it will help with hiding my receding corners.

anyone with the same hairline as me and longer hair able to share what their current style looks like? or any predictions? tried googling "receding hair lines" and looked at celebrity pictures and such, but i'm hyper critical of my hairline and don't really know where i would stand with longer hair.

also on a side note, how many grafts would you think be needed to sort out the corners? it's such a small area, like 1inchx1.5inch on each side, if that. i'd probably go FUE since i don't think i'd need much.

thanks!

hair1.JPG.27b3b01ec672dae09b5f9bf546aa65cf.JPG

hair2.JPG.f577b589aadf4cc9e60d46a10cd03604.JPG

hair3.JPG.0d74068dec9614fae8980eaac17056f1.JPG

Your hairline placement is perfect. You may not feel that way because you are in your early 20's, but you have to keep in mind that you will lose more hair in the future and transplants are not perfectly dense, so your hair will look the most natural with recessed and mature corners. I actually wish my hairline and corners were a tad higher for this reason, and I am more than ten years older than you.

Trust me. Your hairline is right where it should be and will be give you the best look in the future.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

"I actually wish my hairline and corners were a tad higher for this reason"

I couldn't agree more with you Spanker. Even though I am very happy with my surgery and I don't think my hairline was aggressive at all, that thought did come into my head about having the corners even a tad higher also on reflection.

Donor hair is precious.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hairline looks fine to me. It will stand the test of time as you get older.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

First off i'd have to agree with other posters and say your hairline looks fine.

It just looks like a "mature hairline"

Secondly, my temples/corners are significantly more receded than yours. Rather than the U/V shape you have mine looks more like the "horseshoe" pattern. Despite that I have my hair long and i think it covers it up quite nicely....My hair lengh in the front goes down to just above my eyebrows and pretty much covers most of my forehead.

The only reason I can get away with this though (I think) is becasue

1) everywhere else my hair is still very thick,

2) I went to a decent hair salon where they cut it to account for the receded temples (ie. leaving it longer/layered on the corners i assume)

But yeah, with your hairline dont worry, I think longer hair could definitely work for you even though as others have said you look good with it shaved as well!

thanks for the responses everyone! unfortunately i can't keep my hair buzzed anymore because i have already underwent one surgery. guess i'll just have to wait a year and see how things look once it grows out and hope for the best!