HT via Beauty Travels 24! Taking the plunge!!

fafa1001

Hello everyone. I'm a 34 year old male, living in Manchester, UK.

I have been losing my very hair gradually since I turned 18, way back in 1996. It started in the crown and now has progressed enough to warrant a hair transplant. And that is what I'm considering now!

Over the years, the only real topical treatment that has made a noticeable difference has been Regaine/Rogaine. And I have used this off and on.

I am actually booked for a HT in Istanbul via Beauty Travels 24 in Feb 2013. I chose this because a neighbor has used them last year and the experience was good with excellent results. Take a look at my pics below. Based on these pics, Beauty Travels 24 has recommended two sessions for a total of about 6000 grafts. The first sessions should yield about 3500. And I'll wait to assess results before making a decision for session 2!

I've joined HRN to document my hair restoration journey. I would love to share my experience and hopefully help others in similar situations.

Any encouraging words are well appreciated! What do you guys think??

20130113_211607.jpg.2d3257662eb7d7e53167f3edac359052.jpg

20130113_211709.jpg.7dfd7af47afc2ea76717b4c0dbaa027a.jpg

20130113_211819.jpg.b7f85bcbaa7fa9d4a5d096979b12c66d.jpg

20130113_213040.jpg.69637038fa7eebec31be71e8d41d7d38.jpg

20130113_213316.jpg.836e29420b87f4c28606a5c5d424121f.jpg

20130113_215839.jpg.a70259cb0d79df2af2d816eb5e0e3c64.jpg

20130113_215855.jpg.e3acd7e5b362fced255a6c5c69af2ed7.jpg

20130113_215950.jpg.0213a7b3767a4fb9c7a10cb0057150eb.jpg

20130113_220035.jpg.56be2be1070012a909b2e006f0864069.jpg

20130113_220152.jpg.a4d49f91da756bd5349b1714fe6c4d87.jpg

I have never heard of Beauty Travel 24. Sound interesting. I am curious if you are having FUT or FUE? Also, did they tell you that all of your thinning/balding areas would be addressed with the 6000 grafts or are they recommending only having work done in the frontal and mid scalp areas?

Hi,

I didn't hear of Beauty Travel 24 before my neighbor had it done either. It's actually a German based clinic and hospital established in Istanbul. Their entire admin/support staff is German. They even take payment in Euros rather than Turkish currency. The only Turkish staff they have are the clinical staff, ie doctors and techs. The lead surgeon is Prof. Dr. Ismail Ermis, along with two other staff surgeons are OP. Dr. Selahattin Tulunay and OP. Dr. Mbaraka Abdallah LJOHIY .

The reason why they aren't as visible as other clinics/doctors are because they are regulated by German standards, they must adhere to very a strict advertising code. At least that's what I've been told. But I'm reassured by a real person who has had his procedure done at this place and is totally satisfied...so hoping everything will go well for me too!

During the course of my research, I have learned that to achieve total desired coverage and density for me, I must look for about 8-10k grafts. So in the first session I hope to achieve the hairline with some top coverage along with some density. The second session will be aimed more at crown.

The place only deals in FUE. Because I wear my hair short often, FUT was not desireable.

I hope that answers your questions. Thanks for your interest!

Wish me luck!!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Is beauty travel 24 the same as Medical Travel Global Co?

Dr Tulunay is in Medical Travel as well.

Any other cases of people having it done in Turkey? I plan on going there but not sure due to lack of personal cases knowledge.

Thanks

My honest opinion and it is just my opinion...i dont think you have sufficient donor for a procedure.

My advice would be to get more opinions from Drs on this forum and see what they say, because if you aim to get 6000 grafts then i think you maybe found wanting.

I see Dr Charles has commented on this thread so maybe he could give you some advice. Very ethical and good Doctor:)

Wish you well with whatever you decide.

I wud say do more homework. clinics that no one has heard of shud be avoided like the plague imo but its ur head and ur money.....

ur on ur way to being a solid NW7 and you do not have enough donor hair in the donor zone. ur hair is already thinning in ur donor zone and ur scar will be very noticable.

ur gonna have to look into a doctor that performs FUE so u can extract beard and body hairs if u want 6000 grafts.

Firstly I want to wish you the best on your hair transplant journey. Secondly I have to agree with GNX1 and CW I dont know how you are going to get 6000 grafts with the donor pictures you have shown.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Any updates?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Hi, how did your procedure go as I've been looking into this company and the clinics they recommend in Istanbul. Did you have the procedure at the camlica hospital?

Be good to get some reviews of this company and its surgeons

Thanks

Hello everyone. I'm a 34 year old male, living in Manchester, UK.

I have been losing my very hair gradually since I turned 18, way back in 1996. It started in the crown and now has progressed enough to warrant a hair transplant. And that is what I'm considering now!

Over the years, the only real topical treatment that has made a noticeable difference has been Regaine/Rogaine. And I have used this off and on.

I am actually booked for a HT in Istanbul via Beauty Travels 24 in Feb 2013. I chose this because a neighbor has used them last year and the experience was good with excellent results. Take a look at my pics below. Based on these pics, Beauty Travels 24 has recommended two sessions for a total of about 6000 grafts. The first sessions should yield about 3500. And I'll wait to assess results before making a decision for session 2!

I've joined HRN to document my hair restoration journey. I would love to share my experience and hopefully help others in similar situations.

Any encouraging words are well appreciated! What do you guys think??

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My first post on here, I hope it is of use?

I booked my travel and FUE technique program with Beauty travels in Feb 2015, for a procedure in May 2015.

I've been losing my hair since my late 30's and am now 55, I have been using Dutasteride and Rogaine foam daily for the past 5 years.

I arrived in Istanbul at 6.30pm on Sunday to be met by the Beauty24 driver exactly as promised in the literature I received by e-mail when making my booking. I should say here that I'm a seasoned traveller on business and used to meeting people with little or no English at foreign airports, others used to package travel might find this daunting.

We drove from the airport directly to the clinic, a journey of nearly an hour through Istanbul traffic. En-route I received a call from my nurse a Tunisian with good English amongst her 6 languages explaining that after dinner in my 8th floor room at the clinic I should get a good nights sleep and rest as tomorrow would be very busy. Dinner was perfectly good and on a standard with pre-Jamie Oliver school dinners.

The room and clinic are modern, air conditioned, clean and the food is good if a little basic.There is free and fast wifi and a TV, with limited English language stations, I'm currently watching Game of Thrones with Turkish sub-titles.

I'm awoken on Monday morning at 7am by my nurse complete a breakfast tray. After breakfast I go to the ground floor for a blood test which will determine that I'm suitable for surgery that day, the first of many needles that day! After the blood test confirms all is well I go for a consultation with the surgeon, who examines my scalp and donor regions and explains the FUE procedure in detail, 3000 grafts and two procedures at that level required for full coverage. I sign the consent forms and pay my EUR2350 including board and accomodation

I don a surgical gown and slippers and have my head shaved in a small ante-room.

In the operating room I'm asked to lie on my stomach and told that they will numb the back of my head with local anaesthetic, the table is like one used for a massage with a hole for your face to fit in and allow you to breathe whilst face down. My English speaking nurse is present and reassures me that after the first few injections which are unpleasant (and they are) I will feel no pain, should I experience any I should simply say so and they will numb that area further, this occurs only once. In all I felt 3 or 4 injections, the rest were then numbed by the local anaesthesia.

You are aware of the activity taking place on the back of your head, but there is little sensation and no pain, do remember though, someone is punching thousands of holes in your scalp, you will have a headache after the anaesthetic wears off. The surgeons work on you as a pair and the conversation is all in Turkish, soccer, politics etc The only other noise is the soft whirr of the punch and some Turkish music playing in the background. Your head is repositioned a number of times during the harvesting procedure. It takes a good few hours, there is frequent mopping of blood and use of dressings and petri dishes.

Once harvesting from the donor sites on either side of your head, behind your ears is complete (a number of hours) you sit up and your wound is dressed heavily. The your surgeon draws on your head the various implantation areas and densities of grafts and your new hairline. After checking in a mirror I agree that this is acceptable and sign a further consent at this point.

I'm asked to lie back down, this time face up. The numbing procedure on my forehead takes place and as before it is uncomfortable, but not really painful. This is so that the surgeon can make incisions for the grafts to be placed, he explains again the densities of incisions he is making. The incisions can be felt as pressure and you can hear the noise of a blade slicing through your flesh in thousands of micro cuts. There is little other sensation and this part is over more quickly than the harvesting. Your wounds are dressed, you have a hair net over your head and you return to your room for lunch. After this my nurse returns with a light sedative and some water, she explains this is to help sleep through the implant phase as it is the best way, it is quite time consuming.

So on to the afternoon session, I'm lying on my back with a light gauze protecting my eyes from the bright lights. The first few implants are a little uncomfortable as the follicles are placed in the incisions, but as the sedative takes effect I quickly nod off, I'm awoken by the clinic principal checking the work and presented with a mirror to see that all 3000 grafts have been completed. After my head is dressed I return to my room and notice it is early evening and my dinner is on my table. My nurse presents me with a goody bag of anti-inflamatory drugs, antibiotics and interestingly no pain relief. Where did that time go today?

So, it is a day long procedure that is uncomfortable rather than painful and the team were professional to a standard you would expect in the UK or the US. I will be more than happy to update with photos as time goes along.

I do hope this wasn't too long and boring to read, I wanted to get the points down whilst they were fresh in my head along with 3000 re-positioned hairs!! :-)

I'm happy to answer any questions if you want to PM me?

IMG_1150.jpg.1c949f1ba6b642670d0cb260cdeb6c20.jpg

IMG_1147.JPG.262b2937b4782ad4df7d4c5d86b43c16.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG.b98308728ec8d34f6c360813a5ae26de.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have to agree that your donor area seems a little small. But most people have at least 6000 grafts in the donor area that can be harvested if done with discretion and good planning. There are some questions such as how old were you when your loss began and are you on medication to inhibit future loss? A lot of this depends on your ultimate goal. If you will be happy restoring the front and having the crown as it is that should be a doable transplant and one that can be very rejuvenating. But remember, the transplant doesn't stop loss and it appears you have some miniaturized hair as well, Please do lots of research! Good luck!

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Clinical Supervisor for Dr. Jerry Cooley

Carolina Dermatology Haircenter

Charlotte, NC

It's looking good. I can't see any redness. I hope it's healing well. How about an update?

Thanks.

The op was 2 months ago today, it's that period when there's not much to see, but here's an updated photo. The donor area is still itchy, I'm trying not to touch that and the recipient area has lost most of it's hair as was explained to me. I'm looking forward to a couple of months time when I should expect to see some growth coming through.

I'll continue the updates each month.

unnamed.png.d2ebc9b949f3358e3b2208e29caeb6f2.png

I have to agree that your donor area seems a little small. But most people have at least 6000 grafts in the donor area that can be harvested if done with discretion and good planning. There are some questions such as how old were you when your loss began and are you on medication to inhibit future loss? A lot of this depends on your ultimate goal. If you will be happy restoring the front and having the crown as it is that should be a doable transplant and one that can be very rejuvenating. But remember, the transplant doesn't stop loss and it appears you have some miniaturized hair as well, Please do lots of research! Good luck!

Ailene, just to check was your message in response to fafa1001's original post?

Ailene, just to check was your message in response to fafa1001's original post?

Yes, Muyor it was.

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Clinical Supervisor for Dr. Jerry Cooley

Carolina Dermatology Haircenter

Charlotte, NC

• 1 month later...

My Op was 3 months ago this week. Although it doesn't look much changed from above the hair from in front is visible on top of my head. Still a long way to go.

1Day.jpg.b9ce7272f6d0bc8221ce26939f290ebd.jpg

2Weeks.png.7e05cda5f89fc1302651695b7074792e.png

1month.jpg.6447bb27a030d76c5c2eab003964d0f7.jpg

2months.png.0c31e07b02c46e17662321c0dec6146c.png

3months.jpg.79a9ef9c4563bde32b90886de97a979b.jpg

Edited by Muyor

• 5 weeks later...