Hairline

amanmehra11

Hi all,

From the 1st day of my hair transplant i am worried about hairline made by my surgeon. I feel that it is too high .I am in my mid 20's. Is this the concern of all (or most ) of the people under gone HT.

Please express your feelings on this

Edited by amanmehra11

It would be a lot easier for you to get some good feedback if you posted pictures but as a general rule of thumb most ethical surgeons are not going to lower your existing hair line a whole lot. You will eat up a ton of grafts doing that which could leave you with nothing in reserve for future treatments if you continue to lose hair.

I happen to think it's better to go more conservative than aggressive with the hairline. You can always add but it's very difficult to take away. Didn't you discuss your hairline design with your physician ahead of time?

It would be a lot easier for you to get some good feedback if you posted pictures but as a general rule of thumb most ethical surgeons are not going to lower your existing hair line a whole lot. You will eat up a ton of grafts doing that which could leave you with nothing in reserve for future treatments if you continue to lose hair.

I have added a pic.This is 3 days after HT

I happen to think it's better to go more conservative than aggressive with the hairline. You can always add but it's very difficult to take away. Didn't you discuss your hairline design with your physician ahead of time?

Yes I discussed.But he told me that this will look real .Otherwise it may appear fake.I have added my pic.Please provide ur comments

It doesn't look too high. A lot of young men want the really low hairline to when they were in their teens but no one knows where you'll end up on the Norwood scale. You cannot deplete your donor to concentrate on your hairline alone. It sounds like your physician wanted an appropriate hairline for now while reserving donor for future as well. Your hair is really short, once the hairs start growing and you have length to your hair, the hairline itself will look lower.

Hard to tell but from the photo it looks like a sensible hairline location

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hi all,

From the 1st day of my hair transplant i am worried about hairline made by my surgeon. I feel that it is too high .I am in my mid 20's. Is this the concern of all (or most ) of the people under gone HT.

Please express your feelings on this

This looks like an excellent hairline and I don't think you've got anything to be worried about. Once grown out, the added fullness should balance your face well.

Bro, this looks fine.

Even my doc has given me a similar hairline, but I've always had a broad forehead..... so he's just replaced my original hairline

The height and shape are fine but keep in mind two important points.

1. Your recipient and upper forehead areas are still swollen so once all of the swelling has completely settled then the hairline will look slightly lower.

2. Once the hair grows in and matures the hairline shape and placement will look more aggressive than it really is. Length adds a dimension to the appearance that is not present yet.

Don't lose any sleep over this. As Janna said, it can be lowered later but from what I see that would not be a good idea. You're fine.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians