Looking to set the date this week

FUEsday

Hey guys. I am looking for advice. As some of you know I recently had a failed FUE attempt by Dr. Rahal in Ottawa.

After doing some more research I have narrowed it down to the following surgeons to schedule: Dr. Baubac (Armani Clinic) (LA), Feller (NY), Bernstein (NY), and Beehner (NY). Are their any names here that stick out to anyone as a clear choice or someone to avoid? I have seen great results with all of them and they have more experience in patients with wavy/nappy/wacky hair types. My uncle actually went to Dr. Beehner and is extremely satisfied.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All good, but IMHO..of that group...Feller clear winner. OH and NO WAY go to anyone from Armani Clinic! What Dr Rahal did for you, probably wouldnt have happened at Armani Clinic, the honesty Im talking about.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

This forum is so annoying it is impossible to tell what is real advice vs. advertising. Does anyone know of a better forum?

You WON'T find a better forum. Sorry this is beneath you.

You have been a member for less than a month. I suggest you spend more time researching. No way you can figure it all out in a month

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Whenever I post a surgeons name for advice that isn't recommended on here the website doesn't allow me to post it. It seems that certain physicians are blocked from the forum especially if their focus is on FUE. I looked into Dr. Feller and he doesn't recommend FUE in patients needed less than 500 grafts which is a norwood 0-1.

Whenever I post a surgeons name for advice that isn't recommended on here the website doesn't allow me to post it. It seems that certain physicians are blocked from the forum especially if their focus is on FUE. I looked into Dr. Feller and he doesn't recommend FUE in patients needed less than 500 grafts which is a norwood 0-1.

I've seen hundreds of surgeons names posted on here that aren't deleted. Not sure where you get that from.

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

I recently had a failed FUE attempt by Dr. Rahal in Ottawa.

what is a "failed FUE attempt"?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

what is a "failed FUE attempt"?

A small minority of patients turn out not to be good candidates for FUE, and that was the case with FUEsday. FUE was attempted but Dr Rahal decided FUEsday would be better off if he didn't proceed with it.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

FUEsday,

If Dr Rahal does not think you are a candidate for FUE, you should take that very seriously as he is one of the best surgeons there is. I would consult with other leading surgeons such as the ones you have mentioned with the exception of Armani to maybe get a second opinion.

If they all come to the same verdict, I would leave FUE completely. They will not BS you. You will find someone that will do it, but that may not be what is best for you.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I am not sure who Matt J is (never met or taked to him):confused:, or if he should have access to my surgical records, but if anyone has any questions about my experience with the Rahal clinic private message me and I will be happy to share it with you.

Thanks Chris! I do take his advice seriously. I agree after talking with the Armani clinic they are not a good choice for me or anyone for that matter. Very sketchy. Am currently in discussion with a couple other fue doctors and if it doesnt work out may consider strip (feller or beehener). Don't like that feller is using staples though!

It was also a mixture of factors that my FUE was unsuccessful. Not necessarily that I am not a good candidate. In the end it comes down to technique, experience, tools used, etc. my wavy hair definitely did not help the situation , but there are many examples of African American cases and patients that have far curvier/nappy/wacky hair types that have ha successful FUE procedures,

Don't like that feller is using staples though!

What makes you feel this way about staples? A lot of top physicians use a mixture of both, and many feel like staples (especially in wider strip extractions) actually lead to better scars.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Patient discomfort, scaring, shock loss. In the hands of a skilled surgeon and correct materials, sutures are superior in every way. They allow the surgeon to obtain closure closer to the incision site which results in reduced scaring. The point of a needle has a much higher gauge (meaning thinner) than a staple, which is easier to avoid disruption of surrpunding follicles. Staples are fired into the incision site blindly and are a convenience.

Patient discomfort, scaring, shock loss. In the hands of a skilled surgeon and correct materials, sutures are superior in every way. They allow the surgeon to obtain closure closer to the incision site which results in reduced scaring. The point of a needle has a much higher gauge (meaning thinner) than a staple, which is easier to avoid disruption of surrpunding follicles. Staples are fired into the incision site blindly and are a convenience.

Man you have got to do way more research. This is simply not true. Some of the best surgeons on here who have the best " least " noticeable scars use staples.

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Patient discomfort, scaring, shock loss.

In the hands of a skilled surgeon and correct materials, sutures are superior in every way.

FUEsday....I am not arguing with you at all...I am just trying to educate myself....why do think if "sutures are superior in every way" that many top surgeons use staples instead of sutures? What would be their motive to use an inferior closure method?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Convenience. Using sutures is a very intricate and artistic process and it takes time and skill to use them appropriately. The people replying to these forums could probably staple your incision.

Convenience. Using sutures is a very intricate and artistic process and it takes time and skill to use them appropriately. The people replying to these forums could probably staple your incision.

Wow!!!

They are not using staples from a regular stapler. Not true, the people, with the exception of the doctors on here, could not staple that incision. Ask Dr Lindsey!!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

New hair please, are you in the medical field or do you work for a forum? Is your research based on pictures that include both the best and worst results? Do you agree the pictures you see could be fabricated in some way? Are you considering physics and physiology in your comments? Maybe you can share some of your research with us so we can see where your preference for staples is stemming from.

No I am not a doctor. No I do not get paid by this board! I am not trying to argue with you and I do not want to get into a pissing match, I am just simply Stating that there are top quality surgeons on this board who you staples! And their scar lines are virtually undetectable! Hasson and Wong and sometimes Konior and more. No one can accuse these doctors are being lazy

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Wow, your posts baffle me.

I think Dr. Rahal was lucky for being unable to operate on you, you seem very difficult.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon