FUT with Dr Ron shapiro in Jan 2013

kred2

Hi Kred, You chose an excellent Doctor and Clinc. I had a 3400+ graft procedure done on 2-14-12 at SMG with Dr. Ron. My pics are not posted here (nor is my story) but is on two other sites. I'm planning on visiting SMG in March for pics and follow-up. I will see if Janna is intrested in posting my pre's and post's here. I was a repair patient, (many mini-graft plugs in the crown had to be punched out) and there is NO scarring anywhere that the punchout's were done. I had pitting from my previous procedures, large pluggy grafts and most if not all at wrong angles. Anytime a patient makes good/great statements about the clinic they went to, they are called "shills" or paid posters, I am neither. I am a statisfied client, thats all. You are lucky to be a virgin scalp in great hands! I know I, and a great many others wish we could have been. Good luck on your procedure, although luck has nothing to do with it...you are in great hands!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kred, You chose an excellent Doctor and Clinc. I had a 3400+ graft procedure done on 2-14-12 at SMG with Dr. Ron. My pics are not posted here (nor is my story) but is on two other sites. I'm planning on visiting SMG in March for pics and follow-up. I will see if Janna is intrested in posting my pre's and post's here. I was a repair patient, (many mini-graft plugs in the crown had to be punched out) and there is NO scarring anywhere that the punchout's were done. I had pitting from my previous procedures, large pluggy grafts and most if not all at wrong angles. Anytime a patient makes good/great statements about the clinic they went to, they are called "shills" or paid posters, I am neither. I am a statisfied client, thats all. You are lucky to be a virgin scalp in great hands! I know I, and a great many others wish we could have been. Good luck on your procedure, although luck has nothing to do with it...you are in great hands!

thincity how are you?? Feeling better brother? :D

Hi Staggerlee! I'm doing much better.. I returned to work yesterday. I have to meet with my surgeon next week as it appears that a hernia may have developed next to my incision. I had a very large incision and thee laproscopic incisions, so I knew it might be a possibility. Unless something changes, I'm planning on visiting SMG in mid-March, but may press my wife to take pics at the one year mark regardless. Have you made a decision on your repair? I know it's a very tough call, but I can say for me it was well worth it. I have a big "dog and pony show" this weekend for wifes work (tux and all) and for the first time in ten years, I have no fears of someone standing over me and looking down at my crown and seeing the crappy plugs!

Hi Staggerlee! I'm doing much better.. I returned to work yesterday. I have to meet with my surgeon next week as it appears that a hernia may have developed next to my incision. I had a very large incision and thee laproscopic incisions, so I knew it might be a possibility. Unless something changes, I'm planning on visiting SMG in mid-March, but may press my wife to take pics at the one year mark regardless. Have you made a decision on your repair? I know it's a very tough call, but I can say for me it was well worth it. I have a big "dog and pony show" this weekend for wifes work (tux and all) and for the first time in ten years, I have no fears of someone standing over me and looking down at my crown and seeing the crappy plugs!

Hey thincity glad to hear you are back to work, that is good news! They can take care of that simple hernia for you, after what you've been through that will be a walk in the park. Good luck on your next step at SMG, I'm glad you don't have to worry about those plugs in your crown anymore! After your next visit you should be good to go, best of luck with that. How many grafts are you shooting for this time?

I have had some health and financial issues so my decision is still up in the air as to who to go to for my procedure/repair.

Have a good time with the "dogs and ponies." :D

Hey StaggerLee, The visit to SMG will only be for pictures and evaluation of my scar and old scars, scalp laxity, donor availability. I really don't have a number of grafts in mind, I'll leave that to for Pro's to decide. The financial part is always an issue, but for me, I wouldn't consider anywhere/one else. I hate to spend money on a flight and hotel room just for an evaluation, but only so much can be determined from pictures. I drove to SMG for my in-person consult, was a long eleven hour trip. Unless something changes, I won't be able to do round two until mid-February 2014. I can't tell you how much of a relief it is not to stress about having people stand over me while I'm seated. I used to use toppik and then dermatch about 10-12 years ago, and for a time, it helped hide the plugs, but the last few years (pre SMG) were brutal!

Hi thincity,

Thanks for your words. Good to know that you had a great experience at SMG. I had my FUT procedure done yesterday which was a pretty long procedure actually (about 8hrs altogether). I had about 2333 grafts done, which was actually beneath my expectation as I was expecting atleast 3000+ grafts for good overall coverage. This is because my below average donor density could only allot 2333 grafts for 1.5cm width and 32cm long strip length. I will be required for a second procedure down the lane, but its too early to think about it for now. I felt very much comfortable throughout the procedure. Dr. Ron and their technicians were very friendly and supportive. Now its the time factor which I need to be patient until atleast 6 months to see the results. I am traveling to NC tomorrow to spend my vacation time so I don't have much time to post my pics today. I will post them in a day or two. I had a chat with Janna today and she would post some of my pics taken today.

Hey thincity can you post the link of your HT pics that I could look at. I am sure you would be looking amazing with a 3400+ grafts on you :)

FUT with Dr Ron Shapiro on Jan 2013

2333 grafts- 1's 903, 2's 1261, 3's 169

"the starve for hair is like money.......you always want more!!"

Kred2, Congrats on your procedure! As other posters have already written, post transplant is a slow change, and often very frustrating. The end result will make it all worthwhile, just at times the wait sucks!. The DVD that SMG provides post-op is good and I watched it a few times after I returned home. If you encounter any snags, Janna is awesome at emailing right away. I do not have any current pictures (I'm at 11 months this Monday), but on hairlossexperiences.com there are consult pics, post ops (with graft breakdowns) and one month and four month post ops taken at home. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

@SADbutTRUE,

Thanks Man. Dr Ron worked just below the hair line spreading through midscalp region.

@StaggerLee123,

@thincity

Yes the DVD I got on the post-op care instructions was very informative. I am healing pretty well. Had slight bleeding on the donor site the night after surgery and its now stopped completely. I checked on of this link Dr. Ron Shapiro 7 Months Result-Strip -3441gr/7572hairs - Dr. Ron Shapiro - Doctors section, Click on a Doctors name to view their results - Hairloss Experiences Hairloss Forum. If this was your its really an amazing transformation.

Hey Kred, The link/result is not mine, but I have seen this one before! Everything looks good in your pics, looks like your donor hair is thick which will give you greater coverage with less grafts. I'm at 11 months today.

Unfortunately, KRED2 has a lot of miniaturized hairs in the donor as well as recipient area. We had a long discussion about this and it's a good thing he's on Propecia and Rogaine foam. He's had a real positive effects from the meds and it's documented here: Shapiro Medical-7 Months Medical Therapy Only Result - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

Thincity,

We're fast approaching your one year mark. I still laugh at your conversation with your wife on her Valentines day gift. See you soon.

Hello Everyone!

Sharing some of my 3rd day post op pics under the day light. At this time I am finding a slight pain at the donor area, little discomfort because of staples. But besides that everything else looks fine. Today was the 6th day and I don't see much or very little redness on my scalp.

Optimized-IMG_0107.jpg.d17b29d1b5caec0a847c44ea2f72c347.jpg

Optimized-IMG_0114.jpg.e553b63dd6b12e945094dcb7ce6f45c4.jpg

Optimized-IMG_0113.jpg.1e822c7606a87c4f232e2ff13c498235.jpg

Optimized-IMG_0121.jpg.adcaec6a38b97c160846431c301f20d9.jpg

Optimized-IMG_0120.jpg.e6b29d382c9fa720abebf8b48c801536.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I got my staples removed at Dr Cooley's clinic in charlotte, NC. To be honest I did experience bit pain but was very relieved after getting them off my head. Started applying aloe vera gel before bed for relief and faster healing.

Optimized-IMG_0125.jpg.a8b55e4367d5cdee41da09a68a48fd7d.jpg

Optimized-IMG_0127.jpg.562bd6f39005fa1f2f2ea570861859f6.jpg

Optimized-IMG_0128.jpg.7c7acefa1ebdbf606860a19add5b47c4.jpg

Optimized-IMG_0131.jpg.ac5ed91a7e36a27a27d2f3e7a2a57765.jpg

Optimized-IMG_0133.jpg.fdfe2ac7b0b8bdc58add7aca78280698.jpg

Optimized-IMG_0138.jpg.ba55926937b1323c0d7c7de0b3eb2839.jpg

Getting those staples out is a big relief. You will feel so much better and the redness will start to go away quickly. Hang in there......this is the hardest part.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I started my day to the office at 25th day mark thinking that I might have to reveal about my surgery if I am showing off any traces of it; but contrary to my expectation I was surprised that people who sit next to me had no idea about my HT at all or rather they don't care about what happened to me.

In the beginning, I was little hesitant on showing off my scar even with the concealer that I used. I keep looking at the mirror to check if everything is in place but after passing one or two days in the office everything was as normal as before. I have just told everybody that I had a buzz cut for a change and no questions asked whatsoever.

I just thought to myself that I would give a damn of what people think about my current ugly duckling phase I am going through. So except for the exposure under direct sunlight, I stopped wearing a hat at all. Also I decided to not spend a lot of time in front of the mirror (max 3 times a day :D) till the end of 3rd month.

Reason for writing all this is, for the people who worry too much after HT can take this as an example that HT is NOT A BIG DEAL!! :)

I started my day to the office at 25th day mark thinking that I might have to reveal about my surgery if I am showing off any traces of it; but contrary to my expectation I was surprised that people who sit next to me had no idea about my HT at all or rather they don't care about what happened to me.

In the beginning, I was little hesitant on showing off my scar even with the concealer that I used. I keep looking at the mirror to check if everything is in place but after passing one or two days in the office everything was as normal as before. I have just told everybody that I had a buzz cut for a change and no questions asked whatsoever.

I just thought to myself that I would give a damn of what people think about my current ugly duckling phase I am going through. So except for the exposure under direct sunlight, I stopped wearing a hat at all. Also I decided to not spend a lot of time in front of the mirror (max 3 times a day :D) till the end of 3rd month.

Reason for writing all this is, for the people who worry too much after HT can take this as an example that HT is NOT A BIG DEAL!! :)

Going back to work after a procedure can be VERY stressful, glad to hear that it is going smoothly for you mate. What a relief that must be...

@Arrie

Thanks.....its the wait game now!!

@StaggerLee123

Yeah it is.....good that I'm able to cover my scar well with concealer. The credit also goes to the hair stylist at Sports clip, she gave a pretty nice look to make my hair look even :)

@Arrie

Thanks.....its the wait game now!!

@StaggerLee123

Yeah it is.....good that I'm able to cover my scar well with concealer. The credit also goes to the hair stylist at Sports clip, she gave a pretty nice look to make my hair look even :)

• 7 months later...

Hello all,

Its been a while I visited this site as I was pretty busy with my daily work schedule and travel.

Here are all of my post op pics till 9 months post op. I developed a keloid on the scar, which after my 1yr post op will be treated by Dr. Ron.

I have attached my 1 MONTH POST OP pics below:

yourimage.jpg.5ec49af81409a1b3a8fe39fe9aa8ac32.jpg

5b32db2c0cfdb_yourimage(1).jpg.d9c706b77fc21d4b2ceac5cd699e0b7e.jpg

5b32db2c1c9cd_yourimage(2).jpg.fc86590296ca2a7097fa0a79595d937a.jpg

5b32db2c2e2e5_yourimage(3).jpg.ac7f899fc5f41741b3ce5981ea4743ec.jpg

5b32db2c3ae2a_yourimage(4).jpg.a31dd6326a409150ce08f261a8fc1ea0.jpg

5b32db2c56e23_yourimage(6).jpg.f3c3871b7270d828b88a739c905a773d.jpg

5b32db2c62ef7_yourimage(7).jpg.a8e13111418da80968f129d78a32b43c.jpg