Dr Radha 18th Feb 2013

ahmed9500

I have 6 weeks to go now. I have booked flights,hotel and have visa. Starting scalp exercises today. I am starting to get a little anxious now and having second thoughts (dont know why), I just want it over and done with. What do you all think i shoud do with my grafts looking at my pic. Also, any DR Radha patients please could you give me ANY advice and UPDATES of your hair. One last question - what sort of a hat can i wear after 5 days? my flight back to UK is on the 23rd and i dont want to be wearing something that will spoil grafts?

1.jpg.213474e0ba6f6e54639d8c2a244466b1.jpg

IMG_2288.JPG.fdbf3fd4c396a79700d26392e12afcbf.JPG

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do not worry ahmed, you'll be in very good hands with Dr. Radha.

I guess you would require approx. 4000+ grafts to cover the entire area. How much did Dr. Radha recommend?

Thank you All about hair, your results are amazing, if i get that i will be over the moon! - well done!

KHALI - where are you from? i am going from UK - will fly straight from MUMBAI - VIZAG when i arrive and staying in NOVOTEL for a week till sutures out and then straight back to UK

Hi , I am from Uk and had surgery with Dr Radha on 12th December. You have nothing to worry about. She is an excellent doctor with a really good friendly team who will make the day just fine for you.Everything moves at a fast pace on the day and there is no time for worry.

She gave me a headband post op and tied a white hanky on top of it to my head for the first evening. I felt a little conspicuous walking around Vizag in the evening but it didnt bother me.After about 2 days i wore a baseball cap lightly on top of my head and if you wear it sitting on top of the headband it doesnt come in contact with the grafts.

I stayed at the Budhil Park Hotel on Dr Rhada's recommendation and it was near to the clinic for the driver to pick me up and take me back. He also picked me up and took me back the second day when they do the first hairwash.

Enjoy!

Thank you All about hair, your results are amazing, if i get that i will be over the moon! - well done!

KHALI - where are you from? i am going from UK - will fly straight from MUMBAI - VIZAG when i arrive and staying in NOVOTEL for a week till sutures out and then straight back to UK

I'm from Canada.

The picture in my avatar is actually pre op so sorry for confusion. I was Norwood4a and had 2500 grafts to the frontal top area. Total depth of frontal area grafted about 8cm. Will post my photos in a few months when things get going. At the moment 2 and a half weeks in the recipient area is still red and no new hairs have shed yet.

Hi Paulo, thanks for your message. I have lots of questions for you if you dont mind! Firstly, where are you from in UK? (possible meet up) secondly, how was your journey there and back? - flights? mumbai - vizag? transfer in mumbai? did you book through cleartrip? what visa did you go on? - was it single entry? what about payment? - did you carry pounds??

sorry for the interview - hope you dont mind. if you prefer, you can message me. thanks

Hi , I am from South east London area and am happy to meet up if you are also local. I went on a tourist visa which actually lasts for 6 months.

I flew via Jet airways from London to Mumbai. I found them to be good. I then got a transfer flight to Visakhapatnum also with Jet and had to wait a few hours for the next flight. When you come out of the international airport you need to follow sign for domestic transfers and you then get on a bus that takes you to the domestic airport and this whole process can take about 30 minutes so allow time.

I arrived at Vizag about 11.30 am and Dr Radha,s driver was waiting for me to take me to the hotel where i had a sleep for a couple of hours before he came to pick me up again at 4pm to take me to Dr Radha for consultation and pre-op instructions.I then went out into Vizag for a walk around in the evening and had a meal in a cafe type place.

The next day he picked me up again from the hotel about 8.30am to take me to the clinic for surgery which all went fine.

I took pounds and transferred them in a exchange bureau for rupees which worked out cheaper than the hotel.

I also took dollars in cash to pay Dr Radha as that was her prefered payment method. I understood i was taking a risk carrying this cash with me but was ok about it.

I havent posted any pics yet as there is nothing to show except for a pinkish red forehead.

She shaved my hairs on the recipient area pre-operation. I will post pics once hairs are growing after a few months

Thank you so much for your message - it has given me lots of information that i needed. I was worried about transferring to domestic flights,money and stuff but now youve cleared things up - thanks. Im flying turkish airlines, then jet airways, so im guessing just the same transfer in the bus like yours - is the bus transfer within the airport? did you book with cleartrip? i think ill carry cash and exchange, tell the driver to take me.

Hi

When you arrive from London to Mumbai , you go through immigration , passport control etc , baggage reclaim. Once you are then through queue for scanning your baggage ( which can be quite long) you tunn left for sign saying domestic transfers and you will enter another room and queue again to show your passport/ticket again ( took me another 15 mins) . You are then directed to go outside the building and get on a bus ( waited about another 15 mins for the bus to fill up) The journey then takes about 10 mins by bus to get to the domestic airport where you get off the bus and head for the check in desk.

So the important thing is be aware that all this could possibly take up to an hour between arriving at international airport and checking in at domestic so keep moving as quickley as possible.

No i didnt book through cleartrip. I booked through Omega travel for long haul flight and expedia for domestic.

Another thing is make sure you up to date with any vaccinations required for India such as tetanus, hepatitis etc. I almost forgot.

Also only drink bottled water, take some antibacterial wipes so you can keep your hands clean when you want to and i stuck to vegetable curries and didnt get a tummy rumble the whole week.

I just got my confirmation with Dr Radha. I will be getting my HT done on the 7th. @Paulo10 thanks for the heads up.

As for flights its much easier to go through Emirates airlines cause the flights are more direct. However, due to shortage of time I was unable to get Emirates airline. Personally, I would not even mind paying more if I had the option.

Paulo - thanks for that info. are the vaccinations a must? i had few done last year, still have certificate ,did they ask for certificate? any advice while in vizag? apart from being careful with food? - i.e, things to do for 5 days? areas to avoid? wireless internet?

good luck with recovery:cool:

KHALI - thats brill news, i was going to message you earlier but saw your reply here, i too got email of dr.radha today. so feb 7th? how long you staying? hotel? i might see you there,;) i arrive on 17th, ht 18th and return 23rd.

good luck

I thought the only requirement was a yellow fever certificate for people coming from Africa and Asia. The others are recommended and not required.

I'm leaving on the 13th of February so unfortunately I won't see you there. It would be cool to meet someone from this forum on the day of the surgery. Also, thanks for Paulo I planning on staying at budhil park.