• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi

i am getting closer now and getting excited.. few questions to all you helpful people out there.

1. how long before i can go out without covering head-no cap etc. and look ok? im planning to cut back and sides down to 1 after a week.

2. i work in a office- only have one week off, its formal wear, what hat can i possibly wear with shirt trousers? its been doing my head in looking for this!

3. do i need vaccinations for india?

4. any pics of decent hat for work?

thank you

hi

i am getting closer now and getting excited.. few questions to all you helpful people out there.

1. how long before i can go out without covering head-no cap etc. and look ok? im planning to cut back and sides down to 1 after a week.

2. i work in a office- only have one week off, its formal wear, what hat can i possibly wear with shirt trousers? its been doing my head in looking for this!

3. do i need vaccinations for india?

4. any pics of decent hat for work?

thank you

Ahmed,

I just recently had one done for 4440 grafts with Dr. Wong on the 17th Jan 2013. I was instructed to wear a loose hat for the first 5 days (which they supplied to me) and then after those 5 days that I could wear my hats that I had worn previous to surgery. As for as office hats and stuff, I'm really not for sure what you could wear. Today is my 1 week post op and it is red and still shows scabs. The staples wont be removed until next week, so that's another thing you would want to consider. As far as being to go out without a hat and look okay, it will for sure be many weeks, if not a few months.

Hi Ahmed / Khali

I am sorry I haven't posted for a while but am away on hols at the moment. I am now just over 6 weeks and most of the new hairs have now shed. They started after 4 wks. I now could almost pass for pre op appearance except for the fact that the scalp is still just as red however I cannot wear a hat all the time and no one has commented!

As dr Radha shaved my recipient area I have had it cut very short on top and just slightly longer at the scar area. It looks much better like this. The feeling of the scar improved considerably at 5 weeks once the stitches had dissolved.

Re vacs I don't believe they are essential but had them anyway and no cert required.

Re visag , I stayed in the centre and enjoyed walking around all areas making sure my head was covered in the day due to sun. Try not to wear yourself out though because advise is to relax as much as poss and take it easy for first 7 days or so.

I had no stomach probs at all only drinking bottled water and Indian food normally veggie based curries best. Also the cups of tea at the stand up tea stalls have delicious flavour.

The hotel had no wireless Internet though I used their plug in Internet on hotel computer in small room. Best advice is plug in laptop rather than iPad I took and could not use.

Have a good trip

Paul

I just got back to the US after my transplant with Dr. Radha 11 days ago. She and her staff are delightful. Surgery is long but you can fall asleep meanwhile, especially since you'll be drugged up and your eyes are blindfolded. I was told that I could wear a loose cap after 5 days. In the meantime she'll give you a white cloth to wear. She'll give you written instructions on how to care for your hair for 30 days post-op.

I toured India for 10 days prior to surgery so my flight was domestic (from Chennai). Chennai airport is considerably smaller than Delhi airport and therefore easy to navigate. I had arranged an airport pickup with the hotel but it was nowhere to be found (perhaps because my flight was 30 minutes late). I paid 500 INR for a taxi (negotiated down from 600).

I really liked Vizag and the Budhil Park Hotel is located in a prime shopping district (though a distance to the beach). If you want wifi, go to the 2nd floor and sit on the ottoman in front of the conference room. The hotel also has an excellent restaurant (Blue Diamond), albeit expensive by Indian standards (wifi is accessible here too). If you're willing to walk for 10 minutes and cross a busy intersection, another hotel restaurant, Masala, offers great food for half the price. Of course you could simply take an auto for a few rupees. Overall, I felt perfectly safe and comfortable in Vizag and the hotel. Then again, I was mistaken for Indian by almost everyone so maybe I blended in :)

Hi Paulo, Xstatic - I have read through both your profiles, you seem to be very warm and supportive towards me, thanks. However, i find it unusual that you dont have any mention of your transplants with DR RADHA RANI in any forums apart from mine. So why are you actually on the forum.?

I would like to see your pics and also mail me a contact number for both of you - i am two weeks pre-op and now really starting to get doubts - upset, confused! Other members - pleaaasssee help!!

Also, Xstatic, you talk about having a ht soon in a previous post - funny how you refer to your doc as 'he'! Very interesting...mmmm...

Whoa dude, calm down..just trying to help out. I just got home from surgery, sorry for not rushing to start a blog. Maybe I won't at all.

I referred to the surgeon as "he" to obscure "her" identity, as Dr. Radha is one of very few female surgeons, especially in India.

Perhaps you shouldn't have surgery until you get a grip on your nerves. You probably won't have a good experience in this state.

Hey xtatic- sorry if i came across rude! I was just asking the question, maybe i am getting nerves and reacting badly.. Things is, there are loads of dr radha patients who just never put pics up- its unusual compared to other docs. I would be very grateful if you did send pics and gave us ur experience- it might help settle anxiety!!

Hey xtatic- sorry if i came across rude! I was just asking the question, maybe i am getting nerves and reacting badly.. Things is, there are loads of dr radha patients who just never put pics up- its unusual compared to other docs. I would be very grateful if you did send pics and gave us ur experience- it might help settle anxiety!!

I understand your anxiety, Ahmed. I also had 2nd thoughts just before surgery but I kept reminding myself of how unhappy I've been with my high hairline. I'm so glad I went through with it. Dr. Radha gave me a great hairline and the scar looks promising. My biggest concerns now are protecting the grafts and refraining from scratching the stitches as they itch from time to time.

Dr. Radha has only been on the site for 13 months so I would expect less patient reviews. Right now I'm too busy and excited to post pictures, although I understand the importance of giving back to the community. For now, I can at least tell you that I am a happy patient of Dr. Radha.

paulo10- awaiting reply??

xtatic - any chance of pics, it will be very helpful. also, any other dr radha patients out there, if you are kind enough please post some updated pics - they will help me get through these last 13 days without anxiety. thanks

Dear Ahmed

If you read my last post more carefully you will see that I am away on hols do please do not demand replies and I do not take kindly to being given instructions to post pics when I have already explained in my post I will do so when ready.

Also please do not question why I have only joined this one forum as that is my choice.

All the best with your surgery with Dr Radha

Paul

Hi to all you experienced members,

I am one week from my HT and would like some help please. What do you think i should expect from my first HT? i am a newbie and would be very warmed if anyone could point me towards what to expect? (depending on a average donor density)

Thanks

Hey ppl i need big advice pleeeez.. I have options with what to do with my hair?

1. Fill crown and sort corners of my hairline out?

2. Start with front with good density and complete front half of heaD.

3. Add few hairs in front area, where there are few native hairs, and do full crown also.

Obviously all dependent on donor density - hoping for 4000+. I have been doing exercises for two months. Please guys give me some very useful advice please - it will be much appreciated. Thank you

Hey ahmed9500. I have also booked my HT with Dr. Radha Rani for the 21st of Feb 2013. Do PM me if you are interested in catching up and sharing your experience. I am also getting really anxious looking at some threads on this forum that raise a doubt about Dr. Radha Rani. Also where are you planning to stay during your visit?

Hey ahmed9500. I have also booked my HT with Dr. Radha Rani for the 21st of Feb 2013. Do PM me if you are interested in catching up and sharing your experience. I am also getting really anxious looking at some threads on this forum that raise a doubt about Dr. Radha Rani. Also where are you planning to stay during your visit?

I stayed at Budhil Park Hotel. I asked Dr Radha to reserve it, and the hotel staff took advantage of this. Instead of getting a room with a single bed which cost 2100 Rupees a night, the hotel chose a room which cost 2550 rupees a night for deluxe option. Also, the rooms have a fridge. It has a few drinks such as Thumbs up and some Chocolate. If you take anything from there including water they will charge you once you leave. I had to pay an extra 230 rupees. Of course coming from the West this was nothing, but the hotel tried its best to charge me as much as possible. The breakfast is complimentary. For lunch I ate at the hotel itself and one Biryani serving is good enough for 2 people. So the lunch was so heavy I didn't even feel like I needed to eat dinner.

So if you want to book at hotel try to do it by calling the hotel. Otherwise, they will try to rip you off by booking a room which cost 500 more rupees.

In the end if you are coming from the West, you will find it affordable in Vishakapatnam. The people will their best to make extra money but the dollar value will make you feel that everything is dirt cheap. A full course meal should not cost more than 300 rupees.

By the way the Hotel has an exchange bureau right across. You might get a better rate there.

I gave the Hotel $600 US dollar which came to little above 30000 rupees. They charged me 18000 rupees for the hotel and told me they will give the rest. I waited and they said we will sent the money to your room in 5 minutes. The time past and they did nothing. Then I just stood in front of the counter and said I am not going anywhere till I get my money. So they went to their restaurant and finally gave me the remaining amount. Beware of their dirty tactics. They lied so much when I request my amount immediately.

Also, I would also like to give you guys a heads up when you reach Mumbai. Everyone has to fill an immigration form. Make sure you take 2 form. One for entering and one for returning. I didn't fill out an address when I was exiting Mumbai. I didn't remember the address of the Hotel. So the immigration officer told me to go back and fill it out. Luckily I had a receipt of the hotel and I was able to fill it out.

Hey ppl i need big advice pleeeez.. I have options with what to do with my hair?

1. Fill crown and sort corners of my hairline out?

2. Start with front with good density and complete front half of heaD.

3. Add few hairs in front area, where there are few native hairs, and do full crown also.

Obviously all dependent on donor density - hoping for 4000+. I have been doing exercises for two months. Please guys give me some very useful advice please - it will be much appreciated. Thank you

4000 grafts is wishful thinking. Feel your donor. Let others asses it. My wife told me I didn't have much hair but I had quality hair. When I reached the clinic Dr Radha gave told me the exact same thing that my wife told me. In the end I got around 2660 grafts which I used at the frontal zone. I manage to implant only 30 grafts per centimeter. The quality of my hair is good which even shocked how dr Radha herself. She is like you don't have much hair but that little hair gives good coverage.

By the way the laxity of my scalp is above average. This is due to soft skin. However, I didn't have much hair so the donor was still restricted. If I go for another surgery I can get another 2000 grafts.

hey guys, i ended up not doing the HT. Firstly, i had hoped for a minimum of 3000 grafts - i had low density (2500) Secondly, Dr Radha did a thorough observation of my hair and asked questions about family etc, it was clear i am still going to lose lots of hair and will need a 2nd HT, Maybe even 3rd - something i didnt want really.

Although i didnt do the ht, I MUST SAY DR RADHA is a very caring, knowledgeable DOC, so if in the future i changed my mind i would go to her and nobody else - she knows what she's talking about! TITOM - I am in Novotel - relaxing till satday - if you wana meet let me know asap. KHALi - I wish you the best with your HT - it just wasnt for me in the end- i did expect too much!