FUE doctors if money is not an issue

Chris12

He has a conscience, and isn't a great salesman. He would make more money if he did mostly FUE. He would do a bigger session if you insisted enough.
lmao! thats one of the funniest posts I have read in a very long time and one of the most rediculous. so are we to assume that Dr. Umar, Bhatti, Basigna, (A-lpha), *, De Reys, Wolf, HDC, W***z, etc.... have no conscience because they perform large FUE sessions? sounds more like a lame excuse for a doctor who makes more money performing FUT.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a ridiculous post.. Probably the most ridiculous thing ive read.

'' He has a conscious and isnt a great salesman''

Of course he isnt a great salesman, he is a HT surgeon.. If he was a salesman he would be working for a second hand car lot. !

'' He would do a bigger sessions if you insisted enough''

Err... no he wouldnt, he would do what he believed to best for his patient..

By the way i am pro fue and agree its up to the patient, if they are well informed and they make their own decision then thats up to them, and as much as i respect Dr Feller and Spex i dont totally agree with everything they have to say regarding Fue... but you have to respect their opinion.

What's so ridiculous about it? You make a lot more dough doing FUE. Higher prices. Train your techs to do much of the extractions. I've known of some FUE docs doing 3 patients at a time. Let's say they get 3,000 grafts each x $7 or $8 a graft. Hot damn.

lmao! thats one of the funniest posts I have read in a very long time and one of the most rediculous. so are we to assume that Dr. Umar, Bhatti, Basigna, (A-lpha), *, De Reys, Wolf, HDC, W***z, etc.... have no conscience because they perform large FUE sessions? sounds more like a lame excuse for a doctor who makes more money performing FUT.

It's ironic that you spelled "ridiculous" incorrectly.

You've missed my question a few times, GNX1. Have you ever had a HT (FUE or Strip)? Have you ever seen one in real-life, in the flesh, especially by any of the docs above that you seem to like? Thanks.

He has a conscience, and isn't a great salesman. He would make more money if he did mostly FUE. He would do a bigger session if you insisted enough.

i dont think pushing people onto strip(a more invasive method) when they only need low 1000 grafts has to do with conscience. also, he doesnt have to be a good salesmen, he has spex who does a better job than any doctor could. the fact that they think fue is only suited for minor recession is ridiculous to me.

sure you have....:rolleyes:

he is not lying actually. i know of on doctor who does perform on 3 patients per. day. he usesanother doctor and techs.

Some good points. Feller was indeed an early adapter to the FUE technique, however I do believe he stopped pushing the envelope on it some time ago while other Doctors both in the US and abroad have embraced it.

Whether he is right or wrong to prefer FUT to FUE in most cases except minor hairline loss is a matter of opinion. I personally think it is not right to perform FUT on someone who would only need 1,000-1,500 grafts, maybe even 2,000 grafts. Again that's just my opinion. There are many doctors who constantly perform FUE sessions of 2,000 grafts. Do they have yield issues sometimes? Of course, but so does FUT! Does FUE cause scarring? Of course! But even the best FUT scarring is more visible than general FUE scarring.

There are Doctors around(who's names can't be mentioned here) that have innovated FUE tools and techniques more than Feller and do more daring work with FUE and yet don't get even 10% of the praise or respect. Doctors who actually taught renowned Doctors like Feriduni, Lorenzo and Bisanga who are in the top 5 FUE Doctors in the world.

This isn't an attack on Feller, it really just is my opinion. I just do not understand why he is hesitant to perform FUE for anything more than minor temple/hairline recession where other Doctors seems to be comfortable working on Norwood 3s any day of the week. Some even working on Norwood 4s and 5s.

Mickey,

You bring up some good points and present your information in a very civil, logical manner. Thank you for sharing.

Additionally, I do agree with your assessment (in a general sense) with regard to the 1,000 - 1,500 graft hairline cases: these are likely well suited for FUE. I'm personally a big fan of the procedure and greatly respect those who researched and helped refined it initially, and also those who continue ethically pushing the FUE envelope today.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Mickey,

You bring up some good points and present your information in a very civil, logical manner. Thank you for sharing.

Additionally, I do agree with your assessment (in a general sense) with regard to the 1,000 - 1,500 graft hairline cases: these are likely well suited for FUE. I'm personally a big fan of the procedure and greatly respect those who researched and helped refined it initially, and also those who continue ethically pushing the FUE envelope today.

thanks Blake :) im happy that this forum appreciates various viewpoints even if mine may be unorthodox or controversial.

Some good points. Feller was indeed an early adapter to the FUE technique, however I do believe he stopped pushing the envelope on it some time ago while other Doctors both in the US and abroad have embraced it.

Whether he is right or wrong to prefer FUT to FUE in most cases except minor hairline loss is a matter of opinion. I personally think it is not right to perform FUT on someone who would only need 1,000-1,500 grafts, maybe even 2,000 grafts. Again that's just my opinion. There are many doctors who constantly perform FUE sessions of 2,000 grafts. Do they have yield issues sometimes? Of course, but so does FUT! Does FUE cause scarring? Of course! But even the best FUT scarring is more visible than general FUE scarring.

There are Doctors around(who's names can't be mentioned here) that have innovated FUE tools and techniques more than Feller and do more daring work with FUE and yet don't get even 10% of the praise or respect. Doctors who actually taught renowned Doctors like Feriduni, Lorenzo and Bisanga who are in the top 5 FUE Doctors in the world.

This isn't an attack on Feller, it really just is my opinion. I just do not understand why he is hesitant to perform FUE for anything more than minor temple/hairline recession where other Doctors seems to be comfortable working on Norwood 3s any day of the week. Some even working on Norwood 4s and 5s.

I agree with you Mickey, although i m not an HT expert the last thing i want is to find myself with a scar in the back of my head. In my opinion it is just ridiculous and I seriously do not understand doc pushing for fut when it is not for mega sessions. i know the survival rate is lower etc but damn people are not thinking of what could happen if their fut went wrong. It is just a shame that the doc that u are mentioning (dr Col*) has this character.

I agree with you Mickey, although i m not an HT expert the last thing i want is to find myself with a scar in the back of my head. In my opinion it is just ridiculous and I seriously do not understand doc pushing for fut when it is not for mega sessions. i know the survival rate is lower etc but damn people are not thinking of what could happen if their fut went wrong. It is just a shame that the doc that u are mentioning (dr Col*) has this character.

you are right. if a megasession is needed or the patient is a higher norwood then i think fut can be warranted. sometimes that many grafts are needed that fue alone will not suffice or it has to be used in conjunction with fut. however i do believe that anything up to a norwood 3 can and should be treated via fue. just my personal belief, not a rule. Dr. Feriduni also is under the belief that anything up to a norwood 3 can be treated via FUE, a norwood 4 with good donor area is possible too. Dr. Lorenzo and other FUE exclusive doctors tend to be more comfortable going even higher but I haven't seen too many norwood 7 results going round.

the doctor you mentioned(dr c) actually only performs fue nowadays and has been a strong proponent of it and some of the best fue doctors use his manual instruments. however in my opinion he comes off as more of a business man than a doctor. he does have a very strong anti-fut stance. possibly more than any fue-exclusive doctor around.

Edited by Mickey85

It's ironic that you spelled "ridiculous" incorrectly.

You've missed my question a few times, GNX1. Have you ever had a HT (FUE or Strip)? Have you ever seen one in real-life, in the flesh, especially by any of the docs above that you seem to like? Thanks.

wat is this a spelln B? listen u little Troll go play in ur sandbox. I hav no time for Trolls....:rolleyes:

you are right. if a megasession is needed or the patient is a higher norwood then i think fut can be warranted. sometimes that many grafts are needed that fue alone will not suffice or it has to be used in conjunction with fut. however i do believe that anything up to a norwood 3 can and should be treated via fue. just my personal belief, not a rule. Dr. Feriduni also is under the belief that anything up to a norwood 3 can be treated via FUE, a norwood 4 with good donor area is possible too. Dr. Lorenzo and other FUE exclusive doctors tend to be more comfortable going even higher but I haven't seen too many norwood 7 results going round.

the doctor you mentioned(dr c) actually only performs fue nowadays and has been a strong proponent of it and some of the best fue doctors use his manual instruments. however in my opinion he comes off as more of a business man than a doctor. he does have a very strong anti-fut stance. possibly more than any fue-exclusive doctor around.

This is all true, but what some of us do not consider is the strong probability that we will advance to a Norwood 6. Sure the propecia looks like it's been holding it down for the past 5 years, maybe even 10...but eventually it all catches up. If you're losing your hair in your 20's & 30's most likely you are going to be a Norwood 6. It might not happen until your 50 or maybe even later but it's gonna happen. And most of the time it happens a lot sooner. And then sure you can buzz it and say screw it, but if you want more hair at that point FUT may be the only option if you maxed out with FUE.

I just think it's a mistake for younger guys to think propecia or whatever they use is maintaing their hair and they knock out a FUE megasession and all will be good. It won't. This is just the beginning.

I agree that getting a 1,000 graft strip for your hairline is a bad idea. I also think if you only need a 1,000 grafts it would be better you not get a HT. Just suck it up and wait until you have more loss. You would make better use of your donor, and ultimately be better off.

I'm gonna say it again and all you guys who never had FUE yet think you know so much (based on the bubble that is the internet) can go on and keep blasting me. You're not going to get great yield with FUE. Be happy with 80%. Some guys will get more than others. Considering how expensive it is, that really sucks. I've done it four times over 9 years nonetheless. I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm scared of knives. :) Don't base results on what you see on the internet. Go out and meet patients in person, and don't forget to pay attention to the top of the head too, apart from the donor...you know, the actual hair transplant.

wat is this a spelln B? listen u little Troll go play in ur sandbox. I hav no time for Trolls....:rolleyes:

And you ignore the question yet a third time. I'm going to assume you've never had any work done then which means you should write less and read more. Or if you're done reading then just go on ahead and go for it. Report back in a year, and let's see how you feel about it all. I really hope it works out for you, man. Maybe all that animosity I detect in all your posts comes from your hairloss. It sucks. I know. Hope you get a mega FUE session, and it all works out for you. You seem to already got it all figured out so just go for it.

And you ignore the question yet a third time. I'm going to assume you've never had any work done then which means you should write less and read more. Or if you're done reading then just go on ahead and go for it. Report back in a year, and let's see how you feel about it all. I really hope it works out for you, man. Maybe all that animosity I detect in all your posts comes from your hairloss. It sucks. I know. Hope you get a mega FUE session, and it all works out for you. You seem to already got it all figured out so just go for it.
lol yea I am a pretty miserable bastard at times and ur probably right being bald for so long does effect ur life in every negative possible way. how old u look, wat chics find u attractive, etc.... so yea ur probably right.

I seen this guy at the grocery store a few days ago and he was all of 400 lbs! but had a full head of hair. it angered me looking at him cause if I was him I cleary lose weight and have a full head of hair but yet im 6'0 220 with 9% body fat but bald! im jealous of a 400 lb man. something is fundamentally wrong with that:D yea it does suck!

yea im ready to go forward tho soon. been on this forum a long time but could never seem to find a doctor that has good results and reasonably priced.

I have narrowed it down to a few doctors and yes it will be a large FUE session. probably 6000+ since I have unlimited body donor hair.

This is all true, but what some of us do not consider is the strong probability that we will advance to a Norwood 6. Sure the propecia looks like it's been holding it down for the past 5 years, maybe even 10...but eventually it all catches up. If you're losing your hair in your 20's & 30's most likely you are going to be a Norwood 6. It might not happen until your 50 or maybe even later but it's gonna happen. And most of the time it happens a lot sooner. And then sure you can buzz it and say screw it, but if you want more hair at that point FUT may be the only option if you maxed out with FUE.

I just think it's a mistake for younger guys to think propecia or whatever they use is maintaing their hair and they knock out a FUE megasession and all will be good. It won't. This is just the beginning.

I agree that getting a 1,000 graft strip for your hairline is a bad idea. I also think if you only need a 1,000 grafts it would be better you not get a HT. Just suck it up and wait until you have more loss. You would make better use of your donor, and ultimately be better off.

I'm gonna say it again and all you guys who never had FUE yet think you know so much (based on the bubble that is the internet) can go on and keep blasting me. You're not going to get great yield with FUE. Be happy with 80%. Some guys will get more than others. Considering how expensive it is, that really sucks. I've done it four times over 9 years nonetheless. I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm scared of knives. :) Don't base results on what you see on the internet. Go out and meet patients in person, and don't forget to pay attention to the top of the head too, apart from the donor...you know, the actual hair transplant.

I think FUE is a superior technique in general. Sure FUT might give a better yield, but is has many, many disadvantages over FUE and far more invasive. On a higher Norwood, I can understand FUT or a combination of FUT with FUE but on anything less than a Norwood 3 or 4, I don't think FUT should be considered given the uncontrollable and unpredictable nature of the scar healing. I don't think I know alot about hair transplants at all, but I know the basics and pros and cons about both methods. I've openly said I'd take less yield over a linear scar any day of the week :)

to go back to he original question about best fue doctors, my concern with dr rahal is that he has not been doing fue long enough (2 years i think) and the fact that his technician does all the extractions (not rahal himself). albeit, i do hear very very good things about his head nurse who does the extractions . finally, i am still on the fence is motorized punch produces just as good yield than manual punch which feriduni, bisanga, de reyes and lorenzo use.

to go back to he original question about best fue doctors, my concern with dr rahal is that he has not been doing fue long enough (2 years i think) and the fact that his technician does all the extractions (not rahal himself). albeit, i do hear very very good things about his head nurse who does the extractions . finally, i am still on the fence is motorized punch produces just as good yield than manual punch which feriduni, bisanga, de reyes and lorenzo use.

lorenzo and feriduni both told me they tries motorized and the results suffered. you can ''feel'when the feedback when you use manual method. motorized is faster though. i think it is very telling when some of the worlds best fue doctors go for the slower method(manual) as it can mean there really is a drawback to using motorized even though it is faster. dr de reys also likes the tactile feedback of manual.

lorenzo and feriduni both told me they tries motorized and the results suffered.
suffered how? there are plenty of FUE doctors using motorized and their patient results look great.

im sure not every plastic surgeon out there uses the same equipment to perform surgery but that doesnt mean results suffer.

are we to assume that Dr. Umar's patients suffer because he uses a motorized punch? imo he is one of the, if not THE best FUE doctor on the planet and to my knowledge perform the largest FUE procedures to date on a regular basis and his patients results are some of the best I have ever seen so results suffering from motorized just isnt supported by the facts.

the proof is in the patient photos and results and the proof is motorized works just fine.

suffered how? there are plenty of FUE doctors using motorized and their patient results look great.

im sure not every plastic surgeon out there uses the same equipment to perform surgery but that doesnt mean results suffer.

are we to assume that Dr. Umar's patients suffer because he uses a motorized punch? imo he is one of the, if not THE best FUE doctor on the planet and to my knowledge perform the largest FUE procedures to date on a regular basis and his patients results are some of the best I have ever seen so results suffering from motorized just isnt supported by the facts.

the proof is in the patient photos and results and the proof is motorized works just fine.

Lorenzo said it has to do with the precision and feel of the manual punch. I didn't go into detail with either Doctor but in their eyes, manual is superior. Maybe they don't know how to use motorized as well as Umar? I can't say but it certainly is a possibility. Lorenzo, Feriduni and Bisanga all use the same manual punch made by Dr.C.

I can't say whether using a motorized punch hinders or enhances Umar's results. I won't make a statement about that because it would be pure speculation. I can only tell you what Doctor's that have tried both told me.

Lorenzo said it has to do with the precision and feel of the manual punch. I didn't go into detail with either Doctor but in their eyes, manual is superior. Maybe they don't know how to use motorized as well as Umar? I can't say but it certainly is a possibility. Lorenzo, Feriduni and Bisanga all use the same manual punch made by Dr.C.

I can't say whether using a motorized punch hinders or enhances Umar's results. I won't make a statement about that because it would be pure speculation. I can only tell you what Doctor's that have tried both told me.

im sure thats what they all learned FUE on since motorized wasnt available when they started (at least I dont think it was available) and therefore feel more comfortable with it.

maybe thats why many FUE doctors who use a manual punch only do smaller sessions usually cause they get fatigued.

the original motorized pounch's did tend to get hot and therefore cause damage to the follicle but as far as I know that has been addressed and no longer an issue.

both motorized and manual seem to work so it seems most likely its what the HT doctor feels more comfortable with I guess.

A lot of FUE docs still like manual punches. Like a few others were saying, I think it's simply because they feel more precise while using it. Most of these guys are fully capable of using motorized tools efficiently, but they simply feel more accurate when using the manual tools.

Personally, I feel like a modern motorized FUE punch is perfect fine in the hands of an experienced FUE practitioner. The only problem I see with motorized and semi-automated devices is when inexperienced physicians believe they can use them to fill a hair transplantation knowledge gap.

Altogether, I truly believe the outcome of a FUE procedure is determined by the skill of the practitioners, not the tool he/she uses.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.