Dr. Recommendations

jcpylon

Jeff try and not think just "local". Thinking "local" is natural, I did, almost everyone does at first, but as you investigate more you come to the realization that there are some very elite surgeons that get outstanding results that are worth traveling for.

Every summer people think nothing of flying thousands of miles to Disney World or to a beach for a vacation that lasts a week. Hair transplant patients need to be open to flying to get world class results that will last a lifetime. A roundtrip airline ticket and two nights in a hotel is a very small price to pay to get the kind of results the top notch surgeons routinely achieve.

I flew from Texas to Vancouver BC because I saw patient after patient get outstanding results from the doctor I ended up choosing. I met with a patient from Texas that had flown there to get his surgery and was amazed at his results.

Being in northern California I suggest one clinic you should take a look at is Hasson/Wong in Vancouver, BC. My experience there on August 14, 2012 for my large session surgery was excellent. I was very impressed with their entire operation, from the doctors, the highly skilled deep staff, the cutting edge office and clinic, and the aftercare.

ps: Also study these videos to learn and help choose a doctor:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/physician-interviews.asp

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Hi Jeff,

Here are our recommended physicians in California.

Additionally, if you're open you travel, you should take a look at all our recommended physicians.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Jeff. Welcome to the forums!! I would agree with what Shampoo and Blake said....in that you shouldn't limit your search for a great surgeon to Northern California. I just flew over 3,000 miles to get a procedure done, because the doctor is considered to be one of the best around. That can be said for many of the doctors recommended here actually. The great news is you have a ton of options, and it gives you an added excuse to take a trip to a city you've always wanted to visit! It has been my experience (if you wanted to stay only in the US) that the surgeons that consistently get the best results (to me anyway.....my opinion alone) are out East! And again.....you have 2 of the very best surgeons in Vancouver and Ottawa, Canada as well! Hasson and Wong definitely do amazing work, and if you were to want to limit the distance of your travels, they would be my first choice! Best of luck in your decision, and keep us posted along the way!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Jeff try and not think just "local". Thinking "local" is natural, I did, almost everyone does at first, but as you investigate more you come to the realization that there are some very elite surgeons that get outstanding results that are worth traveling for.

Every summer people think nothing of flying thousands of miles to Disney World or to a beach for a vacation that lasts a week. Hair transplant patients need to be open to flying to get world class results that will last a lifetime. A roundtrip airline ticket and two nights in a hotel is a very small price to pay to get the kind of results the top notch surgeons routinely achieve.

I flew from Texas to Vancouver BC because I saw patient after patient get outstanding results from the doctor I ended up choosing. I met with a patient from Texas that had flown there to get his surgery and was amazed at his results.

Being in northern California I suggest one clinic you should take a look at is Hasson/Wong in Vancouver, BC. My experience there on August 14, 2012 for my large session surgery was excellent. I was very impressed with their entire operation, from the doctors, the highly skilled deep staff, the cutting edge office and clinic, and the aftercare.

ps: Also study these videos to learn and help choose a doctor:

Interviews with our recommended hair transplant physicians

Agreed. I flew from London to New York for mine...location shouldn't be the deciding factor!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

If I was in your place, I would fly to vancouver (North West) to have my hair done with Dr. Hasson. However if you insist to do it in California, then I would recommend Dr. Meshkin. His post OP photos were amazing, Great coverage with less grafts used.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]