Need advice on FUE or FUT? in Seattle Area

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for a good Dr. around the Seattle Area. I heard Dr. Gabel in Oregon is awesome. Any suggestions??

I thought H&W were my guys, but I realized they only do strip which I want to save for later when my hairloss gets more serious. Plus the linear scarring is a turnoff.

I'm trying to fill a small bald spot on my hairline where I used to part it too much when younger and maybe add a little density to my hairline so the operation will be less than 1000 grafts. Maybe even like 300-500 if it's just filling my bald spot. Hope there are doctors out there that are willing to do small jobs like that...

I'm looking for a good Dr. around the Seattle Area. I heard Dr. Gabel in Oregon is awesome. Any suggestions??

For under 1,000 grafts FUE would be the only way to go. Not sure if Dr. Gabel does FUE though... Might have to travel a bit for quality FUE.

Dr Gabel is a very good surgeon, but I don't think he does FUE.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Just stay away from the big chains. Some of the locations state they offer FUE, but none of them are known for doing FUE.

My recommendation is to consider traveling outside of your area. ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Dr Gabel is a very good surgeon, but I don't think he does FUE.

So I contacted Dr. Gabel's office and responded that he does both FUE or FUT. I think I've read someone's advice on this forum or another about avoiding doctors that claim to do both but any thoughts about this?

IMHO it is an advantage to have a doctor/surgeon who performs both FUHT and FUE or rather who is proficient in both methods. Most docs who perform FUE first learned FUHT and already have an established foundation in HT surgery.

They already have a working knowledge in the various instumentation and how scarring is impacted by these instruments. Surgeons who only do FUE exclusively or only learned and practice FUE are then IMHO at a disadvantage especially when it comes to scar repair inclusive of scar revisions.

Some strip patients end up with wider scars and a revision may first be required ahead of placing FUE grafts into their scars. So the exclusive FUE doc may not be open to doing the needed revision or simply is not competent to do them. Some situations involve removal of scar tissue without revisions.

I have observed more than a few FUE cases where the past strip scar was wider than expected and the FUE surgeon simply added FUE grafts without revision and the outcome was less than desirable. And these were not cases where the patient lacked the needed laxity for the revision. Several informed me that their surgeon does not believe in strip and why the revision was not even considered. :rolleyes:

Although your case is not a repair situation, there is a definite advantage in choosing a doctor who understands the benefits of both strip and FUE. ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 4 months later...

I can vouch 110% for Dr. Gabel's work; I've had two procedures done that were both FUT so I can't necessarily give a yay or a nay on his FUE abilities (although I'm very strongly leaning towards an enthusiastic "yay"), bot of my results came out stellar - and therefore I can, at a minimum, vouch for his excellent artistry in terms of graft placement for making a very natural look, as well as his ethics, and also he and his team's professionalism and patient care.

I would very highly recommend Dr. Gabel. You won't find a negative word spoken about him or his practice on these forums, and I doubt anywhere else either.