Kirkland 5% foam v Rogaine 5% foam

TommyLucchese

Apologies if this has already been asked numerous times.

I'm looking to get away from the ridiculous Belgravia prices now. Through Spex's recommended website, I have two options:

Rogaine 5% foam - 140 pounds for 12 months supply

or

Kirkland Minoxidil 5% foam - 97 pounds for 12 months.

Obviously the Kirkland price is a lot more appealing but I'm also aware that you get what you pay for MOST of the time. I'd have no problem going for the Rogaine foam if it's better, but I thought I'd see what the general consensus is.

Anyone know which is better?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Is there no-one with any input at all? I thought it's a legitimate question.......a 40 pound difference in price is significant, I'd like to make an informed decision on this!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

I used Rogaine Foam for a couple of years and recently switched to Kirkland (on my 3rd bottle) and I am very happy thus far. It has no scent, dries quick;y and applies just as easily. As far as results go, I have not really been using it long enough but I didn't experience any shedding after making the switch.

One criticism is the dispenser. It is just not as easy to press as the Rogaine bottle.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thank you David, I will give the Kirkland a try then!

I use the Kirkland also. The only criticism is one of the bottles didnt foam at all. Not sure if the pressure was damaged in the delivery. The rest have been fine though and i have seen good results from it.

Hell of a lot cheaper.

I've used UK Regaine, US Kirkland and US Rogaine, all ordered from ebay or Amazon.

I found the UK stuff foams best. The US versions are more watery. The Kirkland and Rogaine seemed virtually identical.

The effectiveness has been the same with all, but if I had the choice I'd go with the UK stock.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I've used UK Regaine, US Kirkland and US Rogaine, all ordered from ebay or Amazon.

I found the UK stuff foams best. The US versions are more watery. The Kirkland and Rogaine seemed virtually identical.

The effectiveness has been the same with all, but if I had the choice I'd go with the UK stock.

does the watery kirkland foam version dry out as fast as well as rogaine foam?

i am thinking of trying kirkland foam for being much cheaper, but if it does not dry fast then maybe i wouldnt

does the watery kirkland foam version dry out as fast as well as rogaine foam?

i am thinking of trying kirkland foam for being much cheaper, but if it does not dry fast then maybe i wouldnt

Yes I think it takes a bit longer to dry. Not a problem for me as I apply about 20 minutes before bed.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I use the 5% Kirkland foam version made in Israel and it dries out in a few minutes. I apply about 1.5 caps full on the top of my head, including the temples. Run your hand in cold water for 20 seconds and pat dry before to prevent foam from liquefying faster. I still like to use the 5% liquid at night to ensure all hair follicles get a good "soak" treatment of Minoxidil.