Considering HT in New Delhi. Any reviews??

Bharat0Sharma

Hello friends!

I have been visiting this forum for some time now and have been impressed by the quality of posts and discussions happening here.

I am a hair loss sufferer for last 5 years. I took a stupid decision to wear a hair piece 3 years back and since then my life has become hell. I feel insecure all the time..whether I keep it on or whether I remove it. I now plan to remove this nest on my head forever, so, please help me.

I am based in New Delhi and am currently in stage 4/5 (as far as I can make out). I will post some pics, the next time I go for servicing my hair system.

Till then, any info or reviews on HT surgeons in Delhi would be much appreciated.

Hello friends!

I have been visiting this forum for some time now and have been impressed by the quality of posts and discussions happening here.

I am a hair loss sufferer for last 5 years. I took a stupid decision to wear a hair piece 3 years back and since then my life has become hell. I feel insecure all the time..whether I keep it on or whether I remove it. I now plan to remove this nest on my head forever, so, please help me.

I am based in New Delhi and am currently in stage 4/5 (as far as I can make out). I will post some pics, the next time I go for servicing my hair system.

Till then, any info or reviews on HT surgeons in Delhi would be much appreciated.

Hi Bharat, I am also in Delhi and if you ask me honestly, there aren't many good surgeons in Delhi. There are those big branded clinics but not good docs I am sure you are willing to travel for your HT within India. From my extensive research I would personally recommend the following:

Dr. Radha (Vizag) - FUT

Dr. Madhu (Chennai) - FUT/FUE

Dr. Bhatti (Chandigarh) - FUE

Dr. Ramachandran (Chennai) - FUT/FUE

Do also post a few pics of yours.

Cheers!

Hello Bharat!

I was stage 5/6 when I got my surgery done in Delhi. You can see my results.

I would recommend that you meet the doctors before making your decision. There are many good doctors in Delhi. You certainly do not have to travel for surgery. I have undergone surgery in Delhi and I know of many people having great results. I am not saying that there are no other doctors in India doing good job. All I want to tell you is that Delhi is certainly having its share of good HT docs.

Another small piece of advice. This may come across as rather rude but you just can not decide on your HT doc sitting on the net. You gotta move your butt.

Hi Bharat, I am also in Delhi and if you ask me honestly, there aren't many good surgeons in Delhi. There are those big branded clinics but not good docs I am sure you are willing to travel for your HT within India. From my extensive research I would personally recommend the following:

Dr. Radha (Vizag) - FUT

Dr. Madhu (Chennai) - FUT/FUE

Dr. Bhatti (Chandigarh) - FUE

Dr. Ramachandran (Chennai) - FUT/FUE

Do also post a few pics of yours.

Cheers!

Hi Shane!

I do not know how you conducted your research, but I have already narrowed it down to three good doctors in Delhi itself. I have not named them here because then it creates bias. If you wish to know you can pm me.

I posted this thread to learn from experience of any one who has already undergone surgery here in Delhi. I do not want to travel because IMHO staying in touch with your surgeon is critically important and phone & mail often do not give adequate information.

Thanks for your opinion and taking out time to write.:)

Hello Bharat!

I would recommend that you meet the doctors before making your decision. There are many good doctors in Delhi. You certainly do not have to travel for surgery. I have undergone surgery in Delhi and I know of many people having great results. I am not saying that there are no other doctors in India doing good job. All I want to tell you is that Delhi is certainly having its share of good HT docs.

Another small piece of advice. This may come across as rather rude but you just can not decide on your HT doc sitting on the net. You gotta move your butt.

Hello jushair!

Thanks for sharing the info. As a matter of fact Dr.Mishra is already in my short list. I plan to meet him next week.

And I was not sitting on my butt all this time:cool: I know how this virtual world differs from the real world..so I plan to personally meet all the docs I have short listed and then decide.:)

• 2 weeks later...

hello jushair75

your ht looks really good ,How much did your transplant cost??was it on per graft basis or the doctor charged a certain fixed amount.

i am also loooking for a good doctor and found your details really helpful.

thanks

Hello Bharat!

hello jushair75

your ht looks really good ,How much did your transplant cost??was it on per graft basis or the doctor charged a certain fixed amount.

i am also loooking for a good doctor and found your details really helpful.

thanks

Thanx Raj.

I have sent you a message with my HT cost details.

Hope you find it useful.

Looks like my thread is hijacked... anyways no offence taken.

So guys, wish me luck! My surgery is on 28th Oct...exactly a week from now..

Will certainly post some pics for the forum. TC.

Best of luck!

Which surgeon did you finally chose then?

Hello all.

Here is my detailed review of my HT experience from planning to execution. The results are still far far away... That is something only time will tell.

For background, I am 31 yr old, living in New Delhi, India. My hair fall started around seven years back and I started wearing a clip on hair piece 5 years back. The wig was very uncomfortable and was eroding my self confidence. So, I decided to go for HT.

My search started with internet, but later on I let my close friends know of my plans and asked for their help. This was a good decision because I now realise that internet can be really treacherous for newcomers like me.

I met Dr. Mishra through recommendation of a friend's colleague who had already undergone transplant. To be fair, I met two more Delhi doctors who have very good internet presence. I will refrain from naming them or about my experience with them on public forum. If you want to know, you can message me.

Why I chose Dr. Mishra is because I found him genuine. He is a plastic surgeon with one of the best hospitals in Delhi so I was fairly impressed even before I met him first time. He explained the procedure himself and showed results of his patients. He then examined my scalp and gave me an estimate of graft requirement. Nowhere during this process was third person involved, apart from a receptionist.

I picked my date, filled up forms, collected pre surgery advice and went back home. During those two weeks, as I waited for my HT, I had many anxious moments. There was even a point when I decided that I will continue with hair piece only. One advice I would like to give, to anyone who has cared to read this far; is that once you have chosen your doc and date, forget all about your HT. Thinking about it constantly, will only create doubts in your mind and keep you anxious. Anyway, for me that is past.

The day of surgery came & went like a whirlwind. I met Dr. Mishra in the morning, we decided upon hairline and a target of 2500 follicle grafts, as my donor density was lower. The procedure took approximately 7 hours including breaks. Parts of my experience is missing because so much was happening around me and I was fuzzy with medicines. I remember, watching two movies and having some very tasty lunch. The surgery was over by 5:30 PM. After handing over a prescription for medicines and do's & don'ts advice, I was sent home.

First night of surgery, I slept like a baby. In the morning I felt some pain but over all it was much less than what I anticipated. My dressing was removed on second day. Dr. Mishra advised saline spray but still there was a lot of scabbing :-( Now, I am 5 days after surgery. There are scabs that I hide with my cap. I never experienced swelling over face and I don't need painkillers now.

Overall, I would say my surgical experience was a rather non dramatic climax of my HT journey. I hope the results are dramatic :-) Keeping my fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The results are rather unbelievable. You had transplantation only on your frontal. How come your crown and all other parts have full hair now? Have you been on Finasteride and that helped?