Current Facts: Beard FUE (Carlos K. Wesley, M.D.)

Billena

@Gary1911A1: The most updated information regarding the Pilofocus technique can be viewed here. Rather than explaining it in detail during each and every in-person consultation, I thought I would simply post the 25-minute in depth presentation that describes the background and rationale behind the concept as well as the development of the surgical device and clinical results thus far.

The password required to view the video is "piloscopy".

pilo_vimeo.jpg

Thanks Dr. Wesley for posting your video. Very interesting. Just placing my palms of my hand on the rounded parts of my face with beard it looks like I'd have maybe 2 1/2 handfuls of beard hair. When I place my palms on the rounded area of my scalp it seems 2 1/2 handfuls would be enough to give almost any bald man plenty of hair. Maybe I'm wrong on the above, but I hope I'm right.

I was a little surprised to see in the video the statement that "Chest had a 136% higher survival rate than grafts derived by beard extraction", which made me rethink chest hair altogether, if true. I had always thought beard hair was number one amongst non scalp sources in the survivability department. It stated that observed beard hair survival rates as "63 to 80%", meaning chest hair survival rates were over 90%?

Is there any explanation for why chest hair survivability was observed to be higher than that of beard hair? This is exciting information and I'm really happy to hear this!

Dr carlos is beard hair need to be mix with head hair to put on scalp or just beard hair explicitly can be transplanted to thinning and balding area of head. I mean can beard hair be put in hairline. What if person is norwood 5 and he has ample of beard and body hair can he just use BHT for his scalp without using head hair at all. He wants to save head hair for future as person is in his 30's and going to norwood 6