Pretty stressed,flight in 24 hours

SRK735

I fly out to New York from Seattle in less the 24 hours,been living with hairloss for about 15 years,been throught multiple meetings with Hasson & wong,propecia,minoxidil,laser therapy(waste of money).

Not a candidate for a hair transplant,as I am a diffuse thinner,been to some of the best transplant doctors and turned down.

Been on proscar and propecia on and off for the last 15 years,spent stupid money on laser therapies etc.

Came across SMP about 6 months ago,been looking at it very seriously,never thought I would do it.

Recently,have been given an opportunity to have a session with Milena Lardi from Beauty Medical,thanks to Spex.

This procedure will take place at Dr Fellers office in Great Neck,NY on Friday the 7th.

Just really stressed about the fact I will be shaving off most of my hair,the hair that i have tried to keep from disappearing all these years.

I quit smoking back in Feb of this year,for the first time I have the urge to pick up the habit again,I know its the stress,even though this procedure is not permanent and will fade within 2 years,im still stressed that it will be a huge change from my current look,toppik has been my saviour for 10 plus years.

Wish me luck

Wait wait, Jotronic and Dr. Hasson has SMP performed on themselves? Is there a thread/pics about this? Pretty cool!

What!!!!

Joe and Dr. Hasson had smp???? Did i understand that correctly??????

Pics immediately!!!

Yes they did,i read about this on another hair loss forum,cannot wait for pics :)

I'd like a confirmation that Joe and Dr. Hasson had Milena perform SMP on them. I just spoke with Joe on the phone today regarding Beauty Medical and he didn't mention this. Furthermore, as far as i can recall, Dr. Hasson has no signs of hair loss behind the hairline, so I can't see how he would have undergone the procedure.

Perhaps Joe can shed some light on the subject.

Bill

hi bill, i read it on another forum, that joe and dr hasson had smp done,its reassuring that both spex and joetronic,two of the good guys in the industry are supporting this new treatment for hair loss,only time will tell how smp will work out in the long run,i know shapiro medical has a case where a guy had smp and fue done ,the temporay smp looks like a win win situation,if you dont like it ,it will fade away.

Guys,

I've emailed Joe to add his input on this topic. If he's undergone SMP, that's great, but I don't know why he hasn't shared his own personal experience and photos on this forum...unless maybe I've missed it somewhere?

I firmly believe SMP has its place in hair restoration, but I do not believe everyone is a candidate for it. Having spoken with Joe on the phone in detail yesterday, I know he feels the same way.

I also believe, like hair transplant surgery, there will be some practitioners much better at it than others. Each practitioner/clinic has their own technique, type of ink, tools, artistry, philosophy and procedure. I imagine determining which clinics perform it best will be as difficult as determining which surgeons perform state of the art hair transplantation with optimal results. Unlike hair transplant surgery however, results are immediate but the long term affects of SMP (like fading, bleeding, etc) are something to be concerned about. I trust that the type and quality of the ink along with the procedure itself has a lot to do with how well the result holds up over time.

From my understanding, many have been very impressed by Milena's and Beauty Medical's technique, including Joe and Spex. Knowing this does make me feel more confident in their work, although the scientist in me wants more empiracle data, which I expect will become more readily available over time.

That said, I'm sure others are doing quality SMP besides Beauty Medical. But I caution people to be aware of new outfits that claims they now provide SMP. While they may be doing quality SMP, like hair transplantation, it's a good idea to research and view dozens of results before deciding to undergo the procedure with a clinic.

Do understand, that while SMP may be an exciting option for some men and women, like hair transplantation, SMP isn't for everyone and results will vary.

SRK735,

I look forward to reading all about your experience and viewing your photos in the coming days. I'm sure the results will come out great based on the positive reviews I've heard about this cinic. Of course, given that it's temporary SMP, if you love it, you'll have to go back to undergo the procedure again. If you don't like it, at least it's temporary :-)

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

Thank you for getting in touch with Joe. I am sure he will inform us about the procedure.

On the other hand, since I am very interested in having a SMP , for the last couple of weeks I've been looking over and over to Italian forums that there are plenty of Milena's results. Honestly to say , I am trying to convince myself that her work is the best , I simply can't.

The results all seem very "yellow" and the dots are relatively smaller than the real follicles. Also I really don't get how they can achieve the 3-d look. I know both Joe and Spex are the good and honest guys in this industry and I can trust on their judgement. They all have seen many SMP results from different clinics and they both say that the Milena's work looks most realistic. Also, the good part is that it is non-permanent so this means it's not there forever.

So Bill, what do you personally think about Milena's works compared to others and what are the best SMP results you have seen? Just curious:)

SRK,

Sorry if I hijacked your thread , best of luck with your procedure and hope everything goes well! Don't forget to inform us!

srk, do you plan on having fue in the future after your smp treatment, or just smp. thnks for sharing your story,not many smp results on forums

no fue for me in the future,not a candidate,today is the day,a few more hours and hopefully should have some stellar results for you all

Azaelgs,

Admittedly, I haven't seen any SMP results from any clinic in person at this stage. But Milena's work looks quite good in photos, although in-person inspections would definitely be a more accurate way to assess a result.

My concern however, is what permanent SMP will look like in 1,2,3 and even 5 or more years down the road. Will touch ups be necessary and if so, how often? Will the ink fade or change colors like a typically body tattoo? Will it be virtually impossible to undergo another SMP procedure for a touch up without having to travel hundreds or even thousands of miles for a quality SMP clinic or will quality clinics offering SMP be easily accessible?

SMP sort of strikes me as today's tattoo version of Hair Club for Men. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing. But like a hair replacement system, tattooing will never be real hair, only provides an illusion of hair (stubble) and will most likely require ongoing maintenance to stay natural looking. Thus, like today's quality hair replacement systems, I believe SMP will be a viable option for a small niche of men and women looking for a particular type of solution to their hair loss issue.

It's a little too early to tell whether SMP will stand the test of time, but it'll be interesting to see how things evolve. I also suspect that the interest in SMP may be temporary and may phase out in the years to come, especially as true hair restoration related therapies (including hair transplantation, hair multiplication, etc.) continue to evolve.

This of course, is just my opinion.

Best wishes,

Bill