Clicking in donor area?!

I am 5 weeks and 2 days post up of FUT 2000 grafts. I started back jogging this week and all has been fine but on my run today I began noticing a clicking type noise coming from the back of my heard. It came half way through my run and was there around 75% of the time after I first heard it.

It seemed like it was coming from the donor area but I don't know for sure. It all feels fine back there. I have no idea what this was or if it was related to my transplant.

Is it a sign I should stop jogging for a while? Could it be to do with the scar? Has anyone experienced this?

I thought by now I would be fine to exercise and I'm hardly Mo Farrah so I wasn't going nuts, just steady jogging. Any thoughts?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

5 weeks should be ok for light cardio. Who was your doctor? Sutures or staples? Either method is fine reallt. Tricophytic closure? Check with your doctor about the clicking but i woulds not think you can stretch a scar by jogging lightly 5 weeks out. When the dono area is clossed properly, only lifting heavy weights and sit ups can stretch a scar. Weights that involve the neck muscles like shrugs or when weights strain the neck muscles like squats. Situps are to be avoided as well as chin ups, calf raises, standing leg press and most shoulder exercises. You should be fine.

Sorry about the typos, im typing on my phone at 4am in bed.

It's okay thank you very much for the response, I didn't know which specific exercises like that to avoid so thank you.

My surgery was with Dr. Feller so I have no concerns with regards to the surgery itself. I will try another light jog but if it continues I'll stop just incase. Spex has also said it shouldn't be related to the HT so I'm sure it's fine, I just got curious that's all. Not gonna push it if it persists though.

Gotta say though, it's weird. Never heard anything like it!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

No worries. Feller produces some immaculate donor closures and Spex is a hair transplant expert so yoy will be fine. I would avoid lifting weights altogether for 6 months at least just to bec

safe. Dont want to chance it.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the replies

I left the jogging for another month. Aside from not being quite as slim as I want, everything is fine - the clicking didn't return!

Not gonna do weights or anything for a while yet, the most I've seen people say to leave it is 6 months so there's no point taking risks just incase....I'm not exactly Arnie anyway so it's okay, no need to hurry back!

Well it's not anymore, but it was when I started exercising around 2 months post op.....maybe slightly under 2 months. It was so weird I can't really describe it much, but there was a clicking noise in the back of my head every second or two when I was running.

I left it for a month and a half or so and it's been fine now, maybe I tried running too soon. I did have a lot of pain getting the sutures out, maybe I'm just a slow healer.....though I haven't heard of this clicking before!

Tommy,

I have never heard of the clicking sound either post-op but as you said, "It's gone now" so you should be fine.

Best wishes to you on your new growth! ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY