Has anyone had a Hair Transplant Operation (FUE) at Longevita Clinic in Istanbul ?

Geestar

Hi All

Has anyone had a FUE Hair Transplant with Longevita in Turkey?

If so what was your experience like?

what was the surgeons name?

Did the procedure go well?

How many grafts did you have?

Whats your re-growth been like?

Due to the price they offer for FUE I am considering having a FUE transplant with them. They are much cheaper than the UK clinics and offer much more grafts for their prices.

If anyone has any recommendations for a FUE hair transplant clinic which offer a good service and well priced operations then please post a reply.

any replies very gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
removed outside link.

I have not heard of these in Turkey, but I did have a great FUE HT in Istanbul 3 months ago and am happy to recommend them based on my experience and results.

I'm documenting my whole experience on this forum, so take a look for full details.

Or just send me an email with any questions and I'll gladly help.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Geestar,

Are you set on Turkey? We recommend excellent FUE surgeons (some of the best, in my opinion), but none (currently) in Turkey. What are your thoughts on traveling for state-of-the-art FUE?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Geestar,

In many cases, trying to "cut costs" on a hair transplant procedure ends up costing you more in the end. I'd investigate some of our recommended hair transplant physicians who focus in FUE. How willing would you be to travel to certain areas in Europe or the US?

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Just because the price is cheap, doesn't mean it is sub-standard in any way. I am proof of that from the successful transplant i had in Turkey.

Turkey is cheap because the labour is cheap and private health care is subsidized by the government in the form of tax breaks. The Turks have been at the forefront of private medical care for years and have a wealth of experience.

Don't spend thousands more than you need to travelling to other, more expensive places. Just because something costs 2 or 3 times as much, doesn't make it any better.

That said, the recommended surgeons on here have good results too.

Regards

Rob

Edited by s2thoudriver

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Just because the price is cheap, doesn't mean it is sub-standard in any way. I am proof of that from the successful transplant i had in Turkey.

Turkey is cheap because the labour is cheap and private health care is subsidized by the government in the form of tax breaks. The Turks have been at the forefront of private medical care for years and have a wealth of experience.

Don't spend thousands more than you need to travelling to other, more expensive places. Just because something costs 2 or 3 times as much, doesn't make it any better.

That said, the recommended surgeons on here have good results too.

Regards

Rob

Rob,

While I hate to repeat myself or sound paranoid, I can't help but notice your continual, highly enthusiastic endorsement of your FUE clinic in Turkey. I know I've asked you about representing the clinic before (which you denied), but I really need to clarify your motives here. Stating that you are satisfied with your procedure and want to help others find a solid clinic is one thing; stating that traveling to a proven clinic is simply a waste of time or overpriced is something else.

What's more, while I agree with you that increased cost does not necessarily relate to increased quality, I've personally seen numerous cases on the forums where individuals tried to price shop hair transplantation and ended up disappointed and spending more on subsequent procedures and repairs. I'm not saying that is what would happen in this instance, but to simply disregard the warning or claim it's a ploy to drive up costs is inaccurate and dangerous.

At this point in time, you're more than welcome, and actually encouraged, to share your legitimate hair restoration experience, but promoting a clinic via email or private messages, downplaying other clinics, sharing a blog with links to the clinic in question in your profile, and claiming that traveling for a quality hair transplant is a "waste" stops now.

I apologize for taking such a serious tone, but I want to move past this issue and get back to helpful discussion. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Hi futureHT

I also hate to repeat myself but once again, I am in no way associated with the company that have performed my FUE. I am happy to send you a copy of my P60 clearly stating my employer, who is a multi national company, NOT in the cosmetic surgery business.

Please read again what I have put.. the recommended clinics do good FUE, this is known, but surely the whole point of an open forum is to be able to share positive experiences with others that can help them receive both great transplants and save money too??

The chap is in the UK, as I am, therefore it makes financial sense (as he said he's on a budget) to travel to a place that's within budget...Turkey.

Now, I appreciate you have s duty to support your paying surgeons, but just because they subscribe to this forum and others choose not to, that shouldn't mean that new patients should always be pushed towards 'the list' and cheaper practices discredited (as your post implies).

I apologise for my tone in this post, I am simply shocked at the attack based purely on trying to help a fellow member (the very nature of forums!).

In relation to emails etc etc, I have offered to answer questions for the op yes, as not to have an open conversation on here that could get jumped on by the moderators.

In relation to my personal blog, I removed the link almost immediately after joining the forum as I wasn't aware it wasn't allowed and have created a separate thread on here to document my progress for those interested in learning about the procedure and considering their options. Within that thread, I have not mentioned the company at all as I don't want to upset big brother (who is clearly reading my emails too).

Hope this clears things up and hope that this forum remains an open one where we can support and help those wanting a procedure and not be an'old boys network' where alternative, new alternatives are quickly discounted and hushed.

Kind regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Hi futureHT

I also hate to repeat myself but once again, I am in no way associated with the company that have performed my FUE. I am happy to send you a copy of my P60 clearly stating my employer, who is a multi national company, NOT in the cosmetic surgery business.

S2,

No need for that. However, the reason why we (the moderators) naturally act this way is because I can't count the number of times we've had individuals sign up for the forums, sing the praises of an unknown physician, try to recruit new patients, and after some research, reveal themselves (after some prying) as a clinic representative. I'm simply trying to make sure that isn't what's happening here (and you've clarified this).

Please read again what I have put.. the recommended clinics do good FUE, this is known, but surely the whole point of an open forum is to be able to share positive experiences with others that can help them receive both great transplants and save money too??

Absolutely no problem with quality and cost effectiveness; absolutely no problem discussing a non-recommended clinic; and definitely no problem sharing legitimate content in an open forum. My only concern is labeling travel to proven clinics as a "waste."

The chap is in the UK, as I am, therefore it makes financial sense (as he said he's on a budget) to travel to a place that's within budget...Turkey.

What about our recommended FUE practitioners in Europe? This seems like even less travel. Is the trip from the UK to Belgium easier than UK to Turkey? Because if ease/cost of travel is the biggest factor, I highly recommend seeing Dr. Feriduni. Not only is his FUE work state-of-the-art and proven (in numerous online cases), but it seems like it would also be an easy trip for Geestar. However, I defend my earlier statement: traveling for proven, trusted hair restoration is, in many cases, most cost and time effective in the end (compared to "price shopping").

Now, I appreciate you have s duty to support your paying surgeons, but just because they subscribe to this forum and others choose not to, that shouldn't mean that new patients should always be pushed towards 'the list' and cheaper practices discredited (as your post implies).

I think there may be a bit of a misconception occurring here; our forum does not operate based upon the "payment" of supporting physicians. The moderators review hair transplant surgeons (based upon rigorous criteria), select the most talented physicians, ask the doctors to share cases on our community, ask the community to offer their input, and THEN if all these landmarks are passed, they are recommended. These physicians are not able to simply subscribe to our forums, and I can attest (from first hand experience) that the number of requests we receive for recommendation and the number who actually make the final cut are hugely different.

Furthermore, patients are not "pushed" toward these clinics because they pay a recommendation fee; patients are directed to these surgeons because they have been reviewed and proved themselves safe, effective, and excellent.

Having said that, we are well aware that there are great physicians out there who are not recommended by our community. What's more, as long as patients have completed their research and feel comfortable with these physicians, we have no problem with individuals undergoing surgery with said doctors.

However, what does become an issue is pushing patients toward an unknown physician in the name of "cheap" surgery. As I stated earlier, this is dangerous and leads to problems, and additional time and money down the road.

We're not trying to "discredit" anyone. We're simply trying to offer an open, honest, discussion forum, and recommend proven surgeons. As I stated earlier, you are more than welcome to discuss your experience and explain how well it went with your surgeon, but making accusations or trying to disguise proven quality as a simply price hike isn't appropriate. I hope you understand.

I apologise for my tone in this post, I am simply shocked at the attack based purely on trying to help a fellow member (the very nature of forums!).

I'm not really certain how you can be shocked. I've discussed this matter with you before and explained (on several occasions) how some of these behaviors weren't appropriate. If you'd like to review our terms of service (which you agreed upon while creating an account), I'd be happy to help. Like I said before, discussing your legitimate experience is great; dissuading others from traveling to undergo proven hair transplantation (especially while recommending an unknown physician) is not.

In relation to emails etc etc, I have offered to answer questions for the op yes, as not to have an open conversation on here that could get jumped on by the moderators.

What type of open conversation could you not have on the forums? Is this something you think we would interpret as promotional? I'm confused as to why you would feel the need to have this in private?

In relation to my personal blog, I removed the link almost immediately after joining the forum as I wasn't aware it wasn't allowed and have created a separate thread on here to document my progress for those interested in learning about the procedure and considering their options. Within that thread, I have not mentioned the company at all as I don't want to upset big brother (who is clearly reading my emails too).

I just checked your profile again, and there is still a link to your personal blog. From here, I can find various links to the FUE physician's site. What's more, the personal blog looks extremely professional, contains images of the physician and practice, and also contains a link to the physician's site.

Again, I think I'm simply confused here.

What's more, I have absolutely no way to read your emails. I'm not certain where you got this, but I assure you, it isn't possible.

Hope this clears things up and hope that this forum remains an open one where we can support and help those wanting a procedure and not be an'old boys network' where alternative, new alternatives are quickly discounted and hushed.

If you spend some time and branch out a bit on the network, I think you'll find we run the most open, honest hair restoration discussion forum on the web (in my opinion). I assure you we are not an "old boys network," and new, cutting-edge alternative are not only discussed on a daily basis, but they are also invented, perfected, and practiced by the physicians we recommend.

I truthfully hope I haven't offended you throughout this reply or any other previous comments. My only goal is to make sure the discussion is open and honest, and help the original poster find an excellent surgeon. If you have any other concerns or issues, please feel free to send me a private message and I'll make sure everything is worked out.

Thanks!

Geestar, I haven't heard of the clinic but you should definitely try to evaluate a clinic yourself and analyze results or meet a person that has had a procedure in person. Don't jump to anything without asking yourself and the doctor hundreds of questions.

Fellas, I think price should not be made to be a factor because prices vary across the globe. There are a couple of recommended doctors here on this forum too that have really low pricing, Dr. Radha, Dr. Mohmand, and a couple others that are recommended. So, if price does matter, then doesn't that make them look like they aren't good enough as compared to other recommended docs, does it not? I don't think that's right because it would undermine some docs across the globe or lower their image of quality. A person should be willing to travel anywhere to get a procedure if the person who does the procedure does great work ethically and effectively. You can't expect a lower income individual suffering from hairloss to somehow get $20,000 for a transplant when in their life savings for a transplant is $5,000 based on their country situations or economies. You can't tell that person to wait or don't do it at all either because he or she is wasting time. There may be someone that can give them what they need, but they have to filter and see who can. Some people have to make moves quick and some have to do it for their well being as soon as possible, but should do so being well educated on the subject. I have seen plenty of good and not so good results from all pricing categories, low and high, even by recommended docs on this forum. I think it's up to the individual after they received varying opinions to determine what they should do.

Forums should really educate and tell patients on what to look for when getting STRIP or FUE or S M P etc. What details we need to analyze? What tools we should request? What size should be the standard punch for this type of hair? How do we determine density? How many grafts should be done per session or in how many hours or days and so forth? Would lateral technique be good enough? and all these other technical questions that can enable a sufferer to recognize what is right and wrong or best for their particular physiology. How to detect truthful doctors? Amongst other questions for a patient's safety.

There are plenty of recommended doctors but there are ones also doctors listed on the I S H R S too that are not listed here. Does that mean all those other doctors failed to meet requirements and are not good enough to be on the forum as well? Out of those, some may be, some may be not, right? I think sufferers must learn and know how to filter down to the doc that will cater to their goals safely and effectively.

This forum is a great place to see some pre-screened doctors and learn a bit about hair transplants but this industry is also evolving everyday. New doctors to this forum have and do get recommended after doing years of surgeries without being known here. There are doctors that are perfecting their craft. In the next 5 years will we have a bigger list of doctors? Probably so. Things change, get updated, and we need to be consistently fed the right information and be updated with info daily. Few doctors that were praised before are even removed from the forum recommendation profile later too. It's a never ending learning playing field. Just not too long ago, S M P was introduced by well known folks on the forums and we now know there are certain places that offer it and are recommended by others. Before there was no recommendation. We now have S M P results from recommended NHI posting as well as other places for S M P that are not recommended here by the patients themselves.

Best of luck to everyone who shares their results. I think more and more patients should share their results personally so we can analyze the work in detail and critique it. Some patients who do monthly or weekly updates or answer questions and take photos when they are requested are valuable. It helps us learn a lot. If we scare people into not showing their results here or give an image that it is not warranted or questionable, then that may make a lot of folks think twice before updating or giving us their personal updates. Most of us see clinic provided updates and I think patient provided updates are really valuable as well. The more the merrier and that is what is going to make this community expand even more.

Let's keep the posts coming. :)

So, Geestar, let us know of the information you have found or what you have analyzed so far. Keep on checking with multiple patients and researchers. Read the threads on the forum. Try to get some free consults to assess your situation. See what each doctor has to say. Look at the tools they use and everything. Look at who does the procedures and so forth. There are a lot of things you should look at. Wish you the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2thoudriver

Hi futureHT

S2,

FutureHT - No need for that. However, the reason why we (the moderators) naturally act this way is because I can't count the number of times we've had individuals sign up for the forums, sing the praises of an unknown physician, try to recruit new patients, and after some research, reveal themselves (after some prying) as a clinic representative. I'm simply trying to make sure that isn't what's happening here (and you've clarified this).

Rob - No problem, I understand the problems you guys face with back street shops coming on her out of nowhere and promoting their companies, so don’t worry about it. I just want to be clear of my intensions, which are… Many people spend years suffering anxiety, stress and often depression because of hair loss. I too suffered like this and spent years waiting for the right treatments to become available to do something about it, therefore if I can help people feel better and give hope, I will do. The next issue is overcoming the fear of going ahead with a procedure, again, it’s a massive thing for people and it took me years to actually go ahead with it. In hindsight, I would’ve done it a year or 2 earlier had I known everything (in graphic, granular detail) about the procedure, but I wasn’t quite comfortable enough to proceed. If I can help people overcome that fear and get the results they want, which ultimately results in less fear and unhappiness, then I shall do so. This is not a sales pitch for any company and I am in no way “recruiting new patients”, purely a helping hand to all the thousands of guys (and women) out there who are sat behind their pc screen worrying, rather than enjoying their life.

Quote:

FutureHT - Absolutely no problem with quality and cost effectiveness; absolutely no problem discussing a non-recommended clinic; and definitely no problem sharing legitimate content in an open forum. My only concern is labeling travel to proven clinics as a "waste."

Rob - I think you have misunderstood here. I have not once stated that the clinics are a “waste” of money, this is your interpretation, which is incorrect. What I stated was “Don't spend thousands more than you need to travelling to other, more expensive places.” Which I stand by. Let me give you an example:

If someone has a 10k limit to buy a BMW, they can either:

a) Buy the BMW from a local garage, where customers have had a great experience, received the car they want within their 10k budget, or;

b) Spend twice the amount of time travelling, at twice the cost, to buy the same model from a different garage, who is also recommended, for 20k

It would make no sense to spend twice the time travelling and twice the cost travelling and pay twice the price for the car, possibly having to get into 10k debt to do so.

The op has stated he is on a budget, therefore it would make no sense whatsoever to go to a more expensive place as he would get into financial difficulty. I have never stated that the recommended surgeons are here are overpriced, I have merely pointed out why surgical procedures are cheaper in Turkey, to quote “ Turkey is cheap because the labour is cheap and private health care is subsidized by the government in the form of tax breaks.”

I must add at this point a clear discrepancy I have noticed here. You quote “absolutely no problem discussing a non-recommended clinic”, though any reference to the clinic I had the work done at, or the company used is quickly frowned upon and instructed to be removed?

One observation I have made over the months is….. Why are some members, who ARE clearly being paid by the recommended surgeons on the list (it often states in their signatures they are associated with them), allowed to discuss, influence and get new patients signed up to the surgeons, but yet when someone (me) who is not associated with a surgeon, offers free advice to help others (and yes, if people ask where I had the work done I’d gladly tell them, as I would with a good restaurant, holiday etc) I am shot down??

Quote:

FutureHT - The chap is in the UK, as I am, therefore it makes financial sense (as he said he's on a budget) to travel to a place that's within budget...Turkey.

What about our recommended FUE practitioners in Europe? This seems like even less travel. Is the trip from the UK to Belgium easier than UK to Turkey? Because if ease/cost of travel is the biggest factor, I highly recommend seeing Dr. Feriduni. Not only is his FUE work state-of-the-art and proven (in numerous online cases), but it seems like it would also be an easy trip for Geestar. However, I defend my earlier statement: traveling for proven, trusted hair restoration is, in many cases, most cost and time effective in the end (compared to "price shopping").

Rob – That’s a good point. If the op wishes to go to a FUE surgeon in Europe then that’s great. To me, it makes no difference who he chooses, how much he pays, where he has strip or FUE etc etc. All I can do is answer the questions he sends me, to the best of my knowledge and hope he makes the decision that’s best for him. Agreed, Europe would be an easy trip for him, I only offered advice on Turkey as he’s already been looking there (as stated in his first post).

That said, you are appearing to do exactly what you earlier accused me of doing… discrediting other surgeons, by stating that the trusted hair surgeons are better than “price shopping”. I must add at this point, that price was not an issue in my decision, there were cheaper surgeries in Turkey and more expensive ones, I went for the middle ground, where I was comfortable with the surgeon, the services offered and the support I got. Unfortunately, as previously stated, the majority of surgical procedures in Turkey are cheaper than a lot of places, for the reasons previously stated. I’m sure they would love to be able to charge double and I have no doubt that if the surgeons were to relocate to another geographical location, they would do so due to higher costs, less tax benefits and higher staff costs.

Quote:

FutureHT - I think there may be a bit of a misconception occurring here; our forum does not operate based upon the "payment" of supporting physicians. The moderators review hair transplant surgeons (based upon rigorous criteria), select the most talented physicians, ask the doctors to share cases on our community, ask the community to offer their input, and THEN if all these landmarks are passed, they are recommended. These physicians are not able to simply subscribe to our forums, and I can attest (from first hand experience) that the number of requests we receive for recommendation and the number who actually make the final cut are hugely different.

Rob – So just to confirm, a surgeon can also be on the recommended list if they do not pay? For my personal interest, what medical board assess the surgeons? What certification do they need to pass to become recommended? Are the moderators qualified physicians? This doesn’t seem to be captured anywhere on here (unless I’ve missed it, which is quite likely!)

FutureHT - Furthermore, patients are not "pushed" toward these clinics because they pay a recommendation fee; patients are directed to these surgeons because they have been reviewed and proved themselves safe, effective, and excellent.

Rob – See my earlier post where forum members clearly associated with the recommended list are actively, and openly pushing patients to the recommended surgeons.

FutureHT - Having said that, we are well aware that there are great physicians out there who are not recommended by our community. What's more, as long as patients have completed their research and feel comfortable with these physicians, we have no problem with individuals undergoing surgery with said doctors.

Rob – That’s great to hear and my case is a very good example of a non-recommended surgeon performing excellent work (well I think so anyway and have had nothing but positive comments, so I presume it’s good??). I decided not to go with one on the recommended list, put myself out there to try something new in hope I can add to this great forum and help people get great results, especially those on a smaller budget.

FutureHT - However, what does become an issue is pushing patients toward an unknown physician in the name of "cheap" surgery. As I stated earlier, this is dangerous and leads to problems, and additional time and money down the road.

Rob – Again, you are openly discrediting non ‘list’ surgeons as offering “cheap surgery” as this is “dangerous and leads to problems”. The fact of the matter is, in this case, it is cheaper for a reason (again, see above), is not “dangerous” (very strong word to use to steer people away) and has not “lead to problems”. My thread on here should be clear evidence of that, so why still influence people away?

I’m sure if you were to ring any surgeon in Turkey, other location and say “we’d like to check you are doing good work, no charge”, they would openly welcome you to go and see their work. Why not do that and get them on the list too?? That way we can have a wider network of recommended surgeons for potential patients to choose from.

FutureHT - We're not trying to "discredit" anyone. We're simply trying to offer an open, honest, discussion forum, and recommend proven surgeons. As I stated earlier, you are more than welcome to discuss your experience and explain how well it went with your surgeon, but making accusations or trying to disguise proven quality as a simply price hike isn't appropriate. I hope you understand.

Rob – See above, we’ll have to beg to differ on that one, but I’m sure you didn’t mean anything too bad by it. I also don’t take kindly to your statement “making accusations or trying to disguise proven quality as a simply price hike isn't appropriate. I hope you understand”. I have under no terms accused anybody of anything, I have never once said that surgeons are price hiking, simply offered a solution that fulfils the ops requirement and an explanation as to why surgeries in that region are cheaper.

Quote:

FutureHT - I'm not really certain how you can be shocked. I've discussed this matter with you before and explained (on several occasions) how some of these behaviors weren't appropriate. If you'd like to review our terms of service (which you agreed upon while creating an account), I'd be happy to help. Like I said before, discussing your legitimate experience is great; dissuading others from traveling to undergo proven hair transplantation (especially while recommending an unknown physician) is not.

Rob – I am shocked as all I have done since joining this forum is offer free advice, help, support to hair loss sufferers. It is becoming very clear that this is only acceptable if the end result is that future patients are steered towards the preferred list. The very nature of a forum, is to be able to offer alternatives to help people achieve their goals. I am struggling to see where “some of these behaviors weren't appropriate”, you have stated in this thread that you are happy for people to discuss surgeons who are new on here (not new to surgery!) and the experiences of patients. So why is it that every reference to the private hospital and company I went through has to be removed?? And why, when a member asks questions specifically related to experiences in Turkey, am I getting shot down for providing answers based on my experience… in Turkey? It just doesn’t add up.

Just because the surgeon isn’t in the preferred list doesn’t mean their work isn’t “proven”. I am clear proof that the work is proven! Therefore the next step from the forum should be to support that and look at widening their network, not shooting it down.

Quote:

FutureHT - What type of open conversation could you not have on the forums? Is this something you think we would interpret as promotional? I'm confused as to why you would feel the need to have this in private?

Rob – The very conversation that you are trying to cover and tell me are non ‘appropriate behaviours’, i.e the cost, the travel, the company who I chose to organise everything, the hospital etc etc. Basically, every detail that a future HT patient would want to ask about my experience, but the moderators don’t allow to post. It’s not promotional, it’s called ‘recommending good work’, as I would a car garage, a resort. If someone clearly asks for a recommendation (see the ops first post), then I will gladly provide details to help them receive a great HT.

I feel I need to have the conversation private because I’m sure the op doesn’t want all of his personal details and feelings open to the world wide web and I don’t want to be spending my time justifying why I am providing helpful information and getting hushed/shot down. It’s really that simple.

Quote:

FutureHT - I just checked your profile again, and there is still a link to your personal blog. From here, I can find various links to the FUE physician's site. What's more, the personal blog looks extremely professional, contains images of the physician and practice, and also contains a link to the physician's site.

Rob – I thought you/ i had removed that months ago? Yes, in my blog there are links in there…because they are the people who did my HT (see previous comments about documenting the whole process and recommendations). My blog site looks professional as I work with IT professionals, one of whom sits behind me in work and kindly helped me set it up. It is a standard template (Wordpress I think?) available on the web and is nothing special, I just take pride in anything I write. Correct, it contains images of the Surgeons and practice because I deliberately asked for copies of them so I could create the blog, come on here and hopefully provide more detail on the entire process…detail I felt I was missing when I was looking to have the work done.

I will go in and remove the link in my profile for you no problem if that’s required? Though you stated in this thread that you are happy to openly discuss alternative surgeons and locations? Can you clarify which it is to be? Do you want it removed, or do you want it public in the open forum? It’s all very contradictory and I’m now unsure what is best.

FutureHT - Again, I think I'm simply confused here.

Rob- I’m very sorry you are still confused. If I can help clarify anything else in any way, please just ask.

FutureHT - What's more, I have absolutely no way to read your emails. I'm not certain where you got this, but I assure you, it isn't possible.

Rob – To quote from your reply “encouraged, to share your legitimate hair restoration experience, but promoting a clinic via email or private messages,” how would you think I am promoting a clinic in my private messages if you haven’t read them? (being moderator, you have admin rights to the site, so can read all messages.). If you haven’t, then that’s fine and thanks for clarifying that, having said that, feel free to read my messages, I have nothing to hide and merely answered questions given to me.

Quote:

FutureHT - If you spend some time and branch out a bit on the network, I think you'll find we run the most open, honest hair restoration discussion forum on the web (in my opinion). I assure you we are not an "old boys network," and new, cutting-edge alternative are not only discussed on a daily basis, but they are also invented, perfected, and practiced by the physicians we recommend.

Rob – See previous replies to this, I am still not convinced based on the resistance I am facing from offering new information and help to others that falls outside the ‘list’. A truly open forum would embrace such assistance from it’s members and look to build upon that to help the community. This is not the case.

FutureHT - I truthfully hope I haven't offended you throughout this reply or any other previous comments. My only goal is to make sure the discussion is open and honest, and help the original poster find an excellent surgeon. If you have any other concerns or issues, please feel free to send me a private message and I'll make sure everything is worked out.

Rob – Not at all, it takes a lot to offend me :). I entirely understand where you are coming from as must face unscrupulous characters on a regular basis. I hope my explanation, justification and observations have helped clear up any confusion and also help the forum irradiate any misconceptions out there about this being a closed group, who quickly dismiss alternative solutions and focus entirely on what is already known. I too hope the op finds what he’s looking for, whether it be Turkey, Belgium, the US or India. That, is the end goal for all of us and I sincerely hope that we can all work together to ensure he, and other hair loss sufferers, receive the best treatment possible.

I am lucky to be one of those people, the HT has changed my life and every day gets better with more growth. If I can make just 1 person have that same feeling, then I am a happy man, whether it’s classed as promoting or not. There are a few people left in this world that want to help others, we are a rare breed, which understandable causes suspicion.

FutureHT - Thanks!

Rob – You are welcome. Always a pleasure talking with you guys.

2800 FUE, Istanbul

S2,

Thank you for the detailed reply. It looks like you're here to help a fellow patient out, and I definitely appreciate that. While we may disagree on a few issues, I think we both have a similar goal, and as long as our terms of service our upheld, I think your input and experience will be a real asset to the community. I hope you'll continue to foster good discussion on our forums, and I truly look forward to watching your results progress.

What's more, if you do believe your operating clinic is truly excellent, you are more than welcome to put them in contact with Bill (our Managing Publisher) and discuss the recommendation/evaluation process!

Thanks Blake, nice to know my efforts to help others are welcomed.

I'll continue to document my progress in as much detail as possible for everyone to see and fingers crossed the excellent results continue to flourish!

There are still many contradictions in what/who can/can't do what on here and there are still questions i have put to you which remain unanswered (and would no doubt be on the minds of other members too),but i'm not here to discuss them.

I'll send an email to Dr.Eser and the company for you to see if she would like to become a coalition member. However, i remember when i was researching them (quizzing them) about if they were a member, or why they are not and they stated that they are members of regulated medical bodies, but do not pay independent internet forums to post their results.

They informed me that they have enough patients wanting HTs and have a wealth of former patients (like me) who are happy with the results so don't need to utilize the additional channel.

No harm in asking though, as it would be good to get Turkey formally on the recommended list.

Rob

Edited by s2thoudriver

2800 FUE, Istanbul

• 1 year later...

Hello I have received a quote from Longevita and I too, am curious to know more. Have you decided to procede?

Thanks

Hi All

Has anyone had a FUE Hair Transplant with Longevita in Turkey?

If so what was your experience like?

what was the surgeons name?

Did the procedure go well?

How many grafts did you have?

Whats your re-growth been like?

Due to the price they offer for FUE I am considering having a FUE transplant with them. They are much cheaper than the UK clinics and offer much more grafts for their prices.

If anyone has any recommendations for a FUE hair transplant clinic which offer a good service and well priced operations then please post a reply.

any replies very gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Thanks for your reply. Can you please give any more details? How long ago did you go?

I was in Antalya mid September 2013,my operation was performed by hakan doganay I had 3946 grafts by choi pen implanter 2 sessions

Yes i have had a FUE procedure done via Longevita - Im currently at 6 months of growing having had the

surgery earlier this year.

Im very happy with the growth so far. Far superior than the 2 FUT procedures i had in the UK.

They do have a choice of surgeon and i recommend you researching all of them.

Just in case your wondering they do not do BHT. Im having to look elsewhere for that.

I travelled from London UK. Your more than welcome to PM me.