How long did most of you stay on pain killers?

ronzues

I find that I still can not sleep at night because I cannot lay on the sutures at all unless I continue to take the pain killers. I am up all night and I still sleep straight up in a chair.

I weened myself off the pain killers several days ago just because I didn't want to take then unnecessarily.

This is day 10 post op.

Ah yes they do come out tomorrow at 9. I didn't realize if it was the sutures causing the pain or the actual incision itself.

Sounds like from what you are saying and from what another thread I just found is saying is that everything changes once the sutures are removed.

Ah yes they do come out tomorrow at 9. I didn't realize if it was the sutures causing the pain or the actual incision itself.

Sounds like from what you are saying and from what another thread I just found is saying is that everything changes once the sutures are removed.

Yes, you will feel much better as soon as staples come out. Good luck!

I stayed on them at night for 2 weeks to help with discomfort and sleep.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

If you or anyone else needs to use a painkiller for more than 2-3 days and it contains Codeine, I highly advise taking "stool softeners". Without going into the details, trust me, codeine can cause severe constipation and it is not pretty.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

OK guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I did in fact get the sutures removed today and WOW what a difference. I am quite certain that I will sleep well tonight. I mean the moment that they came out the back of my head felt pretty much back to normal.

A plus is that the crusties are almost all gone after tonights hair wash as well.

Hang in there. The discomfort will start to subside soon. You are experiencing pain a little longer than most but nothing to worry about. Even with sutures out it may take a few days, but you should get some immediate sense of relief.

GBU,

The pain from surgery was just about a non issue. I was pretty much numb until a couple days after the surgery so I didn't feel the incision or the top of my head. Heck! I still barely feel the top of my head today.

The only real pain that I felt was several days later after the numbness wore off during times when I was working and had to wear a hat and even then it was controlled by Tylenol.

I went back to work on the 5th day and had to wear a hat.

Thankfully I had absolutely no swelling whatsoever. I think the reason for this is I iced like crazy for several days and I slept straight up with a neck pillow supported by 2 other pilows for 8 days. Swelling is the one thing that would have kept me from work longer so I was determined to avoid it.

After that as I said before I only had pain during sleep while leaning back on the sutures. The very morning they were removed everything changed.

My sutures hurt like hell, but Dr. Keene didn't provide me any pain pills. just extra strength Tylenol.

Sorry to hear that. Mine provided me Tylenol as well as Lortab and the Lortab did wonders for allowing me to sleep on the sutures without pain.

My sutures hurt like hell, but Dr. Keene didn't provide me any pain pills. just extra strength Tylenol.

Just wanted to clarify, Dr. Keene provides Hyrdocodone with tylenol - the generic of Lortab. I am sorry to hear, hairtoday that you didn't realize we provide pain medication and that we do ask our patients to call us if they have pain because Dr. Keene can address that. Some people are more resistant to pain meds than others, sometimes because they had to take them for something else and developed a resistance, or sometimes because of genetics. Most find that that the Hydrocodone and tylenol works, but if not she can address it further when needed.

I am a medical assistant and hair transplant surgical assistant employed by Dr. Keene

Dr. Keene is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians