What is the maximum density currently possible with an HT?

MJK

It depends on your current hairloss, age when hair loss started, hair loss rate, where you are likely to end up on the Norwood scale, do you take medication mainly finasteride, current miniturisation on the scalp,family and close relatives hairloss patterns and other factors like your hair characteristics(diameter shaft thickness,density,wave/curl), donor supply and other factors all need to be taken into consderation.

If for example you had solid hair and have minimal loss at the age of 30, then a surgeon is more likely willing to transplant at a higher density but sometimes this can compromise survivial of the grafts.

Therefore some surgeons will do this in two surgeries but some of the surgeons have consistently high results of transplanting at a higher density.

A surgeon will not transplant a high density on someone with extensive hair loss and also if they potentially may lose a lot more hair.

The best thing to do is get assessed by a surgeon if you a candidate to do that and meet some of his/her former patients who have had high density work performed by them.

Pictures,videos and good documentation are excellent but you cannot beat meeting a patient in person.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I think anything above 70 FU/cm2 is very risky. The safest range is up to 60 FU/cm2., I wouldn't go far beyond this number.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I think anything above 70 FU/cm2 is very risky. The safest range is up to 60 FU/cm2., I wouldn't go far beyond this number.

Lorenzo can go 80 FU/cm2 but it sure as hell does look like a very tight fit!!!

Lorenzo can go 80 FU/cm2 but it sure as hell does look like a very tight fit!!!

Guys,

Someone even mentioned on another forum 90cm2-100cm2. Is that even possible?

I was thinking it still depends on hair shaft diameter. Thicker hairs, it probably isn't possible. But with super fine hair grafts they may be able to get away with it.

Guys,

Someone even mentioned on another forum 90cm2-100cm2. Is that even possible?

I was thinking it still depends on hair shaft diameter. Thicker hairs, it probably isn't possible. But with super fine hair grafts they may be able to get away with it.

Hardest part would be finding a Doctor who would be willing to do it! I don't think natural hairlines have a density of 100 FU/cm2 but I could be wrong. If the Doctor were skilled enough however, there would be enough 'room' to implant 100 into a square centimeter given that most FUE extractions are done with a .8mm gauge punch so the grafts would be to be less than a millimeter(100 grafts per CM = 1 graft per millimeter). It is physically possible....

Lorenzo's real time 80 FU/cm2 looked very tightly packed, nevermind 100!

I dont want to speak for Cap but I am almost certain its low 60s in the hairline and high 50s just behind that knowing Dr. Rahal's style, number of grafts in this case, etc.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Low 60's is still alot! Not many cases can warrant more than that unless the patient is over 50 with minimal loss, on meds and has great donor quantity.

Mickey - Dr. Rahal put 59 in my hairline and 55 behind that and I was a NW 5.

I have about 5000 left in my donor I am told by Dr. Rahal so your right that it depends on the case.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Mickey - Dr. Rahal put 59 in my hairline and 55 behind that and I was a NW 5.

I have about 5000 left in my donor I am told by Dr. Rahal so your right that it depends on the case.

Wow, 5,000 left in the tank? That's impressive. you could probably stretch out 2,000 on top of that via FUE!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.