Your opinions 2nd HT

I had my first Ht back in 2009 1400 grafts. It wont let me attach files for some reason, but I have pictures on my profile.

I basically had nothing but baby hairs before my first HT on the frontal area, right below my bridge. After the surgery, I was happy with the coverage given the limited number of grafts. Now, 3 years later I am getting another procedure done on august 15th wednesday. I am getting a little over a 1000 for the same area I got the first time. In your alls opinion what type of density judging from my previous HT do you think is fair to expect. I am not expecting anything, but am hoping for 85-90% density back. With those being my expectations would it be possible to to take some of this grafts and put them in the crown to thicken it up? or should I use the 1000 on the frontal and then consider a 3 rd just for my vertex and add a little more to the front?

thanks for the input.

Your pics make it hard to tell but it looks like you are a diffuse thinner. I personally would use the grafts for the frontal 3rd with such a small procedure. 1000 grafts will not make a huge impact over a very large area at all.

Your hair looks good though. Was that FUE or strip?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Diffuse thinning means that the complete area that is prone to male pattern baldness is miniaturizing.

If you had a previous transplant, it sure did blend well.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

so in a way diffuse thinning is a good thing? thx for the compliment. I am going to talk to my dr. tomorrow and see if there is a way to go up 500 more grafts. for the coverage I am desiring it seems like it is going to be inevitable that I will get another procedure.

You should talk to your doctor. IMO, I would not plant behind that circle. I am working will some

App on my phone so it is not the greatest.

H3FbP.jpg

Izowb.jpg

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

its been hard to meet with him bc i am in the military and have been away from his office I have contacted him on several occasions. My main concern was getting the thickness of my hairline and that area you had circled. is that something more feasible with 1000?

Almost,

Your hair looks good. Are you currently utilizing any preventive treatments? Like a few others are stating, I think working on your hairline/frontal region would likely be best. However, make sure you're consulting with ethical physicians and not attempting to densely "over pack" the front without consideration to any potential future procedures.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I agree that it looks good and that you should be on finasteride. If you can post on here youn should be able to correspond with your doc. With a tight cut it doesn't look bad at all, but I can see your concerns. I would be interested in seeing a donor pic too with how short your hair is.

View Spanker's Website

im actually stationed at dyess afb in abilene tx. im originally from kentucky and was a member before i joined. currently my treatment regimen is avodart(generic) monday wednesday and friday. the physician i used the first time and this time is Dr. daniel didocha. hopefully you have heard of him. i looked him up and heard good things from him and practice. when I go for my surgery I will ask for the original pre op and post op as well as the new pre op and post op pics for you all. as of right now im pretty sure that i will be getting a 3 rd surgery to cover my crown. I will use this surgery to cover my hairline and frontal location. I will give avodart a year and a half and see what the results are after that i will consult the physician and way out my option for another surgery.