Spex & Jotronic in LA

Jotronic

As some of you may have read Spex has been busy helping to get the word out about modern hair restoration via some of the UK media outlets and he was recently introduced to a production company through Morgan Spurlock of "Super Size Me" fame. This production company works closely with the major UK television networks and is responsible for "Britain's Next Top Model" as well as other popular UK shows. Through their meetings with Spex they have become very interested in creating a serious documentary about hair restoration and pitched their idea to the BBC which is apparently quite keen on the project.

Spex contacted me a a few weeks ago to include me on what is going on. They have asked if I would be interested in joining them so in late September I will fly to LA to meet with the production company along with Spex and Dr. Feller. Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong were also asked but are not able to attend. We're all going to be interviewed separately and together to discuss hair transplantation and hair loss in general and I'll be talking about my personal story as well.

I've been around long enough to know that this is not a sure thing but I am going to do my part as best I can to help make this a reality. It is, in my opinion, high time for this field to be exposed to the masses for not only general education but to help reduce the negative stereotypes. Hopefully this will be at least one small step toward that goal.

I've met Dr. Feller more than once and I look forward to seeing him again however I've never met Spex so it will be fun to finally meet my colleague after all these years.

We'll keep you all informed of how this unfolds as it moves along.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Wow! Quite exciting. Glad to see you guys "spreading the good word." Keep us updated.

What's more, I'm sure Bill and Pat are both available for a star-studded interview ;).

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Look out L.A.!!:) Maybe you can clue all those rich actors in on a good doctor and help them avoid getting butchered.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

From a selfish point of view i'm not sure how i feel about the secrets of the underground world of transplantation being brought to the masses as i think it will make the general public more aware of what to look for to spot a ht with regards to scars and so on but it does sound like a interesting program to watch, i can also see the positives as it will help the uneducated public when thinking about going for a ht.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk