Receding Hairline! Desperate for help!!!

Hey Guys! I am 22 yrs old and I have noticed that in the past 4 to 5 months or so I have started getting a receding hairline. I also have severe dandruff which doesnt seem to go away, even after using so many products. I'm losing hair mostly on the crown and temples. I want to maintain and re-grow my hair. I'm confused, because there are so many different products out there, which works? which doesn't work? I'm desperate for help, because I don't want to lose my hair. It's really embarrassing and makes you look a lot older than you actually are. Please help me and guide me. thank you.

On a norwood scale, I am a 2.

Icecreamman is right those are the best products out there, and at your age that would be the best course of action to take. Consult with a doctor so you can start a plan on controlling your hair loss.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I agree. Also be careful at your young age that you do not introduce too many hairloss products and supplements at the same time. I am not referring to finasteride or minoxidil, I am referring to an excess of supplements, scalp cleansers, scalp invigorators, etc, etc.

I see a number of young men do this and suddenly some of them start experiencing a "massive shed" of exisitng hair. The follicles can potentially get confused by the introduction of multiple products and may begin to retreat into the resting phase and shed.

HairUpThere is giving good advice to see a reputable doctor first.

Best wishes to you. :cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

You may also want to see a dermatologist for the dandruff/dry scalp.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Thanks alot all of you guys! I really appreciate the help! :)

Can I get Propecia/finasteride and rogaine off the counter? Or do I have to consult with a doctor first and get a prescription?

Definately worth seeing a physician just to check whether it is actually male pattern baldness you are experiencing.

Rogaine is over the counter, finasteride requires a prescription.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I would start with Fin alone. The Rogaine may complicate your dandruff issue. For dandruff look into the T-Gel tar based shampoo's and Nizoral. Use only a couple of times per week. I used to struggle with dandruff myself but these shampoo's seem to work the best for me. It wouldn't hurt seeing a derm for this - like gillenator said.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

aaron makes a good point about the minoxidil. Most OTC topical minoxidil products contain large amounts of alchohol based inactive ingredients which can further dry the scalp.

This is why seeing a derm amy be of further help.

Gillenator