How did you save for your hair transplant?

2hillpark

Hi.

Looking for some advice on how to save for a hair transplant?

I am looking into a procedure costing ?6k. I earn an above average salary hwoever still find it a struggle to get saving to this amount.

Anyone with previous expeerience on how you were able to source fund for your transplant would be appreciated.

Many thanks

You earn above average salary, but struggle to save? You must have a high standard of living.

I would look into your credit card statements. Look at all your expenses and decide what is more important than hair transplant. Other than loans, insurances, mortgage, utilities, transportation, and food, you can cut back on everything else.

No need to waste money on the latest iphones and ipads. Stop going to movie theaters and Starbucks. Downgrade your cable and cell phone bill. Clip coupons, buy items in bulk for greater discount. EBay junk in your possession that you will never use.

6k? I paid well over that , around 3 times, and basically have no job. I took loan from my parents which I haven't paid back(lots), sold my car dirt cheap to free up cash quick(not much), and took whatever savings i had from combat operations as a Marine(not much), and then took the jump as that is how serious the issue is. If you are making above average, i think you can easily do this with the right financial management. There are some 0% interest credit card offers or loans available for at least 6 months interest free credit.

Definately, review unnecessary expenses and cut down or start using coupons. Try to save and pay 3000 cash upfront and put the remaining 3000 on an interest free credit card or loan. The remainig balance could be $250 a month for 12 months till it's paid off. Good luck with everything.

Check to see if the clinic takes direct partial payments in advance of the surgery. That way you know the money isn't going anywhere else.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

My wages are piss poor, and with how much i have to pay out every month living in the uk, its horrendous. It will take me untill about 60 to save around 8 or 9 grand. So to get the money for my ht, im growing a certain type of plant outside to raise the funds.

My wages are piss poor, and with how much i have to pay out every month living in the uk, its horrendous. It will take me untill about 60 to save around 8 or 9 grand. So to get the money for my ht, im growing a certain type of plant outside to raise the funds.

The plant growing thing is a great idea to make extra cash. Saw palmetto is in demand. That plant will certainly bring some bucks when you make them capsules and market it to some hairloss sufferers. Good choice. :D

You'd be surprised how much you can save by cutting out some costs we take for granted, whether it be fast foods, brand name products, and so forth. Even those excessive cell phone plans we do not need etc. Sometimes by keeping it simple, you can easily manage and save up but it takes a lot of commitment. If your lucky, you can get loans but it is probably best to try to save up as much as you can to avoid interest rates that may trap you. As soon as you have extra money, put it in a savings account you wont touch in the bank. When a year or two passes, you'd be surprised with how far you got by not reading your statements and just depositing. As soon as you see numbers, the urge is to spend. It'll take a lot of discipline but hey, for hair, there are guts who buy useless shampoos that do not work as well as other products in excess of thousands of dollars. Had they saved up, they would have been closer to the real procedure that does the trick.

If you are based in the UK, check to see whether any bank loans or credit cards you ever took out, had PPI on it. Chances are you may have been misold unnecessay insurance on it and may be entitled to a large refund. Payouts are usually between a few hundred pounds to ten thousand pounds. Average sum is usually of around two and a half thousand pounds. If you need advice, PM me.