Scalp Micropigmentation patient by Dr. William Rassman of NHI

Since we've developed the procedure and are doing more of them, we wanted to show some more Scalp Micropigment results! This patient had been concerned about his hairline for a while now, but he was not really interested in hair transplants since he enjoys cutting his hair very short and has been doing it so long that's the "look" that he likes. When he saw that Scalp Micropigmentation was possible, he knew it was for him. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy our work as much as we do, and if you're curious about the procedure, you can find more information in this link.

smp_aa.jpg

smp_ab.jpg

smp_IMG_0004.jpg

smp_IMG_0005.jpg

smp_IMG_0014.jpg

smp_IMG_0019.jpg

I like the facial framing/hairline. Thank you for sharing this interesting case.

Just to confirm, Dr. Pak is the individual doing the SMP work at NHI, correct?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

This would certainly look better as an adjunct along with FUE. There is an apparent distinction between the ink and hair - especially on the lateral humps and in front of his frontal tuft. The shade is appropriate but would be more subtle if there was more hair in the colored regions.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Indeed there is a distinction. It would probably be alleviated if the patient shaved his hair a bit shorter. Good to see someone who isn't giving caveman/hip hop/helmet hairlines like some of the other more commercial SMP companies though.

Hello Dr. Rassman and team,

I found this post very interesting. What stage on the Norwood scale would you determine the maximum for it to be effective, and not look like tatooing. I also wonder have you done any work on patients with browner skin. Great Look, all the best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum