7 months and 10 day pictures posted to my blog today (Hair cut day)

wantego

I got a real hair cut today for the first time since I had a HT. The hair stylist cut it very short. My hair had been long, uneven and unmanageable. I was starting to have some concerns in the last 2 weeks or so. I feel like I have been going through a weird 2 weeks where my hair was thinning or shedding even though I dont see much hair fall out. While I prefer my hair longer I think the hair stylist did me a favor by cutting it so short. This way I can see exactly what hair I do have and what hair I do not have. Having it very long may have covered some things up in misleading way. Hopefully I will get some more growth in the next 4-5 months. I took a mess of pictures. Some in the sunlight/shade outside. Some inside in 2 different rooms. The hair stylist never mentioned anything about a scar nor a hair transplant so that is a good sign. Some pictures in direct sunlight were almost scary but others looked very good so I dont really know what to think. I try to take pictures from each angle. Some pictures are more flattering than others but by posting both flattering and non flattering pictures I'm honest with myself and other people. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Thanks a bunch Charlie. icon_smile.gif

PGP,

Are you speaking about the picture in the sun? Or in general on the right? I can not really say for sure. I dont know if I had shockloss that did not grow back or not. It may have been like that before.

Edit: After looking at my web blog my 6 month pics didnt show it as much. This hair stylist cut my hair really short so maybe thats why it shows more.

Some pictures look bad and some look great. I try to put some of each to be 100% honest. I may be going through a shed. My hair has seemed a little different the last 2 weeks than it did in the prior 6 months.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Looking good want!! I like the haircut, but still think that you could have done it yourself for free icon_wink.gif.

I do see what you are saying about some pictures looking really good and others you are not as happy with. You definitely have more thickening up that will occur in the next five plus months (you already know that). Some of those pics you can see through the top a little and that is being hyper critical about it; but I do understand what you are talking about.

I agree with charlie though--you have a full head of hair!!

Keep thickening and growing buddy!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

full head of hair 4 sure!

but yeah good eye PGP, i see it too. right hand side close to temporal point, little more up above the ear. looks like shock loss. what do you say wantego? what's up with that? i hope it's nothing serious....

cheers

Originally posted by Mr. GQ:

full head of hair 4 sure!

but yeah good eye PGP, i see it too. right hand side close to temporal point, little more up above the ear. looks like shock loss. what do you say wantego? what's up with that? i hope it's nothing serious....

cheers

I dont know what caused that or any other hair loss.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Eman : I feel like I have an Eman type hair cut now. icon_smile.gif

Davy thanks for the kind words.

Bill thanks for the compliment. I really appreciate it. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Still looks like you have a full head of hair! icon_smile.gif If not already, surely in another month or two you should have limitless styling options.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanatopsis_awry and Badger thanks for the kind words. For some reason I went through a shed or thinning in the last 2 weeks or so that has me really nervous. Your kind words make me feel better. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Thanks a bunch Eman and Headinahole.

The shed happened in the last 2 weeks or so. My latest pictures with the shorter hair came after the shed. I did email the doctor. He said shedding is temporary. I'm just going to try to avoid looking in mirrors for a while and not stress out over it. Thanks for taking an interest. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Great to hear Want! Always wishing and hoping the best for you.

Honestly from your pics no one would have ever known about a shed, but appreciate your honesty (as always). Look forward to hearing more about this topic (hopefully only positively) in the next couple of weeks and months to see how things get better!

Take care.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Great results wantego!!! i am so happy for you.

I am currently 2.5 months post, i am really looking forward for the next few months icon_smile.gif

I have one request please, do you mind posting pics with the hair lifted up so we could see the hairline, thank you so much. Your such an aspiration.

take care bud

-----------------------------------

Dr. Rahal 2745 grafts (3-Dec-08)

Wantego,

I cannot attempt to express the glories of your hair while being confined to the english language. Rahal has blessed you beyond the scope which finite communication can currently express. His labors have birthed more hairs upon your head than that of a mormon mother has begat children for her husband; and the sub-sequential labors of each of the begotten shall provide many fruits to the laborers.Each graft should glorify your head as all of the splendors of Solomon in his vast empire.

But, you spent 14-16K on this luxurious, pompous pompadore of a pimp wig; please, for the love of god spend the:

-$30 on a hair cut.

-$10 on some styling products.

-$5 on GQ mag

in order to realize the material gains you have been given, and style that fro up to the max, so we can see it in all of it's splendid glory w/some flare! As it currently stands, it appears that your most relishing splurge is that of a shampoo and a light use of the brush to "sweep" those glorious grafts to the side of your head. Both Rahal and the community deserve more effort on your part.

*post is both out of jealousy for your beast of a head of hair, and curiosity w/what it would look like under 'premier' conditions. icon_smile.gif

Translation: you spent good money, got an insane result, now PIMP THAT WIG!

Originally posted by Petro_P:

Great results wantego!!! i am so happy for you.

I am currently 2.5 months post, i am really looking forward for the next few months icon_smile.gif

I have one request please, do you mind posting pics with the hair lifted up so we could see the hairline, thank you so much. Your such an aspiration.

take care bud

Petro thank you so much for the kind words. Its nice to see almost all the posters on here are kind and have manners. icon_smile.gif

Things should get much better for you soon. Those first 3 months are probably the hardest months. I hope you have an amazing result.

Did you by any chance see the pictures I posted in the section labeled 5 months hair pulled back? They show my hairline pulled back and my hair brushed back as well. icon_smile.gif

Thanks again and I hope things go great for you!!!!!

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by Eman:

Great to hear Want! Always wishing and hoping the best for you.

Honestly from your pics no one would have ever known about a shed, but appreciate your honesty (as always). Look forward to hearing more about this topic (hopefully only positively) in the next couple of weeks and months to see how things get better!

Take care.

Thanks a bunch dude. You are a great guy. I hope things go great for you as well. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Benedict Arnold,

Though from your last statement, it appears that you are joking and just trying to have a little fun, your post can be seen and taken as an insult.

Wantego has helped countless people on this community and deserves your respect. It takes courage to post photos on the internet, and I expect that if you're gonig to offer feedback, that it's genuine and not rude.

Bill

Apparently, some of my ideas were misintepreted, as is so often the case w/great thinkers whose concepts transcend that of conventional wisdom. Admittedly, they are of an advanced level. Let us try again through a facet of thought more conducive to the layman's understanding. Want ego not only has my respect, but his hair DEMANDS it. His hair and over all transformation are nothing less then spectacular, and I have even gone so far as to pm him to let him know as much.

My point was of a subtler nature. Would you deny Beethoven his piano? Would you deny Mother Teresa the company of the sick and needy? Would you deny Picasso his canvas, break his hands, and hang his painting above a toilet?Likewise, wantego's hair is tantamount to the potentially unrealized value as of the afore mentioned historical examples; I am merely attempting to assure he experiences and appreciates it for all of it's inherent value.A bold stroke from the brush and a palm of putty is paramount in realizing the panache he so deserves.

I leave you this evening w/the following thoughts, a wise man once said ---"fortune favors the bold". The brush beckons boldness my good friend. The brush beckons boldness.