Who did Richard Simmons Hair?! Topic of the day..

Well, the video you presented certainly proves Richard Simmons hasn't changed in personality even if his hair has changed.

As far as who did his hair is concerned, it looks like he is wearing some kind of concealer, and frankly, not very well. I'm not sure if he's undergone hair transplantation. I do miss his afro from the old days though...it was a Richard Simmons classic :-).

Well, the video you presented certainly proves Richard Simmons hasn't changed in personality even if his hair has changed.

As far as who did his hair is concerned, it looks like he is wearing some kind of concealer, and frankly, not very well. I'm not sure if he's undergone hair transplantation. I do miss his afro from the old days though...it was a Richard Simmons classic :-).

Bill,

He has had a hair transplant.. If you watch this video at 3 minutes and 39 seconds Richard say's that he had his first hair transplant at the age of 19 years old.. It does appear that he also wears concealer.. I miss the old day's too. He is a living legend.. Have a great day!

Formertrackstar

Edited by formertrackstar

formertrackstar,

You've got to admire Richard Simmons' honesty in this video. Kudos to him for being so open about his eating disorder and hair loss problem.

I also found what he said about crash dieting leading to permanent hair loss interesting. In fact, we've recently written an article about it on our popular Hair Loss Q&A Blog. You can view it at "Crash Diets: Can They Lead to Serious Hair Loss?"

It would be interesting to see Richard Simmons' hair transplant results without the concealer. Maybe he says who did his hair transplant in another video.

Best wishes,

Bill

Never heard of this guy as I guess he's a US celebrity.

He looks like he went to see Larry Shapiro and asked for a Ronald McDonald hair cut!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

formertrackstar,

You've got to admire Richard Simmons' honesty in this video. Kudos to him for being so open about his eating disorder and hair loss problem.

I also found what he said about crash dieting leading to permanent hair loss interesting. In fact, we've recently written an article about it on our popular Hair Loss Q&A Blog. You can view it at "Crash Diets: Can They Lead to Serious Hair Loss?"

It would be interesting to see Richard Simmons' hair transplant results without the concealer. Maybe he says who did his hair transplant in another video.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

That is one great article that was written in the Hair loss G&A.. People need to be more aware of this when they are crash dieting.. As well as the many eating disorders in the world such as bulima and anorexia.. Back in my younger years I was a wrestler and I would have to diet to make weight.. I am lucky that my hair loss didn't trigger then.. I could notice that Richard Simmons had a transplant before I watched the videos just by looking at his hairline.. That was a given.. His concealer looks terrible in his hair.. You say that you had work done by Katz.. Are you from the Philadelphia or Jersey area? BTW- your hair looks great.

Regards,

Formertrackstar

Never heard of this guy as I guess he's a US celebrity.

He looks like he went to see Larry Shapiro and asked for a Ronald McDonald hair cut!

1978Matt,

He is a fitness celebrity.. You should google his name or check out some of Richard Simmons youtube videos.. Pretty funny stuff.. You will laugh your ass off!

Formertrackstar

• 2 years later...