How-to: Rogaine Foam on Medium Length Hair

Boba909

What are the techniques you guys use to apply Minoxidil foam onto medium length hair without wasting the foam by having it stick to your hair strands? For my forehead, i just put some Rogaine on my fingers, and then rub it in directly to the scalp. For the top of my head, i find that harder to do without touching my hair strands.

Also, how much of the foam to apply for the entire head (forehead, top, vertex)? It says 1 month supply, but i feel i may use it all up in 2 weeks time of less.... The bottle is so small!

Last, out of topic question, but for those who have applied Rogaine foam on places other than the vertex, did it help with hair regrowth?

Cheers!

What are the techniques you guys use to apply Minoxidil foam onto medium length hair without wasting the foam by having it stick to your hair strands? For my forehead, i just put some Rogaine on my fingers, and then rub it in directly to the scalp. For the top of my head, i find that harder to do without touching my hair strands.

Also, how much of the foam to apply for the entire head (forehead, top, vertex)? It says 1 month supply, but i feel i may use it all up in 2 weeks time of less.... The bottle is so small!

Last, out of topic question, but for those who have applied Rogaine foam on places other than the vertex, did it help with hair regrowth?

Cheers!

I dab a generous amount onto the desired areas so the foam sits on top and then I rub it into the scalp for about a minute.

I dab a generous amount onto the desired areas so the foam sits on top and then I rub it into the scalp for about a minute.

How many areas are you applying to (eg: entire head, just the vertex, hairline, etc)

And how long does a 1 month bottle last you?

How many areas are you applying to (eg: entire head, just the vertex, hairline, etc)

I apply to all thinning areas from crown to hairline - probably 70% of the top of my head.

I think the best way is to invert the can and spray small amounts through the hair and directly onto the scalp then massage in. It is inevitable that some foam is trapped and wasted on the hair. The thinner your hair the less gets wasted.

I get through a tin in about 3-4weeks.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

it's easy to apply on medium/long hair,just try to comb away the hair and use the applicator nozzle directly on the scalp. and spray a few small foam balls,then massage with fingers.you just need to work out how much to spray.

About an inch deep from where the hairline begins. I do apply it twice a day and use a liberal amount. I usually get 3-4 weeks out of it although recently I have been getting 3 weeks as I have been quite liberal with the use.

Maybe i should start dampening my hair first so the strands get stick together and thus easier to see my scalp.

Not 100% sure but I think your hair/scalp needs to be dry - check the instructions

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Not 100% sure but I think your hair/scalp needs to be dry - check the instructions

I remember reading somewhere that somebody applied minoxidil immediately after getting out of the shower. He said it was better. Not sure if absorption was better, or it was just better since you can see the scalp more clearly, i forgot.

• 9 months later...

The use of a micro needle roller can help with the absorption. I plan on using one before I start using minox after my HT heals up completely. Just roll it on the scalp in the desired area then apply the minox.