2nd Hair transplant 8 months and nothing

Well i have started shedding - but im 4 weeks after HT, so i should be shedding by now.

Im more concerned with these side effect ive read about. I wish we really knew what percent of people actually get wrinkles/bloating..

Well i have started shedding - but im 4 weeks after HT, so i should be shedding by now.

Im more concerned with these side effect ive read about. I wish we really knew what percent of people actually get wrinkles/bloating..

wrinkles? this is the first I've heard of that.. on the forehead? from minox?

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

Well ive just started Minox 5% a month after my HT, This is my first time using Minox aswell - should i bee concerned?

Since21 -yes there is a chart someone posted on here, im sure it will be re posted by a helpful person.

per Bill:

As you know, hair growth timelines vary for everyone. It's even harder to give you an average percentage in the early months since hair growth typically only starts between 3 to 5 months. I would suggest that if you are looking for averages it might look something like this:

3 months - 10%

4 months - 25%

5 months - 40%

6 months - 60%

7 months - 70%

8 months - 75%

9 months - 80%

10 months - 90%

11 months - 95%

12 months - 98%

18 months - 100%

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/148161-what-exactly-hair-transplant-growth-timeline.html

My regimen includes:

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

If by 8 months you have not seen any growth something is definitely wrong. I recently had my third ht and at almost 3 months some of my grafts have already come out as i can see and feel them. I hope your surgeon will do the right thing and give you a refund if your grafts still have not come out at the one year mark.

Honestly if by 8 months and you still arent seeing any growth your ht failed. I recently had my third ht and im almost at 3 months and my grafts are starting to come out as i can see and feel them. I hope your surgeon will do the right thing and offer you a refund if by a year you are still not seeing growth. Good luck man.

Honestly if by 8 months and you still arent seeing any growth your ht failed. I recently had my third ht and im almost at 3 months and my grafts are starting to come out as i can see and feel them. I hope your surgeon will do the right thing and offer you a refund if by a year you are still not seeing growth. Good luck man.

True.. a good and ethical doc would be willing to work something out to your satisfaction.

My regimen includes:

Thought it necessary to offer some clarification if you do not mind.

What you may now be experiencing is not necessarily a shed cycle. You are probably experiencing some level of post-op shock loss. Shock loss and shedding are two completely different dilemmas. Please allow me to explain.

On average, shock loss sets in roughly 3-4 weeks following surgery. It generally affects the areas closest to the recipient area and/or the donor area. The cause of shock loss is the overall trauma to the scalp from the surgery itself. In some cases, the effects of the trauma can cause other areas of the scalp to also lose hair.

Shedding generally affects the entire scalp. it is more evident by the generalized shedding of the scalp with noticeable decreases in overall density. Shedding can occur on its own or as I have observed over the years, induced by the initial use of minoxidil and/or the initial use of finasteride.

I continue to read posts about guys starting either hair loss medication either immediately before their procedure and right after.

This practice can add further confusion to the hair follicles. Not only do they respond to the trauma but they are introduced to a medication that they have never been in contact with before.

I recently heard from a guy from India who did both. He started low dose finasteride the week before his procedure and then he started applying minoxidil within 5 days of his surgery. He has such an extreme level of hair loss throughout his entire scalp and cannot figure out why.

I always ask patients who contact me what exactly they did before and after surgery. Their answers are almost identical.

Yet I cannot give him any medical advice or instruction because we are not doctors here. He told me his doctor started him on finasteride and also told him to start minoxidil three days post-op. Who am I to say different?

But what I can clearly state is that I definitely have observed a direct correlation of what I just stated. It's the initial use that can potentially promote the shedding cycle.

I also believe that the initial use of either immediately post-op can and potentially increase the level of shock loss in some individuals.

And those with diffused thinning patterns can be even more susceptible for either. By the way, I should also state that I know of another man 28 years old who went to the same doctor and he is not on either medication however he only experienced a low level of shock loss and no shedding cycle.

This is why I have become more of the opinion that if your doctor has formally given a diagnosis for MPB, it would serve well to start both medications well ahead of the procedure. Again, that's not medical advice, just my observations.

Hope this has been of some help...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

...it would serve well to start both medications well ahead of the procedure. Again, that's not medical advice, just my observations.

Hope this has been of some help...;)

Agreed! It makes perfect sense based on the expected independent outcomes of both the surgery and the treatments (shedding/loss) is expected with all of them. Barraging your hair with all three at the same time in theory would compound the temporary hair loss.

By the time I have my FUE in July I would have been on finasteride for 5.5 months and minoxidil for 3.5 months. I used minoxodil in the past for a few months and didn't see a gigantic shed. I did loose weak hairs, but I like this. Felt like a cleansing process. After 2 months on finasteride, and a week back on minoxodil I have seen no shedding or side effects.

That's awesome news Shacked...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY