Going to Wedding 8wks post op - How do I disguise my HT?

Ive read Topical concealers like Toppik/Nanogen are Ok 2-3 weeks later when you have a bit of hair to work with.

If people are worried about lingering redness, Skin to hair tone and density placed are all factors.

So everyone can have different healing times. There is evidence around that a PRP treatment can really speed up getting rid of any redness. Ive heard before that Dr Bisanga now offers this to patients post Op.

Ive also seen reports that a Lasercomb really helped healing time also.

Ive also read of people using a bit of foundation to mask redness.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Redman, did you find a solution? I was in a similar situation, had a wedding about 8/9 weeks after my HT. I was concerned about it too. The hat might be the best option especially if it is stylish it can look great. When I first got mine I didn't want to tell friends or family and thought I could hide it. After long discussions with my girlfriend I decided not to bother and embraced it. Easy conversation starter (handy at weddings)

The wedding I was going to I had to film, so I was standing up beside bride & groom in the church.

Most people will be respectful and either not bring it up or will politely ask you what it is. What you have to look out for is the jerk of the group (there is always one). Prepare yourself, have a comical but not too insulting response lined up.

"Wow John your looking a bit thin on top..." said the jerk as we met at the bar

"Shit dude you've put on a few pounds... I guess we're all getting older" I replied

something along those lines.

After my HT, I was recommended not to use any products (gel/hairspray type, i don't use any concealer) for as long as possible, preferably 1 month.

The scalp needs to breathe and putting/spraying anything on the transplanted area restricts both airflow and sunlight (vitamins). I would not put anything on there for at least 3-4 weeks.

I did start using a bit of hair styling putty at 6 weeks and a quick squirt of hairspray on the native areas and have had no issues whatsoever.

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Hey Redman, did you find a solution? I was in a similar situation, had a wedding about 8/9 weeks after my HT. I was concerned about it too. The hat might be the best option especially if it is stylish it can look great. When I first got mine I didn't want to tell friends or family and thought I could hide it. After long discussions with my girlfriend I decided not to bother and embraced it. Easy conversation starter (handy at weddings)

The wedding I was going to I had to film, so I was standing up beside bride & groom in the church.

Most people will be respectful and either not bring it up or will politely ask you what it is. What you have to look out for is the jerk of the group (there is always one). Prepare yourself, have a comical but not too insulting response lined up.

"Wow John your looking a bit thin on top..." said the jerk as we met at the bar

"Shit dude you've put on a few pounds... I guess we're all getting older" I replied

something along those lines.

I actually wore a bandana. Not wearing anything wasn't really an option. We were outside much of the day in hot sunshine so I needed to cover my head, and I have very bad shockloss, scalp redness and scar visibility. Managed to get through the day but I was pretty conscious of how I looked. I told people I'd had an accident and sliced my head open so got quite a lot of sympathy!

I actually wore a bandana. Not wearing anything wasn't really an option. We were outside much of the day in hot sunshine so I needed to cover my head, and I have very bad shockloss, scalp redness and scar visibility. Managed to get through the day but I was pretty conscious of how I looked. I told people I'd had an accident and sliced my head open so got quite a lot of sympathy!

Brilliant! Glad to hear you got through it.