Question for Spex, Mattj, Janna, Jotronic, and other HT coordinators...

I know Spex was in The Mail on Sunday which is one of the biggest papers in the UK recently and mentions celebrities however not allowed to mention them.

See his article here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2156861/Spencer-Stevenson-Man-beat-baldness-advises-A-list-celebrities-hair-transplants.html

I think most of us are interested in that question Gandolf:)

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

It is fairly common. It usually starts with the agent or PA calling on their behalf without revealing who the client is. Then once trust is established the client's identity is revealed. One agent I deal with has several names in his "stable" and now he just texts me to say who is interested and what needs to be done followed up shortly by photos or a Skype consultation with me and then with the doctors. Since our rep Mike goes to LA for a week out of every month he usually winds up going to someone's house for a more private visit.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I heard that most of celebrities go to these two surgeons Shapiro and H&W. Thats what I have been told :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I heard that most of celebrities go to these two surgeons Shapiro and H&W. Thats what I have been told :-)

We always talk about the bad celebrity transplants, but consider all the good ones we'll never recognize. So SMG and H&W makes total sense.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

The number one reason why we see some celebreties have noticable or substandard work done is because they depend on their agents, managers, personal assistants, etc, to research or look for a surgeon. In other words, rarely if ever do the celebrities engage in the research themselves. They just do not have the time and in many cases nor the desire to do the homework required to make the best "informed" decision.

Yet in the same sense I have found that neither do their agents. They too are busy, very uninformed, and tend to still shop the price. They all say "they want the best doctor out there" but at times have more questions regarding cost than quality. Their clients can readily afford the procedure far more than many of us, and possibly the celebrity would put quality before cost yet some of these reps are more concerned about the financial implications than the bottom line result. They will ask at times if the result is guaranteed, yet many times they want to know if the price is negotiable, almost like they are purchasing a vehicle or something.

I had one agent once ask me upfront "what is the best price we can get per graft" and when I started informing him that there is a huge price differential between FUE or strip, he had no idea of what I was talking about. He did not know what a hair bearing graft was, and when he sort of stumbled around his answers he stated that everyone quotes by graft and wanted to know what that was about.

I strongly but very respectfully told him that he would benefit greatly by first understanding the dynamics of hair restoration surgery including the risks. He responded by stating he needed to check around for more "price quotes" first.

I think a personality like Nic Cage is a good example of this. He never personally disclosed that he had HT surgery yet when he did have the first procedure, it was was IMHO, very obvious and noticable by many and it was the buzz in the forums back then. He was at the height of his film career and obviously could afford a top notch HT surgeon. I am not verifying in any way that he had the surgery, only he knows for sure.

We will never know for sure, but chances are he was too busy filming to do the research required to find the right doctor.:rolleyes:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY