possible or not?

HI

so i had two consultation done one were i talked to chad (dr Rahul office) and the 2nd one was Joe (Hassel n wong).

Chad said that i am not a suitable candidate for hair transplant according to dr Rahul, while Joe after having a good session over skype told me we could go for even 5000 follicle transplant.

I really really love the result of Hassel n wong, and joe gave some really good advice, the only thing is the cost is around 20 K for hassel n wong , and being a student that seems alot

what do you guyz recommend, should i try to contact Dr Rahul office again, Are there some other options??

One idea in my head is to wait till im done university, then go for Hassel n wong but due to my receding hair line i don't want to risk it please advice??

IMG_0571.jpg.a6ba06fd13ea03fafa0ffbed2e4cdf6f.jpg

Edited by baldy88

One idea in my head is to wait till im done university, then go for Hassel n wong but due to my receding hair line i don't want to risk it please advice??

Love that idea! You risk nothing by waiting a little longer to have the surgery.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Getting a transplant won't prevent further hair loss (in other words, your NW6 could still become a NW7 whether you get a transplant or not). But Finasteride could. So if you're not on the medication already then get on it as soon as possible. In the meantime, you might want to visit Canada and do it an person consultation to see if you are actually a candidate for hair transplantation.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I see one picture from the back.

Any frontal shots?

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

yes i had one session done which wasn't a major one

Did you get adequate growth from the first one? Why is Dr. Rahal saying that you aren't eligible for an HT with him? In the picture, it looks like your donor area has thinned. Is that the case or is it just a bad picture and/or is your hair just super short there?

Did you get adequate growth from the first one? Why is Dr. Rahal saying that you aren't eligible for an HT with him? In the picture, it looks like your donor area has thinned. Is that the case or is it just a bad picture and/or is your hair just super short there?

I had just gotten a hair cut and i trim my hair really short maybe thats why and idk why dr rahal is saying that to be honest cause i have been told i can have one more

And my first was great i have had good growth, its just that the hair follicles were really little so i didn't get much coverage

IMG_0597.jpg.21264c2ad5c00f415206675f2e9b8a1a.jpg

ee.jpg.007ce160a12a237bd8b49d09435fb0ce.jpg

Hi baldy88,

It was suggested that you come into the Toronto office for a full, in-person consultation. Your donor area doesn't appear to be that dense and you'd benefit from a more close-up assessment.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

For what it's worth, take it as a good indicator of Dr. Rahal's integrity (but not necessarily a poor reflection on Hasson & Wong). Dr. Rahal has your best interest in mind and isn't just out to make a buck.

For what it's worth, take it as a good indicator of Dr. Rahal's integrity (but not necessarily a poor reflection on Hasson & Wong). Dr. Rahal has your best interest in mind and isn't just out to make a buck.

I think I know what you mean but at the same time I can't help but think I should be reading between the lines on this one. What makes you think we don't have baldy's best interest in mind too?

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I think I know what you mean but at the same time I can't help but think I should be reading between the lines on this one. What makes you think we don't have baldy's best interest in mind too?

I was turned down by H&W and I live in the same city. It was because of my age.

I got accepted by Rahal (mind you..few years later). In the above post they did say to come in person to get a better assessment.

So I guess it all depends on a number of factors..

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

I might really be reading into this but I wonder if Dr. Rahal isn't interested because this might not end up being a "wow" case. He's on such a roll right now with incredible results that maybe he knows that this particular patient probably won't end up with an amazing result because of the thinning donor area.

No doubt an HT could probably improve this patient's look, but it probably wouldn't be that amazing transformation that Rahal has been putting out as of late.

Like I said I'm probably reading into it, but it's just a thought.

baldy,

If you are in college and by the appearance of your photo, you appear in your early twenties?

And if you are already in the Norwood 6 class, chances are you have advance classes of hairloss in your family history right? Norwood class 7s?

An extremely high percent of men with advanced hairloss in their early twenties are headed for class 7 which includes losing everything on top of the scalp. This is evident in your picture which shows advanced diffusion on the entire top of your scalp. Yet I did not read anything regarding the use of meds to stabilize your hairloss. Are you on meds?

I encourage you to think of lifetime planning as your loss progresses over the years. You have alot of life to live and you will never have enough donor to cover if you continue to lose.

You may want to consider a more conservative approach to see where your hairloss progresses and if you can in fact stabilize future loss.

Possibly you are already on meds and stabilizing but if not, you owe it to yourself to research before considering a second session of 5,000 grafts!

You also need your scalp laxity physically tested by the doctor to harvest 5,000 grafts by strip which can only be done "in person" not by Skyping. You would also further benefit to know if any of your donor is miniturizing (DHT receptive) especially if it appears that your donor zone is not as strong as before. That can only be done by physical exam using a scope.

Best wishes to you. :cool:

Edited by gillenator

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

baldy,

If you are in college and by the appearance of your photo, you appear in your early twenties?

And if you are already in the Norwood 6 class, chances are you have advance classes of hairloss in your family history right? Norwood class 7s?

An extremely high percent of men with advanced hairloss in their early twenties are headed for class 7 which includes losing everything on top of the scalp. This is evident in your picture which shows advanced diffusion on the entire top of your scalp. Yet I did not read anything regarding the use of meds to stabilize your hairloss. Are you on meds?

I encourage you to think of lifetime planning as your loss progresses over the years. You have alot of life to live and you will never have enough donor to cover if you continue to lose.

You may want to consider a more conservative approach to see where your hairloss progresses and if you can in fact stabilize future loss.

Possibly you are already on meds and stabilizing but if not, you owe it to yourself to research before considering a second session of 5,000 grafts!

You also need your scalp laxity physically tested by the doctor to harvest 5,000 grafts by strip which can only be done "in person" not by Skyping. You would also further benefit to know if any of your donor is miniturizing (DHT receptive) especially if it appears that your donor zone is not as strong as before. That can only be done by physical exam using a scope.

Best wishes to you. :cool:

hey thank u for the in depth answer, u r right, i am on rogain but not on propecia

and the weird part is balding doesn't run in my family, mom or dad side infact im in the only one within my family who have had this problem, and believe it or not after taking rogain and perfectil (vitamin) my scalp seems a bit better, before it was like all gone but it still looks better than before now.

Although i know i am still going to experience more balding i want another one so atleast i dont have have bald spot and this uneven look

I might really be reading into this but I wonder if Dr. Rahal isn't interested because this might not end up being a "wow" case. He's on such a roll right now with incredible results that maybe he knows that this particular patient probably won't end up with an amazing result because of the thinning donor area.

No doubt an HT could probably improve this patient's look, but it probably wouldn't be that amazing transformation that Rahal has been putting out as of late.

Like I said I'm probably reading into it, but it's just a thought.

Baldy88 was offered an in-person consultation. There are certain circumstances where the patient is best served by being examined up close where all variables can be taken into account. That way the doctor can better judge what is possible and the patient can walk away knowing if his goals are realistic.

And those goals are the bottom line. It could never be about the hunt for potential "wow" results anyway, as in most cases we aren't permitted by the patient to display or in any way share their photos.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

And patients' goals do vary. The real key is that the patient feels that his/her goal is met and they can get on with life. The quality of their lives have been improved! :)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY