HT on 30th June 2012 with Dr. Radha

Tugain foam i think hurting the scalp, a layer forms on the skin. Today i tried to remove that layer from small transplanted area, it started bleeding a little and 2-3 grafts came out. I dont know if this was normal shedding...because it had happened to me before transplant when this layer forms on the skin, i used to comb it and this used to happen slight blood use to come out. I am just hoping the grafts are still intact.

Does this happen with all of you that a layer forms on the skin because of tugain...is it dandruff or dried medicine ?

I am not using any hard shampoo even now for dandruff etc as i have shaved my head very close, and dont wanna hurt the grafts....

Any advice...

regards,

tuja

tuja

One HT:

2900 Grafts with Dr. Radha

Hi,

I wish to undergo HT this september or october. I'm currently living in Germany and will be visiting India during August and september. I started to lose my hair long time back after I had chicken pox during my 10th std. But I have serious hair loss ever since I came here i.e. for past two years. I lost almost all my hair in frontal and crown of my head. Please suggest me about which surgeon to chose for HT. I heard Dr. Madhu from Hyd and Dr. Radha both are good through this site.

Still not sure to chose which one. From your experiences I gained confident over Dr. Radha, But do you have any general opinion abt Dr. Madhu ? I'm so confused and cant face this Hair loss problem anymore. Everyone around me started to question abt it and my confidence level is so low nowdays.

I'm just 24 years old and will that prohibit me from undergoing a HT ? is it advisable to undergo HT at this age ?

Waiting for your reply. I tried to send a priv msg but I don knw how to do it since I just joined this site today.

thnx a lot for your help

Optimized-P4060307.jpg.fabce3510b44bbcab798333d61cde497.jpg

Hi S17ch

I would go for Dr Radha, as she does only one HT per day and she's more of hands on rather than leaving it to her tech staff. Her results are good aswell. Why dont u email her few pic's and see what she has to say.

Hi,

I suggest you contact both doctors and discuss your case with them. Doctor Madhu has many cases on this forum that show mature results, whilst Doctor Radha is relatively new and has many good positive posts. In reality, there are only 2 cases of Doctor Radha's on this forum that members have shown that have the length of time post op to judge the results. Many people (like myself) have had a HT with Doctor Radha but I'm just shy of 6 months and I don't want to assess it until 8 - 10 months post op. I keep receiving enquiries both people need to realise it takes up to 12 months for the results to be mature enough for a person to assess.

I went with Doctor Radha because she was trained by Doctor Pathomvanich, she does 1 HT a day, is hands on during the surgery. Doctor Madha does 2 - 3 surgeries per day and relies on a team of doctors and assistants to complete the surgery. Doctor Madha has been recommended on this forum for a couple of years and he produces good consistent results.

I think both doctors would be fine but the decision is yours in the end.

Regards

Rod

I spoke to dr radha last week, she told me its up to the patient if they want their head shaved off. It will take longer to insert the grafts but the results will be the same in the long term.

Thanks jayu, rod , KO and all the others who have answered my queries. That sounds quite relieving .

Current Status -

Its 23 days since my HT. Hair strands still on, some fell with the scabs. Scabs coming off.

My dad thinks I still look bald despite the hair on. Obviously since I have a big area but I will keep optmistic. He is brutally honest though which I have come to love ( although it also hurts )

I am staying off MInoxidil as I cant deal with it at all , the dandruff , the inability to find time to keep applying it etc. I will start Propecia or the generic soon though. I have lots of Saw Palmettto with me for now I will use it.

My scar looks raised in some points and flat in other. Not much I can do about it at the moment. The pus area has dried up by applying castor oil ( suggested by my local doctor who stated not using pills for it if it works and it has )

KO that suggestion defiinitely makes sense. I will use finpecia as I see some shock loss in my earlier thick ( super thick ) sides .. I can see spaces there especially in light. The area hurts and is numbish when i touch it . I usually used to lose hair with boils or pimples forming in the area. Its happening on the sides right now so I will start saw palmetto for now ... and then move on to propecia or generics later on.

Thanks guys

Hi tuja, I understand your regimen however, I am slightly sceptical if it will work using minoxidil on alternate days.

I did this when I was using it as I foudn it terribly taxing and my dandruff had reached all time new levels using it. I realised my hair continued to fall and the numbers were reducing during the period.

I just cant deal with it, So I will stay away from it completely. It also ruined the quality of my hair which were outstanding although I was losing them before using it.

Dear raul,

The minoxidil has the same effect on me, but now I am using it only once a day on alternate days to keep away the effect.

Also, I am taking propecia/finasteride twice every week to keep away the side effects.

I don't know whether the above will help but still trying.

My scabs also fallen out but strands remain, some strands went away, Dr. Radha has said all transplanted hair will off now, its been complete 1 month since HT.

cheers

tuja

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys ..

I am currently facing loss of all the strands .. my scabs had fallen off a long time ago.. is this normal ?

I also got many pimples . is doxycycline a good bet ? I know lots of people in the past who lost their hair because of using it .... I used to use it at 16 for severe acne and thats when my hair started falling.

Any suggestions ? I am curretnly using saw palmetto and my non transplanted hair is growing really quickly . the head is looking quite empty again .. normal ? its 32 days i guess since i did the ht!

Hi raulbrahmin,

I have been following your posts... i m also having troubles with minoxidil bro.. so I'm thinkin to use saw palmetto .. can u tell me whr u get it in india and do u use tablets or extract of saw palmetto ?

I'm from chennai and it would be great if you can help me in this.

thnx

Hi s17 - To be honest , I purchased saw palmetto back in London .. and I live in London and have just come to India for the holidays...

Saw Palmetto is available readily at HOllands and Barretts in UK

In Chennai , I think a Canadian supplier called Segals is available which contains Saw Palmetto as the main ingredient but other hair friendly ingredients as well.

If you wish to look out for another brand, you need to check for the keywords SERENOA COMPLEX CHENNAI . I believe you should find something.... Check it out !

ALthough if you are currently maintaining with Minox dont leave it ... it will cause hairloss.

the hair I was maintaining with minox were lost a long time ago after stopping it.... so thats the reason I dont feel forced to use it anymore.. You would be taking a risk if you leave.. I suggest speak to the seniors on this forum and ask them if its a good idea. I am a newbie as well and I am not the expert here.

• 2 weeks later...
raulbrammin, if u dont mind, can you start a hair restoration blog on this site? It will make it very easy to follow your journey. best of luck!

Hi KO, Ok I will start a blog sometime soon .. Once I muster the will to do so.. I feel so bored to do it.. But i understand it is my responsibility to do so.. I will in some time..

Currently almost all my hair have fallen out and there is no growth ... its one and a half months now....

raulbrammin, if u dont mind, can you start a hair restoration blog on this site? It will make it very easy to follow your journey. best of luck!

Hi KO, Ok I will start a blog sometime soon .. Once I muster the will to do so.. I feel so bored to do it.. But i understand it is my responsibility to do so.. I will in some time..

Currently almost all my hair have fallen out and there is no growth ... its one and a half months now....

Raul,

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I wanted to extend my congratulations to you as well. As you know, Dr. Radha Palakurthi has been approved for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network for her exceptional skill and hair transplant results. To see our high standards for recommendation, click here. I'm pleased, but not surprised to hear that she's taken good care of you.

I encourage you to begin taking and presenting photos of your procedure, before and immediately after surgery and of your hair today. Posting monthly progress photos will help you monitor your own progress and will cultivate a great deal of support, encouragement and advice from our veteran members.

You are also encouraged to create a hair loss patient website to document your progress. You can also link your patient website to your forum signature and social profile. For step by step instructions on creating your own patient website and linking it to your profile and signature, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...