Opinions Please!

Quiff01

Opinions Please

Ok,

Approaching the age of 31, been on fin for four months now, I feel my hairline is gradually getting worse, or could it just be a mature hairline? Im getting tired of styling my hair in a way to hide it, and have been consiering some hairline work. I must say the rest of my hair is very thick and no signs of any miniturization.

First 2 x pics are just washed with it pulled back, the other two are styled with toppik.

Any opinions?

Thanks,

Attached Thumbnailsattachment.php?attachmentid=30895&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1340528884 attachment.php?attachmentid=30896&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1340528902 attachment.php?attachmentid=30897&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1340528935 attachment.php?attachmentid=30898&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1340528950

Your hair looks pretty good although I'm sure the recession in the temples is quite annoying.

I've seen some people get their temples filled in and hairline lower slightly with very nice results.

It's a tough call but you will need to weigh up things like family history to determine whether having a HT at 31 is a good idea or not.

In your position I'd probably add regaine foam to the daily routine (at night) and give it another 4 years.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hi

I am 35 and have been in almost the same position as you and decided to do something about it.

So, almost 1 month ago, i bit the bullet and had 2,800 FUE to lower and re-build my hairline, with dense packing throughout the existing hair to thicken it up.

Have a look at my profile and blogsite for pictures. Any questions, just ask.

Early days to see the results yet, but up until now, i've had no issues, everything is on track and i haven't looked back :)

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

I agree that your pics are not the best quality, which makes it difficult to evaluate. I'm not sure if its the camera angle or bad lighting but you may want to go lighter with toppiks as it looks noticeable. Maybe that's not the case in real life.

You hair loss looks minimal - just slight temporal recession. I'm with Matt1978 that you should add Rogaine foam and see the effects. If you go the hair restoration route, you'll be bound to doing more if hairloss continues.