Raising sunken strip scars ('Valley Scars')

I tried a kind of filler once - a gel, injected under the scar. It didn't last long.

Is there any kind of material that can be permanently left under the scar - cut to shape, and anchored in position - to keep the scar the same level as the rest of the skin?

Would 'revision' be a wise option?

You might want to contact Dr. Lindsey, who is a recommended physician on this site. He posts quite often about strip scars and seems to have a lot of knowledge about them and experience with them. He might well want you to send him some photos of your situation.

As for truly permanent injectable products used by cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists for filling and raising depressed/indented/sunken facial scars, the only one I am aware of is Silikon-1000 or a similar medical grade injectable silicone oil. (It is considered an off-label but legal use in the U.S. because the FDA has only expressly approved this product for treating retinal detachment.) Whether this is something that could be used to treat your strip scar is a question you would have to discuss with a physician.

PupDaddy took the words right out of my mouth! Not only is he a top notch hair restoration surgeon, he is a top notch plastic surgeon.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Not sure. Try researching something called subcision. They have used it for CVG patients and acne scars. I don't know a lot about it but it may be worth researching.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Your case may be more aprropriate for a plastic surgeon only because it does not sound like you are seeking further graft coverage.

Research the use of your own body tissue and even injectible fat from your buttocks or other areas. That may be the cheapest yet most natural approach since you are using the tissue from your own body and not artificial.

I believe the risks are lower as well becaue there are no further incisions required, just injectable fat tissue. ;)

Best wishes to you.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY