What future improvements would please you in the coming couple of years

Hey guys,

I was looking for all those promises for 2014 to provide unlimited donor supply which is what we all have been dreaming for, but let's be homest we have been disappointed for way too long. realistically speaking what would you believe can happen in the next couple of yearsnd that would at least give you some satisfaction.

For me, I beleive we might be able to have the following in a year or 2:

1) a SCARFREE HT that leaves no strip nor white dots scars (it's already possible now through HST as claimed, but that technique still fague and no enough info about it, also dr. Wesely is implementing a scarfree technique that he mentioned in his site, so i beleive we are close to have this kind of HT pops up just like FUE years ago.)

2) something like propecia that FDA approved and can be applied directly on the sclap instead of taking a Pill that you dont really know what its doing to your whole body.

I beleive many people will be so satisfied if we can have the above options, and we will have more people going for HTs knowing that they would have no scars at all and they will have the option of shaving their head to 0 grade if the hairloss progresses also some will use this technique to fix their hairline and then shave).

Also more people will start taking the scalp version and avoiding taking a pill that might create unneeded sides.

Do you guys think we are close to atleast achieving something like hat if the whole unlimited donor supply treatments did not come out by 2014???

Unlimited donor supply I think is the most important.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

It is of course, but do you think it's possible by 2014 (as promised) ? Many people are not so optimistic about that and think it will take atleast 10 years.

Im actually praying for the new treatments to be released by 2014.

I have no idea to be honest, I haven't really been following some of the latest advances in hair restoration.

Have you looked on the bald truth forum as people tend to have these types of discussions more often.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Aim,

As of now, there is a lot of hope in some exciting future treatments. Like others have stated, I personally think "unlimited donor supply" procedures are going to be the next evolution of hair restoration, and I look forward to continued research and new clinics honing in on their own version of the procedure.

Having said that, I've always thought the best way to view future treatments was with "cautious optimism." I think it's best to always remain hopeful and excited, with regard to future treatment, but I don't think it's ever advantageous to have specific dates set in mind or delay current treatment in light of "something" that may evolve at an unspecified date.

With that said, I'm not certain 2014 will bring any new revolutions. However, I do look forward to seeing new advances in procedures (like stem cell transplants, Dr. Wesley's new technique, etc) and truthfully hope I'm wrong!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

good thoughts future.

As you mentioned, nobody knows when "unlimited donor supply" option will be available, and when it does god knows how much it will cost and if it will be for every one or the very RICH people.

"unlimited donor supply" means that baldness is cured, this could be a permenant fix for baldness that can bring even nw7 to nw1, if they can afford the cost.

As i mentioned in my post im really looking forward for that but do not have a high hope that it would be available in 2014 (again i hope im wrong).

Meanwhile i beleive an improvements to the current HTs will be available very soon such as an HT with no scar with better yeilds and faster recovery.

In an ideal world we want:

1) Unlimited donor supply.

2) A drug with no long or short term side effects that reverses and completely stops baldness for everyone.

3) A procedure which is completely scarless,consistent 100% yields

and everyone is a candidate.

Oh and not too expensive money but I think that is pushing it at the initial stage :)

I am not holding out for any of the above as they may never happen in my lifetime but some of the recent developments are very positive.

Drs. Rahal, Gabel, Konior, Wong, Hasson, and Shapiros clone themselves and open up clinics in every major city in the U.S. and western Europe. :)

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.