Failed Hair Transplant - considering Devroye or Ferudini in Belgium.

Dear All,

I've been losing hair since I was 19 and am nearly 30 now. Tried practically every non-transplant solution and currently on a regime that reduces the rate of loss but ultimately I'll need a few transplants in my time.

I had my 1st transplant with a surgeon unknown on this board in France on recommendation of a well-known UK trichologist. I was a Norwood 4 then - 4 years later the 2500 hairs (not grafts) that should have grown have not - estimates are that it's about 1000 hairs max. I visited a UK transplant surgeon (I am well aware to avoid the UK so it was more a second opinion and even he commented it looked very little). Have spoken to the botched surgeon a couple of times and what is repeatedly said to me is that "all the hairs transplanted have grown but I've lost more hair hence it doesn't appear as such". Well if you counted the number of hairs in transplant region it really isn't more than 1000.

Dr Feller and a few other US surgeons appear to be the place to go. I know if I just took the long trip it'll be way better than complaining about hair for years to come. But just thought I'd check - I'm currently a Norwood 5 and see it approaching a 6 in the next 1-2 years.

The reputation of Devorye and Ferudini in Belgium appear good on this board. I've also heard of a Bisanga. What is the view of forum users?

Thanks for your thoughts in advance, happy to share further details.

Take care

Belgium is the mecca of quality hair transplantation in Europe. Drs. Devroye, Feriduni, and Bisanga are outstanding at what they do. You can't go wrong with any of them!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Dear All,

Dr Feller and a few other US surgeons appear to be the place to go. I know if I just took the long trip it'll be way better than complaining about hair for years to come. But just thought I'd check - I'm currently a Norwood 5 and see it approaching a 6 in the next 1-2 years.

The reputation of Devorye and Ferudini in Belgium appear good on this board. I've also heard of a Bisanga. What is the view of forum users?

Take care

My shortlist changes like the singles charts but at the moment number 1 is Raymond Konior.

Definately worth considering as Chicago is not that much further than NYC (if coming from the UK).

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

You have mentioned a few legends within the HT world, i dont think you can go wrong with any of the names you have mentioned.

Hope all goes well for you :)

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Most of them are good but Feriduni is the most recognized HT doctor in Europe with most documented results online along with Lorenzo and Bisanga. He is also recommended in the IAHRS (International Alliance of Hair restoration surgeons) and very well known of his repair jobs and attention to details. If you would like to get FUE for repair and If budget wasnt an issue to you then I would definitely go to Feller as I consider him the Godfather of FUE. I really like his FUE results and quality. So IMO it would be Feller or Feriduni, feel free to contact them to provide you with their plans and answers to your questions, then its your call buddy. Good luck.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thanks for your input everyone.

The next question is - what should I do about the previous failed transplant? I was charged around EUR 5500 for perhaps 1000 hairs. The hair transplant clearly failed - on two meetings in person the doctor stated "all hairs grew" etc. With the sheer shortage of good surgeons I was being careful not to alienate anyone so didn't say anything. The scar has been checked by a dermatologist so is fine. No visible damage.

In the UK there is a well known firm of trichologists that recommended this surgeon and even offer their premises for the surgeon to conduct UK consultations. Perhaps one course of action is to approach them first.

Many thanks

Buddy forget chasing the old company , unfortinatly you may just have to put this down to experience and move forward .

Get in contact with spex and get him to give you his opinion .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Dear All,

I've been losing hair since I was 19 and am nearly 30 now. Tried practically every non-transplant solution and currently on a regime that reduces the rate of loss but ultimately I'll need a few transplants in my time.

I had my 1st transplant with a surgeon unknown on this board in France on recommendation of a well-known UK trichologist. I was a Norwood 4 then - 4 years later the 2500 hairs (not grafts) that should have grown have not - estimates are that it's about 1000 hairs max. I visited a UK transplant surgeon (I am well aware to avoid the UK so it was more a second opinion and even he commented it looked very little). Have spoken to the botched surgeon a couple of times and what is repeatedly said to me is that "all the hairs transplanted have grown but I've lost more hair hence it doesn't appear as such". Well if you counted the number of hairs in transplant region it really isn't more than 1000.

Take care

Sorry to hear about your past experience. Do you have any pics of the scalp showing the past work? Look at a bunch of results and patient repairs. All the docs you mentioned are good docs and well known on this forum. They do great work. What other surgeons have you looked into? Get consults from a bunch of doctors to see what they can do for you and mention your goals to them clearly. Get a bunch of opinions and then evaluate the pros and cons. Don't hesitate to travel to get it done right. You are right, it is best to get it done right so you don't have to worry about hair for years to come. Good Luck with everything.

Just wanted to say I had 3200 grafts with Dr.Devroye back in march this year and my results are amazing. Ive barely had any shock loss although some but from the 2 month mark onwards it has just got thicker and fuller every week. The scar is no thicker than a pencil line and is easily hidden. Dr.Devroye and his team where really good and I couldnt recommend them enough. I know that there isnt a lot of his patients on this forum but I will be posting my results when I have more time. I would seriously consider him if Belgium is on your mind.