LindseyMedical office hits Orlando half ironman

Many of you all know that I'm running (or at least have signed up to start--and hopefully finish) the NYC ironman on August 11, and several of you all have donated to the ironmanforjulia campaign raising money for cancer vaccine research.

Its 80 days til the big race, and Wendy, Chi Chi, and Virginia from my office accompanied me to Orlando this weekend where we visited some theme parks and ran the half ironman as a final practice before NYC.

I'd pulled my hip and hadn't run in 30 days but managed to limp or gimp my way in after doing pretty well on the bike and swim.

Plus it was a nice break for the office girls who work quite hard on surgery days.

If anyone wants more info, see www.ironmanforjulia.com

Thanks

Dr. Lindsey

floridatri.jpg.427d8f8e2f61166a320b6e3f7275c363.jpg

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Lindsey, you have really gotten in great shape! Best of luck in NYC!!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thanks RCW Yeah, I lost 30 pounds this past year and 6 hrs each friday evening on the exercise bike hill setting bleeds off about 4500 calories. Plus, up until I hurt my hip, I was running 20 miles every wednesday afternoon on the treadmill watching Lord of the Rings with Julia. It takes almost one episode for me to do the 20 miles so we've seen the entire set too many times! Only thing I have to leave the house for is the swim training and that's the easy part, and burns the fewest calories.

The office staff is volunteering on the bike course in NYC and will be wearing Team Julia outfits as they hand out water and gatorade.

78 days.

Dr. L

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Looking good Dr Lindsey ! I remember you talking about this when I was in your office early march . Takes a lot of discipline to train for something like that . good luck on the next meet!

That is great to hear Dr. Lindsey. I joined a tri team about 3 months ago and did my first triathlon last weekend (sprint). Several of my teammates were in the same race you and your staff did. Did you guys see Lance Armstrong? I think what you are doing is great and I am glad I was able to support your fundraising. I look forward to your updates and finding out the outcome of your race!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I started this stuff as a 45 year old married guy for Julia who wanted me to keep up with one of her friend's dads....

I've told lots of patients, that if I were a young single guy, the very first thing I'd do is start team in training triathlon fundraising. You'll do a good cause, and meet lots of nice and in shape people. Good luck to you in your tri career.

Its still fun as an old married guy but I know that at least one of our patients has done what I suggested and is raising money and meeting nice people.

Yeah I saw Lance, but honestly, I'm too busy trying to make sure I go to the bathroom enough times BEFORE the start, to have walked over and gotten a pic with him. Lots of people were doing that though and the line to the john was shorter as a result!

Thanks for your contribution.

This will be my last event. Takes too much time. I'm doing all of my bike and run training in the basement so I'm at home, but still its 16-20 hrs a week.

Finish or not, I'm done after August 11. Good luck to you though.

Thanks

McLean, VA