Any good Hair Doctors in Houston, TX?

I been losing a lot of hair for 5 years now, it first started off as a receding hair line and has now progressed to the vertex. I'm 25 years old and look like a balding 40 year old.

Anyone know about any good Hair transplant clinics in Houston, TX? Looking for FUE or NeoGraft (Not the strip method)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I actually did, he recommended 2,000 grafts at a total of $8,000

I'm just not comfortable having a big ugly scar at the back of my head, and since I'm a chemical plant operator, it just wouldnt work out. I work outside 50% of the time, everyday.

Im leaning towards FUE.

Recommended physicians in Texas

I highly suggest taking a look at that list. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I actually did, he recommended 2,000 grafts at a total of $8,000

I'm just not comfortable having a big ugly scar at the back of my head, and since I'm a chemical plant operator, it just wouldnt work out. I work outside 50% of the time, everyday.

Im leaning towards FUE.

You can pretty much DOUBLE that price with a quality FUE transplant...I hope you didn't think that was an unfair price...4 dollar per graft for Dr Arocha is a steal!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

No, the price Is not the problem, it's the ugly post op scar that bothers me. I have naturaly thin hair as it is, the scar would be really noticeable at the back of my head. I've seen it on a couple of people I know.

Hi Alex713,

In the hands of a skilled surgeon, scarring from an FUT procedure can be minimal. Remember that no procedure- FUT or FUE is scarless. I would encourage you to check out this article on the differences between both procedures.

In addition, here a link to an album dedicated to donor scars.

I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm just trying to give you information. The more you have prior to a procedure- the better!

~Kira

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I have naturaly thin hair as it is, the scar would be really noticeable at the back of my head. I've seen it on a couple of people I know.

Alex I am sure you will make the best choice for what's right for you. But just wanted to let you know that I too have always had thin/fine hair. I had a FUT procedure 14 years ago. The scar has never been noticeable...in fact I asked a couple of my hairdressers over the years had they ever noticed it and they were like "what?...no way". Then when they really, really looked for it they found it. It is 100% not noticeable to anyone in public. If you ever come to Dallas you can buy my lunch and I will show you. It has not been an issue with me at all. Sure there's always the exception and a few patients may have noticeable scars...maybe because they tried to save money by not going to an elite doctor or wear their hair super short, but if you choose a top doctor like Arocha the chances are very high there will not be any noticeable scar except upon fine tooth comb inspection. These top notch doctors have new methods and are quite skilled at closing donor sites.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

• 1 year later...

Hi Alex,

I am in the same boat. I am searching from past 1 year but I could not zero in on a doctor yet. I want to go with FUE too as I don't want to have a scar. I have been to Dr Arocha, Dr Puig and Dr Rashid.

Dr Rashid was doing exclusively FUE and price was good but I am not sure about his experience.

Dr Arocha looks a lot experienced.

I am in Houston too and would greatly help if I can find a good doctor in Houston so that I don't have to worry about travelling. Can i know which doc and why did you choose him?

Thanks for your help

Leo

Thanks for the list, I will take a good look!

I been losing a lot of hair for 5 years now, it first started off as a receding hair line and has now progressed to the vertex. I'm 25 years old and look like a balding 40 year old.

Anyone know about any good Hair transplant clinics in Houston, TX? Looking for FUE or NeoGraft (Not the strip method)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

• 4 months later...

Dr. Arocha has prices that go up and down a lot so you have to catch him at the right time ). Dr. Barrera is more fixed on his price but he is also very good. Dr. B's background is in plastic surgery and not internal medicine. I tend to lean towards the plastic/dermatology background

Edited by peterith

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you are in Houston you should talk to at least 2 doctors of the kind of transplant you want. If you want a strip you should consider Dr. Barrera as at least one of them. If you are willing to drive for a strip surgery, Dr Limmer is another one. Dr. Limmer is also good because his prices are down to earth. Proof that a good trans does NOT have to be expensive. If you are considering FUE, you should choose a place that really has a lot of options in FUE. I think FUE is a lot harder on the team so my thought is if you go FUE, make sure its really an FUE place and not an menu list of X Y Z cosmetic list options ....and oh yeah FUE.

Watch out for doctors that talk down other doctors. No one has perfect results so that is another warning sign i.e the high and mighty sign is what i call it.