my progress with dr saifi

i am 4 months post op and would like to say i am over the moon with my results so far.

i thank this network for the knowledge and contacts i have made.iv just been thinking how many surgeons are there in the world and more precise how many coalition surgeons. it seems such a small proportionate number and an area of medicine that needs advanced,

i thank myself lucky that i have found a surgeon that has answered my needs even at this early stage i am confident i will achieve the results i want

i will update pics but at the min i am using a phone from dark ages with no camera

i appreciate he is not a coalition member or even recommended here thats not to say there isnt surgeons out there producing excellent results. it seems that dr lorenzo has came to promenence in the last year or so and he is not a recommended surgeon , they are out there

without this site though i wouldnt have been able to check case studies of my surgeon and thoroughly review him before i committed!

thank you htn

Glad to see another happy Dr Saifi patient. Look forward to the pics , when you have them

I'm hoping I'm the next happy patient.

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

• 1 month later...

Hello dingdong

Any recent updates on your surgery with Dr saifi? I too had surgery with him just over 2 weeks ago.. I seen from one of your posts that your based in Belfast,I'm only 45mins up the road from you, Co.tyrone.

hi sfmg

i am indeed from belfast. good to hear from you. i am so pleased with my results so far and its not even the 5 month mark. there such a transformation to my hair already.

how many grafts did you have? how was your experience. im going to upload some pics this week

I was expecting to get 2000 grafts and got 2100. Overall the surgery and healing couldn't have went any better,just have to wait for the hair now to grow,although most of the donor hair is still intact and seems to be growing but I expect to lose most in the next few weeks. Dr saifi is currently in the U.S and is not back till the 5th July so will post some pics when he forwards them on when he returns. Looking forward to seeing more of your pics and happy to hear your pleased with your results to date.

Portchesterpirate your hair looks great was really impressed with your pics,which helped me decide on choosing dr saifi.

Sfmg glad to of been some help in you making your decision. I had my hair line done in march 11' it has all but grown out now and is really thick, it's really changed my life for the better. I had my 2nd ht done 11 weeks ago ( the hair line infilled directly behind the hair line through the mid section and th crown.) I have tiny hairs coming through the crown area so looking forward to the upcoming months. What area was your ht? You have a long road ahead of you now mate it will be very boring and worrying at times. But you can only really access your progress at around 4 months, then after that the hair seems to grow quicker and thicker. Are you on Finastride and minoxidil?.

I had my hairline done,and the doc has advised me he wouldn't touch the crown area for about 5years or so as he thought it wasn't too bad and would respond well to finesteride and minoxidil which I have only just started to use. Hope your second HT is successful in what you want to achieve and by judging by your 1st I'm sure it will be:)

i am 4 months post op and would like to say i am over the moon with my results so far.

i thank this network for the knowledge and contacts i have made.iv just been thinking how many surgeons are there in the world and more precise how many coalition surgeons. it seems such a small proportionate number and an area of medicine that needs advanced,

i thank myself lucky that i have found a surgeon that has answered my needs even at this early stage i am confident i will achieve the results i want

i will update pics but at the min i am using a phone from dark ages with no camera

i appreciate he is not a coalition member or even recommended here thats not to say there isnt surgeons out there producing excellent results. it seems that dr lorenzo has came to promenence in the last year or so and he is not a recommended surgeon , they are out there

without this site though i wouldnt have been able to check case studies of my surgeon and thoroughly review him before i committed!

thank you htn

DingDong, Glad to hear you are over the moon with your results so far. Did you get a chance to upload the new pics yet? Can't wait to see how things are looking for your right about now. :)

Hi All

Im now 16 weeks post op and I think things are just starting to happen for me now. One half of my scar is superb , the other not quite so good. This may be due to the trauma of removing the poor scar I had previously. Dr Saifi said is still very confident that it will be ok but told me not to worry , he would sort if there was a problem ( but a problem is unlikely)

I can now see a few tiny thin hairs appearing at the hair line on one side , nothing much on the other yet. My hair futher back behind the hair line looks much better now. So must of had growth there. Also the scar I had near the hair line is filling in nicely !! Its difficlult for me to judge clearly as I did have existing hair.

As I have said before I think everyone heels and responds to the treatment differently. Im just one of the unlucky ones where it happens to be a long time. I dont mind as long as I get the results I want in the end.

SFMG - Im sure everything will be ok. Its a long wait !!!!!

Dingdong - Really please for you , hope to check out your pics soon

Porchester P (Porter) You seem to be a quick responder !!! Looking forward to the game tonight. Hopefully we can finally beat a big nation in a knockout comp !!!!!

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

Total 5134 grafts.

Hi all

Sfmg and Dingdong12 - I wish you both well with the work you've had done. I live in Co Down so I'm not far from you. I'm seriously considering surgery and I'm glad to have found this forum because I've got some great information from guys who have taken that brave step to proceed with the surgery. I'm apprehensive about surgery, however when I see some of the final results here, the work is fantastic. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your photos.

Hi Yiddo

Here are a few of mine. I will be adding more shortly as its really starting to happen for me now.

This was about a month ago (3 months post op)

5b32d3406a74c_DSC071201.jpg.b91c8eade2022623b2f6f0cb6dfb7cf0.jpg

5b32d34088513_Photo01111.jpg.fa3fe6f12a176d6a7b3895e836d7fd3c.jpg

5b32d3409f57a_DSC071321.jpg.e617432df76227ef181e555d4800be18.jpg

5b32d340b0d73_DSC071531.jpg.33d7adb65b06dce29553bd0f9c490522.jpg

5b32d340c6b3d_Photo01061.jpg.186655d5e717c574834de702056d22e5.jpg

5b32d340efd3e_Photo01041.jpg.e68daf6d90609500207c4beed30b928c.jpg

Total 5134 grafts.

Your right Buzz everybody heals at different speeds, but we all seem to have one thing in common and that is seeing some noticeable changes at the 16 week mark. After then it just gets exciting because you see more growth. Glad it's starting to happen for you mate, up untill now it's been a crap journey for you. We can all look to the future with exicitment, and we can all look forward to a famous ENGLAND WIN TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks portchesterpirate for your advice. I agree with you that research is definitely essential, and that's exactly what I intend to do. I've average donor hair and I want to ensure that I don't make any mistakes.

In relation to density per sq cm, what can one expect to achieve? I note that this varies from anything between 20 - 40 hairs. Grateful for advice please.

Hi goodie, thanks for the well wishes.. I'm now 5 weeks post op and not very much to report regarding growth,still a long way to go but il post some pics as soon as..