Had a HT With Dr. Charles.. but what's his status now?

Back in 09 I had a good experience with Dr. Charles and I am set to return to him...

I wondered what the deal is with this-

(removed link out of respect)

I just wondered about the issue with his medical license and the issue that was raised in Oct. 2011

this is NOT to rip Dr. Charles. I had a good experience with him. I wanted some clarity on this issue however.

Thank you in advance

Brad

Edited by ETG059

ET,

While I'm honestly not sure what issue you're referring to (infractions, fines, and lawsuits against medical licenses is often a tricky and misleading issue), I can honestly say that Dr. Charles' reputation with both our network and the hair restoration community in general remains the same: excellent.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

If you Google it, it was just a case of him forgetting to renew his license, thats all. It was nothing like malpractice or anything. I believe he has licenses in 5 states, so I imagine it's hard to keep up with all that. He is mainly in Florida now, so that issue probably won't come up again.

As far as his work goes, he is definitely one of the best in the biz!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

If you Google it, it was just a case of him forgetting to renew his license, thats all. It was nothing like malpractice or anything. I believe he has licenses in 5 states, so I imagine it's hard to keep up with all that. He is mainly in Florida now, so that issue probably won't come up again.

any chance you have the link/press say shows the incident was a mistake or misunderstanding?

I just found that he 'ended up someplace' because of the license issue

again he did really good work on me, but I wanted to clear this up

any chance you have the link/press say shows the incident was a mistake or misunderstanding?

I just found that he 'ended up someplace' because of the license issue

again he did really good work on me, but I wanted to clear this up

My understanding is he is a very good doc.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

I can't figure out what you all are referring to BUT:

I took this malpractice law case at the University of Richmond about 6 years ago. A man from the board of medicine came and said that at that time about 90% of board actions of what sounds like a similar nature to what is being discussed here...is due to doctors failing to update their profile or their continuing medical education requirements, and that the only real enforcement of the board is probation/warnings/sanctions. Its unfortunate that those labels don't clarify the nature of the problem.

For example, I was acquainted with a doctor who lost his license in one state for inappropriate relationships with patients, who was only put on probation in another state. That to me sounds a lot more serious of a problem than not updating a profile....but the same "label" was given.

So don't make a hasty opinion until you know the facts.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians