HT-FUE Dr Tejinder Bhatti (India)

Hi , I just signed up on this forum :)

Transplant:I have a HT(FUE) booked for 8th of may 2012 (i.e. day after tom.) with

Dr Tejinder Bhatti (Chandigarh-India)

About me: Male/23/Indian

Condition :As per Doc , i need about 1200 grafts to reconstruct my hairline ..My hair line will be lowered by 1-1.5 cm with a density of 55 grafts/sq cm...I am experiencing thinning on top of my head , but i guess , i'd leave that to toppik for now

Will attach my pre-op photos tomorrow..

I hope i have made this thread in the ryt section :o

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally got it done yeaterday 1200 grafts

pics with red background were taken last evening and the one with white background was taken this morning i.e 9-5-12

IMG_20120508_184125.jpg.209d965659c56139b83d84326cda3d1f.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg.becb68f381772d32f04db63ec95fbf74.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg.6d08b2f301b8b6655918854c525efb61.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg.8738afac5743064b0ac446a641fff296.jpg

Day 10-11 show time : Well ! the scabs have fallen off completely and i believe about 10% hair shafts came off along with the scabs ...

I am satisfied with the density i see as of now (its more than what i have on top of my head)

my only concern is the the design of hairline ... it looks fine at the center and towards the right side but is kinda straight on the left side ... i mean , it doesn't look natural.. or may be its too early to comment ...

Any ways ... so far so good

IMG_20120518_130051.jpg.2d5a66f52fc5f73172ed0e4edb747e34.jpg

IMG_20120518_130056.jpg.f3c107e949f464c094998f024a6f3d8d.jpg

IMG_20120518_130100.jpg.539970ef0fa545a90c4b3f5e772d10f8.jpg

IMG_20120518_130107.jpg.349063d682f80e2be49873b97dec6fa4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi and good to see your photos, looks good to me. Is it possible to call you to chat about FUE and your experience, can I have ur phone number please. I will call you from Doha or Dubai. Your suggestions will help

You mention thinning beyond the hairline, did the doctor ever discuss adding density to this area at some point in the future? Are you on finasteride?

1.) I have been prescribed finasteride (1mg * 6 months) , minoxidil foam 2%(once a day before bed) and biotin .

But i am 23 and way too apprehensive about finasteride , ED n stuff ! .. So no finasteride for now .

Anyways it has been 1month and 8 days since my HT n i hv started with minoxidil 2%(tugain) and biotin .

2.) Actually i asked doc for transplanting some grafts in crown area and on top of my head but he refused saying i have an okay density and meds can take care of that , plus he said i wont like the shock loss .. but the rate at which i am loosing my hair , i m pretty sure i would need another procedure an the coming 4-5 yrs

Hi and good to see your photos, looks good to me. Is it possible to call you to chat about FUE and your experience, can I have ur phone number please. I will call you from Doha or Dubai. Your suggestions will help

sent you a private msg .. happy to help

• 4 weeks later...

2 months and 4 days update

Under DirectLight

out of 1200 grafts

- about 100-150 grafts didnt fall off

- can see another 200-300 sprouting up

- have been on biotin and minoxidil 2% foam for the past 1 month and though i do not find any broken hair on my fingers after a nice massage of minoxidil , i still kinda feel that my existing hair density is decreasing .. .. or maybe its just because my hair are way shorter than what they were before op.

IMAG0063.jpg.099ce89bb44e203d05a3f4db19cb9684.jpg

hey mate,

you said that out of 1200 grafts, 100-150 grafts didn't fall off and another 200-300 sprouting...so what happened to the remainder 550 - 750 grafts???

Also, do you have to apply minoxidil on ur newly transplanted areas?

Keep us posted as I'm looking to get mine done by Dr Bhatti

Xplorer,

At 2 months, it's far, far too early to analyze the results and claim that any time or money was wasted. At this point, less than 10% maturation can be observed and the patient has over 10 months to continue growing.

Regardless ...

Crusade,

Thank you for the update. I hope you'll keep us posted on your ongoing progress!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

that's very bad..... your money totally wasted

dude it has only been 2 months since my Hair transplant ...u need to wait for a minimum of 6 months to see results... i just updated cuz another forum member (Iroy) wanted to see how it looks like at 2 months mark ...

Edited by Crusade

hey mate,

you said that out of 1200 grafts, 100-150 grafts didn't fall off and another 200-300 sprouting...so what happened to the remainder 550 - 750 grafts???

Also, do you have to apply minoxidil on ur newly transplanted areas?

Keep us posted as I'm looking to get mine done by Dr Bhatti

1. Yes ,i have been applying minoxidil regularly to my transplanted hair aswell

2. Again , it has only been 2 months since my HT and i have started seeing some serious growth in the past few days . As far as i hv read on this forum , people generally start seeing growth after 3.5-4 months .

I am pretty happy with the results so far , remaining grafts will show up with time ..

This is my piece of advice. If you really want to have some hair on your head you need to start on finasterid. You are heading for an advanced NW patterns. Your new uploaded pictures shows a decrease in your excisting hair. So i don't think that HT + minoxidil will give you a full head of hair. If you're ok with not having a full head of hair and you don't want to take finasterid that fine. The reason why i am writing this is so you will not be disappointed.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

Xplorer,

At 2 months, it's far, far too early to analyze the results and claim that any time or money was wasted. At this point, less than 10% maturation can be observed and the patient has over 10 months to continue growing.

Regardless ...

Crusade,

Thank you for the update. I hope you'll keep us posted on your ongoing progress!

He is saying out of 1200 grafts there are approx 450 remaining.. so are those fallen grafts going to grow in coming months ??

This is my piece of advice. If you really want to have some hair on your head you need to start on finasterid. You are heading for an advanced NW patterns. Your new uploaded pictures shows a decrease in your excisting hair. So i don't think that HT + minoxidil will give you a full head of hair. If you're ok with not having a full head of hair and you don't want to take finasterid that fine. The reason why i am writing this is so you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for your advice . Actually in the last pic i posted, i had a CFL shining jus 2 feet above my head ,plus my hair are less than a cm long ryt now . I plan on waiting a month or two for my hair to reach length similar to what i had pre op. After that i ll b able to assess the situation better .. and if needed , i wont hesitate starting on a low dose of finasteride .

Btw does fin help in regrowing hair or will it just maintain my existing hair ?..

• 2 weeks later...
Nice Crusade......reckon you should put a couple more pics? Was under the impression you would have grown your hair longer than the pic posted....

Hairline looks very natural....what you reckon?

well ,i did let my hair grow for abt 2months but trimmed em off .... the thing is , the grafts which did not go into dormant phase kept on growin n so those hair were longer as compared to the new hair which hv been sprouting up lately ... so i kinda decided to give it an even look ..

yea , hairline looks good for now but i still hv a long way to go from here .

You generally get an idea of final results by the end of month 6 , so still 3 months to go ..

Hey Crusade,

Your hairline looks good. I am in Delhi and exploring reliable FUE HT options. Could you indicate as to how much does Dr. Bhatti charge for the HT? Also, were there any other options that you considered?

Thanks