will FUE into pencil-thin scar allow you to buzz?

i have researched here and seen a couple posts where people say they can now go down to a grade 2, but i haven't seen a definitive consensus on people who have pencil-thin scars to start with, if they FUE into the scar would the scar not be noticeable if you, e.g., shaved your head.

thanks and sorry if this is located elsewhere - couldn't find it! (newbie)

If its pencil thin with no stitch marks, I think fue into the scar would allow a number 2 maybe a number 1 if you had 2 rounds of fue into it. Wouldn't take much fue but its best to graft at a low density into scar tissue to give the grafts the best chance possible.

I hate the term pencil thin scar imo that's nonsense i don't believe anyone has a scar a pencil thin or even 1mm they all look at least 2 1/2 mm. Extremely lucky people can shave to a blade 3 with tricho closure and great donor characteristics but most never go below 4 as there is quite a big jump between a 4 blade and a 3 blade i tried it before and the scar stood out big time.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Im hoping thats not the case !! At the moment im 2 months post op and my scar is not noticeable on eithe side at a grade 4. It is through the middle though as Ive had a bit of shockloss.

I would say at this stage my scar looks to be 1mm. Hopefully it will stay that way and wont stretch.

I cant really get it on Camera as its still pink either side of the scar line making it look wider than it actually is.

Ill give it a bit more time then post some pics.

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

Scars are invisible up to about 3 months then they appear what I will say is if you're at a blade 4 now with shockloss you're doing well maybe you'll be able to have a blade 3 but like I say there's quite a lot of difference between a blade 3 and 4 it drops quite a bit. Each blade drops by a 1/8 of a inch. I don't think I've heard of anyone who can use a blade 2 with a scar but I used to buzz down to a blade 1 when I only had fue now I've got a scar I can't get below a 4.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonker

Im not doubting you by any means, as you clearly have far more experience in this field than i have. Can you explain 1 thing. You said scars are invisible then they will appear. I thought it would get better with time , not worse?

CHeers

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

It's weird I've spoken to a few people about it before it just seems to stretch slightly as it heals, the staples keep it very tight and after they're out it can only go 1 way it's done it to me every time and like i say ive discussed it with others it's just what happens hopefully someone else will chime in and explain as well. If you've only had a small op then you've more chance of a thinner scar I'd imagine.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

The scar will stretch i most cases. Mine did. 4280 grafts.Looked great for a month, then sometime around 3-4 months, it started to widen. I was not pushing the weights or anything. Could have been too tight a closure. It was a big case. I wish Dr. Lindsey would explain the three layer closure method--I never understood how the inner layers take tension off the out layers, but he seems to be the best explainer of scars and how they work.

It all depends on your physiology and your scar and your hair thickness. If you have nice thick donor hair to put into a scar that is not too bad....yes, you can "cure" the problem. That is often not the case. The scars are often hard, and the donor hair more likely will give a 50% improvement or so. Now I saw 2 guys today that were all worked up about scars they had from other clinics. BUT they have a long hair style and I had no idea why they were at my place until they pulled up the hair in back.

I felt both needed a scar excision and a year later an FUE...probably around 10k worth of work.....and frankly I told them that while I would be glad to take their money, that there were probably better ways to spend their money than dealing with a hidden scar...

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

Attached is a near perfect scar on a virgin head...this is what I call a pin point scar.

Thanks

55.jpg.d41883a64cb54659964e3b7fc99b49c4.jpg

56.jpg.e5976a1977e57c6a1f1780e35d7645aa.jpg

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians