Scar Excuses

Miami

Anyone have a good excuse/story for how they got their scar? The last thing I'd want to say is... "I got a HT"...

Just curious as to what stories people use to explain things. I have suture scars above and below my scar so it seems like I need a story that would warrant that type of stitching in that area and that type of scar...

Anyone have a good excuse/story for how they got their scar? The last thing I'd want to say is... "I got a HT"...

Just curious as to what stories people use to explain things. I have suture scars above and below my scar so it seems like I need a story that would warrant that type of stitching in that area and that type of scar...

Miami,

I have never had to discuss/answer questions about my scar (from this latest HT or earlier ones), but I remember a funny line someone wrote a while back. He said it was "from having part of my brain removed to qualify for..." employment at his company or getting into a lesser college... something like that. I thought it was a pretty good line and would quickly end that discussion.

Food for thought,

Mr. T

Mr. T's 8 month post-op photos

just say you fell as kid,and that's that.or you can say you had brain surgery,and they feel stupid for commenting at all,however if your hair is long enough,even a 1 inch scar is easy to cover with hair.

well I am pretty forthcoming about my HT to people , But I did have this funny experience at a conference earlier in the year.

I work for Cambridge University in IT ( Cisco ,Checkpoint, Security Networks that sort of thing ). Anyway I arrive at this networking thing am surounded by really stuffy Buisness director types, now I dress a little on the raggamuffin side, (I let my knowledge do the talking, not the cost of my shirt).

So all these stiffs in suites are looking down there noses at me & I can tell they & the organisers are thinking what the hell is he doing here.

So at lunch I try & circulate & some people are a bit more forth coming now they are aware I work for a prestigous organisation & am not there to steal their breifcases, But there was these2 real snobby types who had been staring at me & sniggering & I could feel there eyes on my 6 week old scare intesly, so I amble over & start telling them about this amazing new security chip we have been testing in the states , I told them its like a pin card & passport & credit card & everything , but its inserted in your brain & that I had a prototype implanted a few weeks ago , I went on to tell them how it was working out really well etc , except for a few side effects that make me freak out a little an stuff, well man these guys lapped it all up & where awe struck it took em a few minutes to realise I was taking the piss ,but it was classic.

icon_razz.gif

LOL! Some funny stories. But in all seriousness, I shave my head close and need a real excuse since I'm not ready to come out of the HT closet.

I was thinking sports injury causing a slice-wound to the head (I have a 5 inch straight line). Just wondering since I have some doctor friends if the type of suturing etc... would make for a credible story or if it's the best way to go... I have suture marks below the scar which are also noticeable.

I tend to buzz my head weekly to 1 mm during most of the year. No one has ever asked me if I had a HT, but I occasionally get a question about my scar. Something to the effect of Yo dude, like what happened to the back of your head.

My standard reply is I cut myself shaving. Most people tend to take that as a polite way of saying none of your business, and let it go at that.

TheTKDKid

Note: Any percentages listed are subjective estimates and should not be regarded as scientific measurements.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3hjqi/

Since having my surgery a month ago, I have mostly worn some new hats that "my girlfriend got me for Christmas." Many of my friends don't know about my HT yet.

Last week, I had lunch with a friend and colleague who had brain surgery about 3 years ago. While being seated, we passed by a young man (about 25-35), totally bald and completely shaven, who was having lunch with what appeared to be his family. The back of his head had what looked like Bosley-grade scars: Three separate, long scars, each about 1/4-1/2 inch wide. I knew immediately what it was, and my heart went out for the guy. When we're seated, my friend (who happens to be a renowned medical malpractice lawyer) says, "I feel for that guy, because he had what I had." I said nothing.icon_smile.gif

In addition to being a patient of Dr. Hasson, I act as the legal counsel for Hasson and Wong.

I was sitting in a plane and the guy in front of me removed his cap briefly and I saw a terrible, uneven and raised scar from a scalp reduction he had on his crown. What a shxt job someone did on him. Honestly, it looked painful.

What BS that you go to have something like that done so you aren't so self-conscious and now that guy has that mark for life. Fxxking butchers.

I wonder what he says . . .

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.

I havent had anyone say anything about my scar since it's very tiny, but, right after my HT I was paranoind about people noticing. For my first trip to a barber (a month after my HT and not my regular one), I came up with "got drunk, fell backwards into a counter which split my head open". You could also use the same, but perhaps in the kitchen or bathroom and the floor was wet and you slipped, fell backwards, and hit your head on the edge of a counter. Tell them it happened at the beginning of one of your vacations, and you were too embarassed to tell anyone about it (that's why I'd use the drunken part), and kept it secret. If you throw in any extra embarassing details like you were slipping on your own vomit or something, they'll concentrate on those more ridiculous details and forget to become suspicious as to whether the story is legit or not.

NC30:

A good one. The more smiling and laughing you do during the "story", the better the story sells.

I told a similar story when my scar was revised. I had too. Because my buddies were making me laugh, which stressed the sutured scar a little. So I had to cover my mouth some to not laugh so hard.

So of course, it then became a sort of game to make me laugh. Bastards -- gotta love them.

I think at that point, they could give 2 shxts about the story behind the scar. I was too entertaining for them at that point.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.