Dr. James E. Vogel-2000 grafts

Dr. Vogel,

Thank you for presenting this case. I can only agree with what has already been stated. Beautiful transformation!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

That is some thick hair! Great use of only 2000 grafts!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 10 months later...

This is me!!! Yesterday I had a follow-up appt with Dr. Vogel which I couldn't make (moved to Arizona). I decided today to upload the before and after photos (above) to this forum (given this is where I first learned of Dr. Vogel).

Dr. Vogel deserves the highest of praises. It was truly an amazing experience. I think about the surgery every day, my only regret is not doing it sooner. Thank you very much Dr. Vogel, you've made a HUGE impact on my life.

(attached picture taken today, no product, freshly out of the shower).

photo.jpg.f24f685385fc3a73f5de835fd8a9e8a3.jpg

2000 grafts....Amazing result.

Chuffed for you and Dr Vogel.....Bravo.

All bravo goes to Dr. Vogel. He called me personally (from the airport) the day of the surgery to see how I was doing, gave me his personal cell number if I needed anything, when I called the office he personally answered questions I had. He IS a top class artist!

NavyAirTraffic,

Do you take any meds? If so, what do you take?

I only take propecia. I actually beat my hair up pretty good (I dye my hair about every 2 weeks, I use hair putty products daily) and it still shows signs of thickening. Thank you!

For the area covered in relation to the number of grafts used (really? just 2,000 grafts?), this is one of the best transformations I've seen. Very, very impressive work, Dr. Vogel.

Also, you can tell how refined the hairline work is by how good it looks in the photos where the patient's with his hair dyed dark against light skin.

Congrats to NavyAirTraffic and to Dr. V!

For the area covered in relation to the number of grafts used (really? just 2,000 grafts?), this is one of the best transformations I've seen. Very, very impressive work, Dr. Vogel.

Also, you can tell how refined the hairline work is by how good it looks in the photos where the patient's with his hair dyed dark against light skin.

Congrats to NavyAirTraffic and to Dr. V!

Actually it was just under 2000 grafts. He was adamant we only do 1500 grafts, I wanted more (didn't want to do multiple procedures). Most doctors would just say "yea, I'll take your money", but he wouldn't. He said something like- "it increases the odds of the roots survivability by not overpopulating therefore competing for nutrients". At the end of the procedure he told me he was able to get closer to 2000 safely.

Here is a photo of the coverage area (right after the procedure). The grafts only extend to the middle of my head (take my hair line on the side and draw a straight line over the top of my head, that's pretty close to the implant area.) I was in the Navy at the time, I only took 1 week off from work. It didn't stay red very long.

5b32d752bba94_OzkanOzan(20110623113156758)201203131500ozan3.jpg.ac3c9f8cc77f150475ca7b8f5ed534d0.jpg