30 yr battle

sgs

Epic war that pal I thought I'd been through it but 30 years is a real war. All the best with your latest ht I hope you can have peace soon.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Dutch, I had a 2.9 cm by 29.5 cm strip with approximately 8,000 hairs in singles, doubles and multi-units. I had asked to soften the hairline and then add as much density as possible -- front to back. Time will tell. Thx

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing your journey, sgs. Per the recent discussions on this site about the hair length "sweet spot" post transplant, it is amazing how much fuller your mane looks with your hair longer. Once the new grafts are fully grown in and matured and you've recovered your shock loss, you should look terrific. Congrats!

Glad to see your shock loss hairs coming back pretty strong, shock loss always sets one back doesn't it? Its like, "Really?", more hairs in the sink than on the head...ugghhh:eek:

Did you have grafts into your mid scalp/crown area or just your hairline this HT?

Looking good tho bro!

Thanks Gents. I had grafts in the hairline, mid-scalp and crown. I think that's why I had so much shock loss! Below is a post from Dr. Lindsey (not my Dr.) of what he tells his patients. This is so accurate IMHO...

Dr. Lindsey...

Today you will leave with a crew cut of new hair wherever we place it.

7 days from now you'll get your sutures out and most likely you won't have cleaned enough...but once you wash away any remaining scabs in the recipient area...you should look pretty good.

That hair will grow for one month and then just about all of it, AND any of your native hair in that area, will fall out.

Nothing will happen for 6 weeks, and then your native hairs will start to regrow. You'll think its our new hair, but its most likely not.

So from week 5 to 11, you will be balder than now, then at about 3 months you'll be back to baseline with your native hair.

At around 6 months, some of the new hair will be growing. Sometimes its earlier (luck) and sometimes its later(absence of luck).

1 year from today, I'd expect you to have pretty good results but its probably 15 months til you are max'd out....but no one can remember to come in at 15 months, so we do an even year.

If you are a revision of previous surgery, particularly a plug repair...add 3 months to the above timeline starting at the 3 month event noted above.

Edited by sgs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just posted one photo two days short of five months. I cut it to an inch this past weekend. I'm going to let it grow and will post a more comprehensive review at six months.

• 3 months later...