Choice of Surgeon

Hey guys just want to get some opinions of if given the following two opitons what guys would go I am looking at surgery at the end of this year/start of next year. I am coming up 33 my loss is fairly stable and been on propecia for 6 months.

My 2 main choices are Dr Rahal via strip or Dr Feriduin via FUE I am been quoted around 2000 to re-enforce my hairline and temple recession.

Any opinions welcome.

Thanks Steve

Did either talk to you about temple point reconstruction as it looks like your temple points are eroded, at least your left side does anyway. Since most men recede more on the right side I can assume that the right side is just as receded if not worse.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Makem,

Have you consulted with either surgeon? In many instances, certain patients are better candidates for FUT (compared to FUE), and this is probably something to "figure out" before scheduling any sort of procedure.

Having said that, you've selected two of the most talented hair restoration physicians practicing today, and I don't think you could go wrong either way. For a 2,000 graft procedure, my gut reaction is to recommend FUT, but Dr. Feriduni is such a talented FUE practitioner that an excellent 2,000 graft transformation (via FUE) is a very realistic possibility.

Altogether, I would probably try to consult with several physicians (including Rahal and Feriduni) and obtain a strong grasp on what your physiology will allow and which procedure will best suit your needs.

Please let me know if you need any assistance!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Consult with them both, and a few others as well.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

If you want density, Dr. Rahal is hard to beat. Dr. Feriduni is great also, but Dr. Rahal seems to be able to pack them closer. Plus most of his patients seem to grow faster and earlier for some reason.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Dr. Rahal to me is way superior than Feriduni. He is better also in FUE. He has an impressive way dense of dense packing grafts to create better illusion. Good luck in your choice.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I have had online consults with both and both offices have been really helpfull and provided me with lots of information. I am just trying to decide as to wether strip or Fue will better suit my needs thanks for your input.