Hair Loss Shampoos: Do they really work to Prevent Hair Loss?

There are a number of alleged "hair loss shampoos" designed to prevent, slow down and stop hair loss. But do any of them really work?

Recently, Dr. Parsa Mohebi addressed this topic on our popular Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

To learn more, visit the topic "Hair Loss Prevention Shampoos: Do They Really Work?"

Does anyone have any experiences with hair loss shampoos that they'd like to share, either good or bad?

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill, I have been using ALPECIN DOUBLE EFFECT shampoo. This German shampoo is amazing. It really slow down my hair loss and my hair stronger with much less hair fall during shower. Plus it doesn't weight down the hair at all. I tool this type because it fights dandruff (Salicylic Acid) and hair loss (Caffeine). However if you don't suffer from Dandruff, then you can take the ordinary Alpecin Caffeine shampoo C1.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I used a caffeine shampoo for 3 monte (N2 shamppo) .It worked well for two months and after that I got red bumps all over my scalp and my hair started thinning. I was using it everyday but I believe it might be too harsh for daily use. It really stopped the shedding and was impressed but it seems that it stops woking after a while. Anyone care to share their experience with caffeine shampoo ?