The ARTAS Hair Transplantation System For FUE

Sean

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm going to have nightmares about an ARTAS murdering me in my sleep! Thanks, Sean!!! ; )

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Now I'm going to have nightmares about an ARTAS murdering me in my sleep! Thanks, Sean!!! ; )

Blake, You know It really does create more questions. Lol. Sorry about tge article...lol. Some folks think a machine/robot is precise due to algorithms and etcs being precise, but this article kind of counteracts that notion. There have been deaths even with bigger precise robots used for intricate surgeries. We do not hear about it often, unless investigative or front page journalism exposes it. So, when it comes to the Artas robotic FUE, it kind of makes me wonder if there are mishaps and issues that are kept low key? What if it goes berserk and you press the extraction button and the robot arm keeps drilling in one area non stop until you pull the plug? It really makes me wonder. Does a robot mean constant perfection?

Sean,

All jokes aside, you do bring up a good point. Automation is only as reliable as the programming. My guess -- and I'm no software engineer or robotics expert -- is that there is some sort of fail safe in the software that would shut the machine down. But, it could absolutely cause an issue if he kept penetrating and rotating. You should see some of the other non-hair transplant machines they use to perform surgery. If these went haywire, you would REALLY have a problem.

I've never personally heard of this happening with an ARTAS, but it is a very interesting question. Maybe a doctor who uses an ARTAS will come on and comment.

Dr Feller is the guy you want to talk to about the engineering aspect of it though! He's a wiz with this type of stuff.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.