hair transplant after 12 months looked great,now falling out

My transplant looked great after the first 6 months and after another 5 months looked even better. I was so proud of the way it turned out, it looked quite full, even the girls at the office were making comments about how the procedure turned out. Then around the 16th month,I noticed thinning on the side and the temple regions were thinning so much,my close friends were noticing . it looked like a combination of native hair and transplanted hairs. I noticed small divots were there were 3 and 4 hair grafts at one time that were completely gone. others were so weak that it looked like I could just pull on them and they would come right out. In a panic ,I rushed to get a second transplant since it was October and it was winter and I needed to wear a hat anyway,perfect time for a second procedure.

After the second...the shock of surgery made a lot of the thinner and native hair fall out as well...now I am in real panic mode

As a desperate measure, I stared using propecia everyday for the last 2 months...wow what a difference , all the old transplanted hairs that were weak are growing back stronger than ever, the divots that were empty , are now producing hair, its getting so thick looking that I may have prematurely had a 2nd for no reason...I looked at the doner site and it looks like it is in the right place,not to high or low...in the safe zone. what was causing this phenomenon? Am i going to have to keep using propecia for the reset my life?!

This happened to me before, actually think I'm in the middle of one today - absolutely sucks, I guess patience and make sure you stay on Propecia/Rogaine are our only options...

Best of luck.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Glad to hear things are improving for you. I'm just surprised you weren't on Propecia before your first procedure. Stay on it!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Im happy about the regrowth, I thought it might be seasonal,but Ive never had that much hair to tell before the transplant. The only reason I HATE taking propecia,proscar, is that it makes me gain weight,absolutely no lobido, and cant exercise..I just feel lazy and lethargic. I would have stayed on propecia, I was having great results in the front and the temple areas, the reason I opted for the transplant is the horrible side effects I encountered. This is the reason I hope it is a seasonal shedding and not loss of grafts.I hope to stop using and test to see if the transplants will start shedding again. Thanks for all your support and help. I will post pics here .

before_transplants_on_propecia.JPG.da387e09e75eeca6936b0925cb611b5b.JPG