The whole propecia scare???

NEWHAIRPLEASE

Ok guys

Just thought I would pass this along....a lot of people are now concerned that finasteride can lead to a higher rate of high grade prostate cancer...well, this was actually found out while they were doing a study to see if it would decrease your risk for prostate cancer...well, I think the findings were it decreased low grade prostate cancer and slightly increased the risk for high grade prostate cancer...Im a big fan of finasteride..I look at the positives, it stops hair loss and and prevents low grade cancer....

AS FOR IT CAUSING CANCER: Ive ALWAYS said this: if there were a study done on apples, it would show apples increased your risk for a certain type of cancer...well here is that study...

A study on the intake of Vitamin E has shown to INCREASE THE RISK FOR PROSTATE CANCER!! Im gonna put the link to the study, I hope that is okay...

Vitamins That Can Hurt You | Yahoo! Health

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Interesting. My thought is that fun can mask the symptoms of prostate cancer. I don't know if this is true, but these are my thoughts.

It runs in my family in men pushing 70, by which time most die of something else before cancer gets them. One person, great grandfather, died a pretty brutal death from matasticised prostate cancer.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

There was a study released a few days ago that stated the caramel coloring that Coke and Pepsi use in their cola formulas causes cancer. In California they were going to force Coke and Pepsi to put warning labels on their cans saying "This product has shown to cause cancer in lab rats,etc... Because of this Coke and Pepsi are changing their formulation on how they make their soda.

The thing of it was that in order for humans to receive the same amount of the substance found in Coke and Pepsi that was given to the lab rats that caused cancer, one would have to drink 1000 CANS OF SODA A DAY. Draw your own conclussions.

I just started taking Finasteride a few months ago so I am not taking any of the claims about the drug lightly. However if lab rats were given say 1000 mgs of Finasteride a day and it caused cancer, I don't think that I would be overly worried about the findings. If some convincing studies are released I would have to rethink taking the drug.

You guys are in serious denial. First, they relabel the drugs in Europe to include--for the first time--an admission that side effects may be permanent. Then Merck takes down the propecia.com web site and directs visitors to report side effects to their doctors. Now it's been linked to cancer by the Canandian government.

How much more evidence do you need?

Finasteride (Proscar, Propecia) and dutasteride (Avodart, Jalyn): may increase the risk of high-grade prostate cancer

Everything is linked to cancer because it is one of the worlds biggest killers and we haven't cured it yet.

You are more likely to get cancer from poor diet, too much exposure to sun, excessive drinking,smoking and the list is endless, so I would get it in prospective and not be that pessimistic.

This is mentioned half way down:

'The 1 mg finasteride strength (Propecia) was not included in these trials but a potential risk has not been ruled out.'

This is one source of research regarding finasteride and I have read others that completely disagree with this, so you can make your own minds up.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Cancer can be a multi-factoral process. It could be the combination of the sun, soda, stress and family history all being present and then finally, the last thing needed to push one over the edge was finesteride. :) Or maybe too many trips to the CAT-scan, or the tanning booth. While cancer may be the exception to the rule, the bottom line, from what I understand, is that the FDA cleared the medication to fight MPB at one particular level from their trials--and that no other similar trials were ever conducted at different levels of medication. Now we have some longer-term data emerging which may show that the effects of FIN may be more detrimental. This is not that surprising. But here's the thing-some of the most established publications on HT's state that one should never assume medication will work in halting hair loss. No medication can do that--that would be a "cure." FIN may work great, not at all, or retard the process enought to buy some time and keep hair. You may get sides, you may not, you may get sides with no cancer, you may get sides and increase your cancer risk, etc. etc. All I am trying to say---in my opinion, one should never do a HT under the assumption that you should be on meds. Remember, each transplant should stand alone and stand the test of time (although you may need to come back for a second op.).