products to take post ht

hi guys

what products do you recommend taking to give yourself the best chances of early growth after op

i am currently taking minoxidil is there anything i could be adding to my regime to optomise growth ;-)

hppy growing everyone

dingdong12,

MSM is Methylsulfonylmethane, which is necessary for collagen synthesis: skin, hair and nails. While normally your body gets MSM from fresh foods (fruits and vegetables), a supplement is recommended if not enough fresh vegetables are eaten (MSM can be lost very quickly during the cooking process).

Contrary to some MSM promotional literature, there is no Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for MSM or sulfur, which it contains. Since my HT (almost 4 months ago), I have been taking 2000 mg (2 grams) of MSM per day, along with 5000 mcg of Biotin, a multivitamin, and 1000 mg of Purified Fish Oil. So far, my liver and kidneys have not been complaining :-).

In the U.S. MSM is regulated as a dietary supplement by the FDA.

You can buy MSM in any vitamin store.

Dingdong, I agree with all Spex posted. It's a great guide! MSM does speed up hair growth for a fact. I've witnessed it personally.

Finasteride, Minoxidil, and MSM are great. Biotin is a really good supplement if you do not eat healthy or take meds that interfere with Biotin production in the upper GI.

Don't use anything other than baby shampoo for the first several weeks. Don't expose those new grafts to anything harsh.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

RC West

You mentioned that MSM speeds up hair growth. Do you mean this in general , or do you think this will bring the transplanted hairs through quciker than the average 3-4 months ??

Thanks

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

MSM doesn't make it grow at an earlier point but makes it grow quicker once it starts. I started using Minoxidil, Biotin, vitammine E, B6, B12 and MSM after my HT.

Everyone is different but I saw the first growth after six weeks so at least these suppliments didn't hurt!

• 1 month later...

MSM doesn't change the growth cycle, it just makes hair grow faster when it is in the anagen cycle. It's a great supplement, and it's really cheap.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Not only can the supplements provide better hair health , but its good for your overall health. Thanks spex for the great information you provided in those links , great bit .

I am currently taking vit e , vit c, msm , finasteride, fish oil, vit b complex and a multi ... its definatly a hand full of pills to be taking each day , but i do feel better when i take them .... i pray to science each night for a better solution:D